Well, this is refreshing!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good job! Well, this is refreshing!

Looks like $250 million was approved for expanding the bike path/trail network of Sonoma County to 800 miles (from less than 100, the report said). I just heard the news on TV; here's an online link that I was able to find:

Plan in place to connect Sonoma County in bike and pedestrian paths

Of course, it does look like most of these will be urban or suburban paths, paved bike lanes, etc. Not much that mountain bikers may get excited about. But, it's a step in the right direction, to say the least!
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Sweet.
    Here's to sweat in your eye.

Like a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by erginguney
    Looks like $250 million was approved for expanding the bike path/trail network of Sonoma County to 800 miles (from less than 100, the report said). I just heard the news on TV; here's an online link that I was able to find:

Plan in place to connect Sonoma County in bike and pedestrian paths

Of course, it does look like most of these will be urban or suburban paths, paved bike lanes, etc. Not much that mountain bikers may get excited about. But, it's a step in the right direction, to say the least!
    That's awesome! IMHO, anything that integrates bicycling into the fabric of modern life is good for all bicyclists, including mountain bikers. Also, money talks, ******** walks... thanks for the heads-up!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbt56
    Are you a whiny Marin liberal, or a hand-wringing Berkeley liberal?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha426
    That's awesome! IMHO, anything that integrates bicycling into the fabric of modern life is good for all bicyclists, including mountain bikers. Also, money talks, ******** walks... thanks for the heads-up!

I agree, if there are more places to ride, you can get more bike buyers. This leads to more LBS staying open, or expanding, or even new shops. They can carry mtb stuff too. This gives you more competition, which means lower prices (sort of, if no MSP (ala Spec and Cdale and Trek). You get more choices too.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    This is nice first step in the planning process, but the $250 million is not approved. This is just like a wish list in a long term plan. Nothing has been budgeted from what I can tell nor have any grants been awarded. Maybe they can obtain some of the stimulus funding if the plans are laid out well and they are very ready to roll with actual construction.

Now if this is made a priority during the next budget process, then I will truly be impressed - especially during these tough economic times for most Counties and Cities.

Members who have read this thread: 0