What a season of pro MTB racing on Norcal devices.- Mtbr.com
    Hella Olde

What a season of pro MTB racing on Norcal devices.

I don't really follow Sports other than looking at standings from time to time, and going to the odd Giants game, but this year's EWS, DH, and even XCO seasons were incredible. Right down to the fvckin wire! luckily I have access to streaming media replays all work week and RedBullTV on the devices. "Why do you care?" is a valid question - the answer is that it makes me want to ride the F out of my bike!

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40 View Post
    I don't really follow Sports other than looking at standings from time to time, and going to the odd Giants game, but this year's EWS, DH, and even XCO seasons were incredible. Right down to the fvckin wire! luckily I have access to streaming media replays all work week and RedBullTV on the devices. "Why do you care?" is a valid question - the answer is that it makes me want to ride the F out of my bike!
    I refuse to pay for anymore TV/Data/Phone/Cell content, these bills are ridiculous. Would you mind sharing your RedBullTV username and password?

mtbr member
    EWS was a disappointment for me. Should have been the Rude vs Maes battle. Big Sam Hill fan but those two drug addicts were clearly the fastest this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    I refuse to pay for anymore TV/Data/Phone/Cell content, these bills are ridiculous. Would you mind sharing your RedBullTV username and password?
    Huh? Redbull tv is free as long as you have access to the Internet. Watch on your phone, smart TV, or at work on your computer.

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    EWS was a disappointment for me. Should have been the Rude vs Maes battle. Big Sam Hill fan but those two drug addicts were clearly the fastest this year.
    I was rooting for Eddie Masters.

Hella Olde
    Pay? I 'pay' by watching ads just like we do here on MTFreeR.com

There nothing to pay besides attention and I'm pretty broke.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    Huh? Redbull tv is free as long as you have access to the Internet. Watch on your phone, smart TV, or at work on your computer.
    Well, that shows you how much TV I watch! Basically zero.

I've been missing out! They even have RedBull Soapbox Racing!

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/event...-1NT58J7Q52111

Hella Olde
    Well, that shows you how much TV I watch! Basically zero.

I've been missing out! They even have RedBull Soapbox Racing!

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/event...-1NT58J7Q52111

Check out some of their MTB content:

https://www.redbull.com/au-en/tags/mtb

Also be sure to spend most of the workday watching the Redbull Rampage live in October.

I like mtn biking, too
    Yeah I know! I've been really inspired by the MTB women and men, DH and XC. We will watch roughly half a race over dinner each night. I didn't realize you could watch EWS! I'm going to go look for that now...
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

Up In Smoke
    Nothing new here, cycling and all its disciplines have always been full of excitement. Glad the bug bit and its a motivator for you. The Tour de France was a wild ride, who predicted Egan Bernal? Nobody....

Breakout performance from Mathieu Van Der Poel in XC and Road racing. When that guy gets on a bike, you better tune in because there's going to be excitement. Road racing World Championships this weekend!

I didn't keep up much with EWS this year, I thought it was cool that these guys were pedaling to the top of the mountain, now I see they have an ebike category and it seems like there are a lot of chair lift stages...kind of feels like de-tuned DH.

Looking forward to 2020, Olympic Year!

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Nothing new here, cycling and all its disciplines have always been full of excitement. Glad the bug bit and its a motivator for you. The Tour de France was a wild ride, who predicted Egan Bernal? Nobody....

Breakout performance from Mathieu Van Der Poel in XC and Road racing. When that guy gets on a bike, you better tune in because there's going to be excitement. Road racing World Championships this weekend!

I didn't keep up much with EWS this year, I thought it was cool that these guys were pedaling to the top of the mountain, now I see they have an ebike category and it seems like there are a lot of chair lift stages...kind of feels like de-tuned DH.

Looking forward to 2020, Olympic Year!
    This year was different.

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by shredchic View Post
    Yeah I know! I've been really inspired by the MTB women and men, DH and XC. We will watch roughly half a race over dinner each night. I didn't realize you could watch EWS! I'm going to go look for that now...
    Unfortunately, there is no real live video coverage of EWS. Just a live timing feed with running commentary. The logistics of live-filming an Enduro race are well beyond what is supported by current funding levels. 5 stages in one day on super rough hiking trails in Zermatt? The best they currently do is the EWS race recap as seenhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_omz062XcWc

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Having the races formatted and covered well for spectators and TV is the key to growing the support. This was my first year watch all the XC UCI races on Redbull and it was great.

Hopefully we will see a few USA XC men in the top 20 in the next few years. USA XC women are on fire.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Yep, my first full season watching MTB content and it was AWESOME.

RedBull TV is great. Apps work great, and so does the website. There's a ton of MTB content on there, too.

I have YouTubeTV and record all UCI races, and just discovered that cyclocross season started recently. Very nice timing...

And on the topic of free content, Rapha has a real solid YouTube channel. Their "EF gone racing" playlist mainly covers the roadie team, but EF has an "alternative program" that allows riders on their team to race in non-roadie events like Leadville and Dirty Kanza, so there's a variety of content in there, and it's all high quality. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4v0S6Zq9MivuQL

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by careyj1 View Post

Hopefully we will see a few USA XC men in the top 20 in the next few years. USA XC women are on fire.

This is key, we need more heroes making the news.

I like mtn biking, too
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40 View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no real live video coverage of EWS. Just a live timing feed with running commentary. The logistics of live-filming an Enduro race are well beyond what is supported by current funding levels. 5 stages in one day on super rough hiking trails in Zermatt? The best they currently do is the EWS race recap as seenhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_omz062XcWc
    Oh cool, yeah I should check out more of these recaps - thanks. Re, live coverage - that makes complete sense. It really would be pretty dope if Red Bull would cover it - with the trails they are riding, it would be visually spectacular. The EWS riders don't get nearly enough recognition, imho! It's still a young niche.
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian