any good bike mechanics / bike shops recommended west LA?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

any good bike mechanics / bike shops recommended west LA?

there are a lot of them, but they all take f.o.r.e.v.e.r to do anything, 1 to 2 weeks for repairs and stuff

not great

anyone know of somewhere /someone that is fast and good?

MTBR Member since 2001...
    Try Bike Attack Santa Monica 2400 Main Street 90405 local Bike Shop Mountain Bikes Road Bikes Cruisers Electric bicycles Fixies Bike Rentals Bike Repair in Santa Monica. I don't know what their turn around is. Probably depends on what the service is.
    '11 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    '08 GT Force 3
    Giant
    Moto
    Trek
    Others

Stupid is, as stupid does
    What part of town are you in? The major problem is all the bike shops are so busy from too many customers. What is your bike related issue? Do you know how to do any wrenching on your bike?
    Yeti SB95C
    Carver Ti 420
    Ibis HD3

mtbr member
    May 2011
    hmmm i smashed the right brake lever in half (smashed the housing in half and the lever off), bent the left brake lever, bent the fork and scratched the right stanchion, bent the rear brake rotor so it makes continual contact with brake. Also not sure if I bent the handlebar, don't think so though.

I can replace the fork myself I think, but the brakes and rear rotor not so much?

and yes all the shops seem to be crazy busy.

Stupid is, as stupid does
    Wat part of town are you in? I live in Santa Monica and can help walk you through all the repairs. It also sounds like you are going to have to replace a bunch of parts as well. many can be found on eBay. If you live close to me send me an email, my pm's don't work. [email protected]
    Yeti SB95C
    Carver Ti 420
    Ibis HD3

mtbr member
    You reminded me of one of my buddy that got into a serious crash and when he got up the first thing he asked is "is my bike okay?" not realizing his injury.
    Hope you didn't get hurt too bad.
    Anyway the problems you described cannot be fixed but replaced. Start shopping around for good deals on fork, rotor and brake levers. That's exactly what the shop will recommend. So save some money and just diy. Imartin's is the only shop near my work(west la) that I can think of. You can also try Wheelworld in Culver city, I find they have good deals from time to time. And get buy some Tito's tacos(ummmm) while your there.
    I do everything myself cause Im too cheap and don't trust other mechs with my bike.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    yah im fine no worries

I crash about 1 to 2 times per week

my DH bike is still good so im riding that locally for now.

I have all the replacement parts already.

mtbr member
    PM me if your still needing to do the work, I work at a shop and do repairs on the side. I charge about half of what most shops charge

Members who have read this thread: 0