Where are you going today?: 5/1- Mtbr.com
    a.k.a Slacker
    Jan 2006

Where are you going today?: 5/1

Just check'n in, to see where people are riding today.

On a side note, has there been any wildlife sightings up Kennedy? I rode solo there on friday afterwork, and got a little nervous as there was not much traffic around.

RJG
    mtbr member
    I may do a quick St. Joe's ride after 4:00 today. I haven't seen any wildlife up Kennedy lately, Oh yeah, I haven't been up Kennedy lately. I have seen bobcats and coyote up there in the past though.
    R

enter and win

It's May Day!

Prolly just take the pibbles up Old Briones Road, not riding really until the Mafia ride tomorrow. Remember to give flowers to someone special today to celebrate May!

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSchitt

On a side note, has there been any wildlife sightings up Kennedy? I rode solo there on friday afterwork, and got a little nervous as there was not much traffic around.

Loops around Kennedy and Shannon after work, roadie ride.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

a.k.a Slacker
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the reminder Becky, I'll bring flowers to the wifey now, :-)
    Anyone planning on up/down Kennedy today circa 5:30 that I can tag along with (if you don't mind pitching a tow rope)

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    Prolly just take the pibbles up Old Briones Road, not riding really until the Mafia ride tomorrow. Remember to give flowers to someone special today to celebrate May!
    The irises in my backyard are in full bloom - does that count?
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Just doin' a quickie lap at Quicksilver on the SS...nothin' exciting
    Click Here for Forum Rules

Let's ride
    We're either doing a road ride or mtb in the Kennedy area starting ~6.

Ohschitt
    I was on Kennedy mtb ride on Friday. Wonder if i saw you. Started climbing at 6pm. I was there with friend on a silver Turner. I was wearing a Titus jersey.
    Didn't see any wildlife, and hadn't seen any up there in the last 1.3 years.

a.k.a Slacker
    Jan 2006
    I think I came upon you guys as you made the turn from the wet section, or was that some other group of guys. Did you see the hikers taking the photos?

jrm
    mtbr member

Oh the Blaspheme

stretch out the afternoon road commute home....

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Ill be at Wilder around 1 or so.Bright and sunny in Santa Cruz right now so it should be a great ride.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecRider96
    Ill be at Wilder around 1 or so.Bright and sunny in Santa Cruz right now so it should be a great ride.
    I was there yesterday afternoon - verrrrrrry nice. It'll be a great ride
    Click Here for Forum Rules

Mar 2006

Smellin Cedars on Pioneer Trail

I rode Pioneer trail this AM. I little snow above Nevada City but nothing significant. The trail is in great shape and the trees smell great!

fc
    head minion Administrator
    My name is Miguel and I went on my first mountain bike ride yesterday at Arastadero Preserve.

My dad told me it's cool to wear my gloves and helmet in the car. That way we ride as soon as we park the car. I saw three lizards and four deer. I met this funny guy Skyline35.

I cried when I couldn't climb the steep hill. But then I led the way through the stream crossings. I like the downhills. You have to hold two brakes and stand a little. If you cross ruts, you have to lift up a little. My mommy walked down the hills. She has to do some training.

Miguel
    Attached Images Attached Images

a.k.a Slacker
    Jan 2006
    When you guys do Kennedy on Wednesdays, where do you all meet up? From what I saw of the "parking lot" at the trail head, you couldn't fit more than 4 vehicles. I presume you ride up from the town, but where do you park?

Thanks.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    My name is Miguel and I went on my first mountain bike ride yesterday at Arastadero Preserve.

My dad told me it's cool to wear my gloves and helmet in the car. That way we ride as soon as we park the car. I saw three lizards and four deer. I met this funny guy Skyline35.

I cried when I couldn't climb the steep hill. But then I led the way through the stream crossings. I like the downhills. You have to hold two brakes and stand a little. If you cross ruts, you have to lift up a little. My mommy walked down the hills. She has to do some training.

Miguel

Good job Miguel, where is your jumping cape? You'll get better at steep hills, I think it runs in the family.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

smw
    pedal pusher
    When you guys do Kennedy on Wednesdays, where do you all meet up? From what I saw of the "parking lot" at the trail head, you couldn't fit more than 4 vehicles. I presume you ride up from the town, but where do you park?

Thanks.

Parking across the street from the trailhead.

Sean

Let's ride
    fc, looks like you need to get Miguel a new jersey; 24 HOA?

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by smw
    Good job Miguel, where is your jumping cape? You'll get better at steep hills, I think it runs in the family.

Sean
    Hey, notice I'm using that hitch you installed. It's working good dawg! thanks.

fc

smw
    pedal pusher
    Hey, notice I'm using that hitch you installed. It's working good dawg! thanks.

fc

I notice now, Im a bit slow on mondays.

Sean

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    the rei crew and i rode all over china camp today. tomorrow is annadel around 2pm. i've never been up there and i'm looking forward to it but my legs took a fair beating today. i'll get my climbing lungs yet!

mtbr member
    Stealth night ride in the peninsula.

Slowest Rider

Nice Story Miguel

Miguel
    Good to see you trying while you're young, and that you met Charlie (Skyline35).

My 3 year old girl is the only one in the family eager to look at my ride pictures. She saw Charlie's picture while sitting on my lap and asked "who's that". I said "Charlie" (who was standing by Coit Lake at Henry Coe.) She then said in a loud enthusiastic voice "I LIKE Charlie" for reasons only a 3 yo can know.

I'd cry when I climb steep hills if I wasn't too winded. Yet I keep doing it.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

Slowest Rider

Santa Teresa Today

I did Santa Teresa this morning. I got sucked in by one of those man eating sink holes Chum didn't warn me about. More, with pics, on another thread later. Edit: Details Here now
    Last edited by BigLarry; 05-02-2006 at 12:00 AM.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

To and from work...

South San Jose to North SJ and back again.

The fun part was dodging the thousands of peaceful protesters on the Guadalupe River Park Trail at the immigration rally. Obstacles!

Si se puede!
    Can we talk tires now?

More pie please

Hi again Miguel!

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel
    My name is Miguel and I went on my first mountain bike ride yesterday at Arastadero Preserve...I met this funny guy Skyline35.

Miguel
    Hey, it was awesome to meet you Miguel!!!!

Me to Miguel: I read that you're Dad has been showing you how to wheelie.

Miguel, his face lighting up: Yeah, my Dad was showing us wheelies and he fell on his BUTT!!!!!!

///Charlie
    Long live long rides

Members who have read this thread: 0