Your next bike . . . at Ales & Trails May 4.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Your next bike . . . at Ales & Trails May 4.

Only 1 week left for Ales & trails 2019 - and your chance to WIN this magnificent dream build steed. The odds are still pretty good, and your donation will benefit a good cause AND China Camp Sate Park.

Perhaps last year's lucky local winner will describe the joy of his lucky win.

Many of the best breweries will be there, as well as a wide range of demo bikes, fabulous BBQ and a ride with long time champion Ned Overend!

This is one of the best Marin events of the year, see you there!

https://access4bikes.com/giveaway/

https://access4bikes.com/ales

Last edited by Fairfaxian; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:11 PM. Reason: Correcting URL link
    I like to bike.

mtbr member
    I heard that guy that won is pretty cool. I know he bought a bunch of tickets and donated them to somebody.
    This is my favorite event of the year, screw Christmas. Great group of people and great bikes, beers, food and music. Now that you can camp too, it's the best.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    I won 2 years ago. Bike changed my life.
    In appreciation, I help promote the event -which I have attended for many years.
    Last year I bought $100 worth of donation tickets which I gave as a match to the next person to buy $100 of tkts.

Last year's winner was the cool guy. I didn't know he gave away tkts. But he was pretty darn delighted to win that bike -as this year's winner will be.

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan View Post
    I heard that guy that won is pretty cool. I know he bought a bunch of tickets and donated them to somebody.
    This is my favorite event of the year, screw Christmas. Great group of people and great bikes, beers, food and music. Now that you can camp too, it's the best.
    I like to bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfaxian View Post
    I won 2 years ago. Bike changed my life.
    In appreciation, I help promote the event -which I have attended for many years.
    Last year I bought $100 worth of donation tickets which I gave as a match to the next person to buy $100 of tkts.

Last year's winner was the cool guy. I didn't know he gave away tkts. But he was pretty darn delighted to win that bike -as this year's winner will be.
    Ha, I guess I meant you. Nice move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Yes, great cause
    IPA will save America

Hella Olde
    Probably skip it this year after all the DUI talk - no designated driver.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40 View Post
    How far would your uber/lift ride be?🤔
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

Moderator Moderator
    Your next bike . . . at Ales & Trails May 4.-trolley-pub-durham-homepage-header-1920x788.jpg

mtbr member
    You can camp

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    How far would your uber/lift ride be?樂
    I live in SF but I boycott rideshare and will never ever use it. I'll figure something out. Maybe ferry/bike to/from Larkspur *burp

Edit 8.3 miles from Larkspur.....

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan View Post
    You can camp
    Enough of all the great beer and yes, I will camp in a bush temporarily, but I've got stuff to do that night.

mtbr member
    Hey Fairfaxian - The link to the raffle is down. Just a heads up for the team. Thanks for the help in pulling this together!
    Previously known as mttamrnr.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by etuck View Post
    Hey Fairfaxian - The link to the raffle is down. Just a heads up for the team. Thanks for the help in pulling this together!
    Thanks. It's not down. This is the correct link. My bad!

I like to bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfaxian View Post
    Thanks. It's not down. This is the correct link. My bad!

thanks. i found the other link as well. it prompted a cool pic of a plane going down in flames. (maybe not so cool for the pilot)

i donated all my months lunch money. i'll pack a lunch for the duration!! thanks for the reminder. i wont be able to make it but, you all just call me afterwards and tell me where to come and pick it up .

i paypalled..i assume i get the email notice? since you wont have any other of my contact info.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Fun event. Iíll probably go.

mtbr member
    Rad. I donated!
    Previously known as mttamrnr.

mtbr member
    I live in SF but I boycott rideshare and will never ever use it. I'll figure something out. Maybe ferry/bike to/from Larkspur *burp

Edit 8.3 miles from Larkspur.....
    I'll be driving up from SF probably around 8am if you wanna hitch a ride.
    I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

mtbr member
    double post nazi

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooked Cop View Post
    I'll be driving up from SF probably around 8am if you wanna hitch a ride.
    Thanks man! Appreciate the offer. I 'm not gonna go this year. I did a 'Contact the Organizer' through Eventbrite to see if I can transfer my entry. If you have a friend who needs a ticket (and i can transfer it) I'll give it to you for $20.

