mtbr member

Where to Get Full Shock Service?

Rebound off on my shock with some sad squishy noises. Anyone know where I can get a full rebuild near Santa Rosa? I've heard SF or Marin is closest.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    How about in south bay / peninsula? I know you can just send to Fox (if you own Fox), but heard it's 2-3 week turnaround time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    How about Brennan Autosport in Benica? I have seen them mentioned on the forum but haven't used them myself. I am thinking of getting a full service on my 2015 pike RCT. I did a lower leg service and it seemed fine for a couple of weeks later added a token and now it tops out.
    Anyone have anything good, bad or in between to say about them?

thanks,
    Jeff

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Brennan is the awesome, very detailed and super knowledgable.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Michael at Full Flow suspension in Auburn. Fast turn around and awesome customer service.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahooo View Post
    Michael at Full Flow suspension in Auburn. Fast turn around and awesome customer service.
    Michael at Full Flow is the real deal. Stellar work, quick turnaround and great communication. Highly recommend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahooo View Post
    Second this..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post
    How about in south bay / peninsula? I know you can just send to Fox (if you own Fox), but heard it's 2-3 week turnaround time.
    Had my fork and shock serviced by Fox last month. Took exactly 1 week including shipping. They even swapped out the 4 year old damper under warranty (was a Scott specific damper and parts arenít availability).

mtbr member
    I had my old bikes shocks serviced at Brennan a few years ago. When I went there it looked like it was a one man shop. Not sure how it is now. I was happy with the customer service he provided. He was easily reachable and responsive. I had him do some upgrades to the fork with the service. I remember there was going to be a long wait time with some sort of parts kit for my upgrade from Fox but he was able to work something out and get the work done quickly. My shocks felt great (as they should after a service) and the quality of work was a lot better than what I had at some LBS's.

Moderator Moderator
    Anyone on the Peninsula?

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoP View Post
    Rebound off on my shock with some sad squishy noises. Anyone know where I can get a full rebuild near Santa Rosa? I've heard SF or Marin is closest.
    It really depends on the brand. With RS you go to a trained service center/LBS/Shock Tuner that has the rebuild kits. I don't believe SRAM offers direct RS service

With Fox you can do the same or go direct to Watsonville for 'Factory' service.

DVO you go direct.

huck to flat
    Mike at full flow is legit! He'll service anything, and get it back quick!

Chump
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Anyone on the Peninsula?
    I've gotten good quality rebuilds on front and rear Fox suspension from Cognition Cyclery in downtown San Mateo. That storefront has only been there a couple of years, but they picked up quality mechanics from other shops, as far as I can tell.

Getting the service accurately scheduled has been another matter. Twice they've put my appointment into their system for a different day than they told me on the phone, but they made it right.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    We've used Brennan and Full Flow with excellent results. Last I heard Brennan was back to full focus on cars though. I just had my Pike done by Full Flow and he added the Luftkappe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    We've used Brennan and Full Flow with excellent results. Last I heard Brennan was back to full focus on cars though. I just had my Pike done by Full Flow and he added the Luftkappe.
    Noooooo he's a lot easier for me to get to then the other places mentioned here!

Captain One Lung Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Mackenzie View Post
    Noooooo he's a lot easier for me to get to then the other places mentioned here!
    That's what I was told but definately check with Andrew first.

Safety Consultant
    I had an older RP2 that was tuned by Push several years ago, so I called them about a rebuild recently. They referred me to Fluid Focus (fluid-focus.com). I shipped the shock off on a Friday, had it back good as new the following Friday. Cheaper than Fox, who would have taken out the Push valving and returned it to stock.
    I'm here to kick ass and drink beer. Looks like we're all out of beer. -- Gandhi

mtbr member
    Spoke with Mike at Full Flow. Says he could have my shock done in the morning and I can meet my buddy and ride Culvert in the afternoon.

I like this guy.

mtbr member
    Spoke with Mike at Full Flow. Says he could have my shock done in the morning and I can meet my buddy and ride Culvert in the afternoon.

I like this guy.
    Stopped by to chat with Michael today and he said you contacted him. Your in good hands...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk