Bike missing after Kernville festival- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bike missing after Kernville festival

For anyone who attended this last weekends festival, heads up for a pewter colored Giant trance. It turned up missing after the Saturday night party. We are really hoping someone drank too much and grabbed the wrong bike or something. We scoured the entire MRA campsite Sunday and Monday, no luck. It was a borrowed bike that one of the long time guides was letting his son ride. Flat pedals, nothing special equipment wise. If it was taken we don't think it was someone who new about bikes, as there were bikes there worth much more than that bike that were as accesable. It ruined an otherwise great trip for one family, and has raised concerns for all who are aware of the situation.
    Stuff like this usually does not happen at the festival. It is really going to suck big time if this bike was actually stolen. If you think you know anything about this please contact John at mountain river adventures asap.
    Thanks
    I got no friends, and everyone else hates me.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

\_(ツ)_/ SuperModerator
    I am really sorry to hear about the loss/misplacement/accidental stealing or whatever it turns out to be.

I do have one question, why were the bikes not locked up? When I go camping I keep my bikes locked even when I can see them from my campfire. Perhaps I am just paranoid.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

Life Is Short
    That really sucks. But let me tell you one thing about "togetherness and all that sort of crap".
    Kernville is no different from a job. Yeah, you know almost everyone but why in the hell does
    someone keep stealing my Stouffer's pizza bread from our employee freezer? I know everyone
    at my workplace (appx 120 people) yet some assclown keeps stealing my lunch. That bike
    hopefully was a mistake but who knows. Chain up your bike no matter where you are. I even
    cable lock my bike on the porch of my ghetto Big Bear double wide when i'm watching tv.
    Cheap people buy things twice

\_(ツ)_/ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Chain up your bike no matter where you are. I even
    cable lock my bike on the porch of my ghetto Big Bear double wide when i'm watching tv.
    I keep mine locked up in my Garage at home so "if" someone decides to break into my Garage, they will grab the more easily replaceable crap that is not locked down before they snag my bike.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sucks...the MRA people are awesome.... sucks it happened to them . Post pictures of the bike if possible......if it happened at the Fat Tire Festival yes it must have been someone that knew about bikes...who the hell else would be up there?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Yep,
    Have my bikes cable locked through an eye bolt that is screwed into the studs. I do not make it easy for them.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    That really sucks. But let me tell you one thing about "togetherness and all that sort of crap".
    Kernville is no different from a job. Yeah, you know almost everyone but why in the hell does
    someone keep stealing my Stouffer's pizza bread from our employee freezer? I know everyone
    at my workplace (appx 120 people) yet some assclown keeps stealing my lunch. That bike
    hopefully was a mistake but who knows. Chain up your bike no matter where you are. I even
    Ha,ha now that's funny. Fatcat looks like you should change pizza brands. Apparently someone else besides yourself is addicted to Stouffer's.

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by osmarandsara View Post
    .if it happened at the Fat Tire Festival yes it must have been someone that knew about bikes...who the hell else would be up there?
    Tweakers gonna Tweak.
    It wasn't me

mtbr member
    In response to the poster who asks who the hell else would steal it besides a mtn biker, all I can say is, that is a pretty average bike. I would think If your going to steal a bike, would'nt you take the best bike you could get, unless you didn't know anything about bikes?

I hear ya about locking bikes. I never let mine out of sight at home. The thing is, the entire campground except for one family was all mtn bikers, and I can't think of a single bike I saw locked. There is definitely a feeling of commraderie around the event, and a good vibe. We had four bikes, two motorcycles, a generator and other misc. stuff around our campsite and never locked any of it. From what I've heard this possible theft is very unusual at this event. The people I went with have been going for 16 years and they had not heard of ANY issues of theft prior to this. Lesson learned, we will lock all our gear at future events. Just really sux for my friends who suffered the loss, and now have to find the money to replace a borrowed bike.
    I got no friends, and everyone else hates me.
    The older I get, the faster I was.