Wha't a good Mtb'ing weekend trip?- Mtbr.com

Feb 2004

Wha't a good Mtb'ing weekend trip?

What's a good 3 day weekend mountain biking trip. I'm willing to drive about 4-5 hours. I live in San jose. My backup is Downieville but would like to try a different spot.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kley
    What's a good 3 day weekend mountain biking trip. I'm willing to drive about 4-5 hours. I live in San jose. My backup is Downieville but would like to try a different spot.

Thanks
    Bogg's Mountain near Clear Lake is very nice riding. It's a demonstration forest, like Nisene Marks. You can camp on site, driving in on rough fire roads, but there is no running water. A sun shower will do, or if you have the dough, you can stay in a near by hotel.

VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
    Shasta or Ashland.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" our VAR Facebook and VAR Instagram pages.

only slightly broken
    I like to get a hotel room in Truckee and then do a different Tahoe ride each day and
    still have Truckee to hang out in at night... It would take 10 trips to cover all the
    possible rides available. In season you can even throw in a day at Northstar if you
    like that sort of thing.

patrick

Thanks

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    You could easily spend 3 days doing rides out of Auburn, Nevada City, Bullards Bar, and even the Grouse Ridge area. Good campsites on Hwy 20 between Nevada City and Hwy 80. White Cloud Campground would be a good base camp. You can ride right from the campsite on Pioneer/Burlington Ridge trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2003

Tahoe

If not Downieville, Tahoe.
    Last summer I camped at the Fallen Leaf Lake camp ground and rode Flume(TRT), Angora Lakes and "Big Meadow to Round Lake (TRT)" for three days. TRTs were cool.

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jimyoo
    If not Downieville, Tahoe.
    Last summer I camped at the Fallen Leaf Lake camp ground and rode Flume(TRT), Angora Lakes and "Big Meadow to Round Lake (TRT)" for three days. TRTs were cool.
    I have to agree. The Tahoe Rim Trail has so much to offer. Probably my favorite place to ride, including Downieville. Fallen Leaf campground is a sweet location to settle in. Last year stayed at Emerald Bay campground and also rented a cabin outside of Tahoe City. Not too long till many of the high elevation trails will be open.

mtbr member

Downie

Thanks
    Make your way over to Downieville. I'm heading that way with 2 buds, we're heading down from Eugene, Or. for some hopeful long rides.