Hella Olde
    Thanks man! Appreciate the offer. I 'm not gonna go this year. I did a 'Contact the Organizer' through Eventbrite to see if I can transfer my entry. If you have a friend who needs a ticket (and i can transfer it) I'll give it to you for $20.
    I just looked at my ticket and it just says 'Purchased By xxxxxxxxx' I'll bet anyone w 21+ ID can use it to the fullest. Let me know if you want it - if not, I'll offer it to the rest of the hoarde.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Is there a list of the bike demos that will be there?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Nevermind. Found it on the Ales & Trails website.

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Went to this for the first time.

This event could benefit significantly from some simple organization, but overall we had a great time.

Wife demoed a lot bikes and fell in love with the Whyte T130

Beer lines were short and quality excellent.

BBQ was truly excellent. Chicken rub was next level.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hella Olde
    Cool - who won the bike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    Went to this for the first time.

This event could benefit significantly from some simple organization, but overall we had a great time.

Wife demoed a lot bikes and fell in love with the Whyte T130

Beer lines were short and quality excellent.

BBQ was truly excellent. Chicken rub was next level.

Iím curious, what problems did you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I wouldn't say we had problems, but we definitely could have had a better experience. A few suggestions:

1)We are not from the area and some signs on the road indicating where the event was would have been helpful. There were a number of crowded areas along the road that weren't the event

2) When we finally got to the event there was no clearly marked area to resigster. We figured it out but it would be helpful to have a registration sign

3) Once registered we got AMAZING swag. Cool glass and socks. But now I'm far from my car and plan on riding bikes. What the #@$& I'm I gonna do with this glass?

4) The lady at the BBQ line was yelling her brains out that you HAD TO HAVE A TICKET. But with music and announcements you couldn't hear her until it was too late. We had ours but there were a lot of bummed people. Again a simple sign at the line area would have saved her voice and a lot of disappointment.

Despite all of that we had a great time and we will definitely return.

mtbr member
    I'd agree with all of these ^^^^ points. Still had a great time and had the opportunity to introduce some friends to the sport.

Air Pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    I wouldn't say we had problems, but we definitely could have had a better experience. A few suggestions:

3) Once registered we got AMAZING swag. Cool glass and socks. But now I'm far from my car and plan on riding bikes. What the #@$& I'm I gonna do with this glass?
    When I checked in at the registration booth they asked if I wanted to acquire my glass and socks at that time or pick it up later. I said later so beside the meal-ticket I received a ticket that said I would pick up the swag later. Got back from my ride, gave ticket to person at booth, she asked about sock size, received swag. Perhaps the person checking you in didn't know about offering this option to you?

That said, this was a pretty cool thing to offer the event attendees. They did not have it as a planned option last year...at that time one of the enterprising young ladies manning the registration booth came up with the idea of doing such a thing when my group was checking in and was curious as to what to do with the glasses when we wanted to ride. She found some extra raffle-type double tickets and used those to mark each glass/sock set. Rider got a numbered ticket and matching ticket went into glass.

Did anyone get any photos of the event this year?

How about attendance numbers? It felt like the crowd was a little bit smaller this year.

Vibe was mellow and fun as usual. Lots of people on the trails, everyone smiling and calling out number of riders following behind when passing the other way. I don't think I ran into any one group who did not do this. Made for a better experience. Thanks everyone.

I did have a nice chance encounter with one of my mountain biking heroes...at one point I was waiting for one of the brewery vans to make a many-point turn on the dirt road leading into Miwok Meadow...a rider came up to where I was waiting, then rode next to me down the road. I glanced over and noted the bike first...a Cunningham roadie...then looked up into the smiling face of Jacquie Phelan. Had a nice conversation about how Charlie is doing and a few other things...she gifted me a couple of her postcards...then I watched her get swallowed up by the crowd. Saw her in the crowd later at lunch, holding court like the mountain bike royalty she is....
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Hella Olde
    Was there an FUCI sanctioned kid's race this year?

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    We were not offered the glass pick up option but stashed them and hoped for the best and it worked out.

Like I said no e of it was major, but some minor tweaks would have helped us first timers.

The real glass and sweet socks are great!

mtbr member
    Had a great time again this year. Such a great deal for only $35. Normally a demo bike, beer fest and lunch would run close to $175 in the Bay Area. Most breweries fill your glass to the top too. Not some taster size glass with half-dozen drink tickets.