Whiskeytown Classic XC, Sept. 26- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Whiskeytown Classic XC, Sept. 26

Whiskeytown Lake National Recreation Area

http://teambigfoot.net/WhiskeytownClassic2010.htm

XC SIGN-UP: Sunday, 7:30 - 8:30 AM

RACE STARTS AT 9AM SHARP (Expert / Pros start at 9, Sports start at 9:01, Beginners at 9:02. Sign-up is at the Horse Camp parking lot (follow the signs).

COURSE: Much of the course is on flume trails dug by hand during the gold-rush days. Few courses are this fun and flowy...so much singletrack your face will hurt from grinning so much! The course is 10 miles of singletrack and fireroad with about 1400' of climbing, one lap for beginners, two laps for sports, three laps for experts & pros. It's a fun and challenging course, without being too brutal or too scary...beginners & pros will love it!

FREE CAMPING! We reserve the entire group campsite at the start/finish. Racers are welcome to arrive the night before. Wake up in your tent, stumble over for coffee and get ready to race. What could be more convenient than that?

WIN A GIANT XTC2 MOUNTAIN BIKE
    Here's how: We'll do a drawing at the Northern Calif. Series Finals,
    the LaGrange Fall Classic in October.
    Racers get one chance to win for every race they do in the series. Plus you earn more chances for a top-3 finish, 1st=3 more chances, 2nd=2 more chances, 3rd=1 more chance. The more you race the better your odds! Must be present to win. We'll give away two bikes, one to a XC racer and one to a DHer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whiskeytown Classic XC, Sept. 26-wtxcfastpack.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bigfoot; 09-09-2010 at 07:36 AM.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Vic from Whiskeytown is a sponsor for this forum again. Show him some suppport on that nice course of theirs.

Take lots of photos and bring home stories and post them here.

fc

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

The edict has been issued.

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Vic from Whiskeytown is a sponsor for this forum again. Show him some suppport on that nice course of theirs.

Take lots of photos and bring home stories and post them here.

fc
    "Yeah, Humboldt County is way the %#@* up there, but worth it!"

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Does anyone know where last years results are posted? Trying to get a feeling for what the finishing times are. Particularly for Expert Single Speed. Thinking of comin up. Thanks.
    Kappius Components Ambassador - Ping me a note for a discount code

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    Does anyone know where last years results are posted? Trying to get a feeling for what the finishing times are. Particularly for Expert Single Speed. Thinking of comin up. Thanks.
    Here: http://teambigfoot.net/Whiskeytown%2...lts%202009.htm

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thinking of maybe trying to make it up there for this one... Anyone leaving from San Jose area that might want to carpool?

Chris

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Good job! Great event

This race is FANTASTIC! Amazing course with lotsa singletrack and a few technical sections. I am very sorry to miss it this year.

Absolutely worth the drive.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Hmm....only 2 single speeders last year?? Hopefully there will be more this year.

mtbr member
    Hmm....only 2 single speeders last year?? Hopefully there will be more this year.

Hey, just sign up for geared expert. You're fast enough and you know you want that extra lap
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality
    Hey, just sign up for geared expert. You're fast enough and you know you want that extra lap
    ha thanks.....I would want the extra lap of course (especially driving all the way up from Folsom). Expert SS only does 2 laps? Maybe that was just last year?

According to the website Pro/Expert SS seems to be 3 laps this year as far as I can tell ( http://www.teambigfoot.net/WhiskeytownClassic2010.htm) What say you Vic?

mtbr member
    Yup, three laps for ALL experts, geared or otherwise....

ha thanks.....I would want the extra lap of course (especially driving all the way up from Folsom). Expert SS only does 2 laps? Maybe that was just last year?

According to the website Pro/Expert SS seems to be 3 laps this year as far as I can tell ( http://www.teambigfoot.net/WhiskeytownClassic2010.htm) What say you Vic?
    "Yeah, Humboldt County is way the %#@* up there, but worth it!"

Members who have read this thread: 0