Broken but on the mend

What happened to Auburn Bike Co.

Went there today and the shop was closed and cleared out. I tried calling and the phones are off. There is no mention of it on FB or Instagram either. I was there last week and Curtis didnt mention anything about moving or closing. Anyone have any insight.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The location off Lincoln next to Arco?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    Went there today and the shop was closed and cleared out. I tried calling and the phones are off. There is no mention of it on FB or Instagram either. I was there last week and Curtis didnt mention anything about moving or closing. Anyone have any insight.
    I am really sorry for not getting the notice out sooner. My plan was to move the shop in March. I am going through a divorce and my ex-wife has made things so difficult for me I just decided to pull the plug. I am making the announcement today as it was a whirlwind move to vacate the space and save costs. It is really unfortunate but I can only do so much and I never imagined it would come to this. It was not in my heart to close.
    My customers and cycling friends were by far the best people I ever could have done business with and I appreciate that to no end. If anyone wants to contact Curtis Christensen for anything I am reachable by email info@auburnbikecompany.com or on Facebook

I have some plans for the brand so stay tuned.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    I don't unfortunately. I was told earlier in the year that the shop would be moving to a new location in the shopping center across the street and that in the mean time they were sectioning off half of the retail space for another tenant. Curty recently moved a lot of his vintage stuff out of storage and I was hoping it was to display it in the new location but I didn't see the new shop in the shopping center as of yesterday. I really hope he's just moving. Curtis has been like a mentor to me while I learned to ride and about the MTB world in general. I love the guy and will continue to support him wherever he is moving to.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    Well damn.

Broken but on the mend
    Quote Originally Posted by AuburnBikeCompany View Post
    I am really sorry for not getting the notice out sooner. My plan was to move the shop in March. I am going through a divorce and my ex-wife has made things so difficult for me I just decided to pull the plug. I am making the announcement today as it was a whirlwind move to vacate the space and save costs. It is really unfortunate but I can only do so much and I never imagined it would come to this. It was not in my heart to close.
    My customers and cycling friends were by far the best people I ever could have done business with and I appreciate that to no end. If anyone wants to contact Curtis Christensen for anything I am reachable by email info@auburnbikecompany.com or on Facebook

Well dang im sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get it all worked out. Divorce is a pain and a bitter woman can make life hell.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Bummer to hear this.
    2017 Scott Spark 930
    2016 Fuji Grand Fondo Classico 1.3
    2017 Marin Nicasio gravel bike

mtbr member
    Went to stop by there Mon before my ride obviously surpised they were gone.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I tried to swing in a couple days ago, sorry to hear and look forward to what you come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '18 Ibis Ripmo GX/XT

Backup - 2013.5 Stumpy EVO 29 - backup
    '18 Ibis Ripley LS V3 in Vitamin P (retired)

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Well, that just plain sucks. Great shop, friendly peeps.

Ride On!
    Sorry to hear that, liked stopping by there on occasion while riding in Auburn. Also, a bummer being an Ibis fan, one less dealer in the area. Looking forward to seeing what transpires and best of luck to the owner and employees.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

That really sucks. Went through a terrible divorce myself and in the end it was the best thing that happened in my life. I know that doesn’t help much, but it will get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideOf50 View Post
    Sorry to hear that, liked stopping by there on occasion while riding in Auburn. Also, a bummer being an Ibis fan, one less dealer in the area. Looking forward to seeing what transpires and best of luck to the owner and employees.
    Stay Dog Bikes in Rocklin and River Rat in Fair Oaks have ya covered for Ibis
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

Cool-blue Rhythm

That sucks.Marriage can be tuff. Plus going through A divorce.
    I'm just going to kick my wife out if her lazy ass does not go back to work.