Weird sights seen at Pleasanton ridge- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Weird sights seen at Pleasanton ridge

So what kind of weird sights have you guys seen at pleasanton ridge? Years ago I saw about 30 people dressed in off white hooded robes circling a fire pit chanting something creepy while beating bones together, a dead horse, a cow killed by a mountain lion just hours before. Another time while on a night ride a group of people that hauled a 15' tall cross clear to the top by the park bench, and were having some sort of strange prayer session at 8:30 at night. Today I saw a group of orange robed monks in sandals walking around up top oh well never a dull moment.
    Fortes fortuna adiuvat

mtbr member
    https://youtu.be/gdfPrkw_V3M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trail Gnome
    You gotta get pics of dat chit...

always licking the glass
    Orange robed monks are Buddhist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...product=116154

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Maybe those monks will remove the new closed trail signs on much of the single track and give their blessings for some new trail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    A couple of weeks ago on my way through Sycamore park to Del Valle I saw a lady having a little trouble riding her bike, turned out she had the handle bars turned 180 deg backwards had to take a double take on that one.
    Fortes fortuna adiuvat

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    North side of the park past Augustin Bernal Park, spotted what appeared to be 2 skinny dogs 100 yards away. They were coyotes and quickly disappeared down toward Sinbad Creek. Easily 10-12 years ago.

About 8 years ago, just past the horse trough/water fountain from the main staging area, a bobcat cought a ground squirrel as we approached within 15-20 feet. It casually crossed the trail with no f*** given and a squirrel hanging from it's mouth.

Night ride about the same year as the bobcat incident, I noticed that there were small rocks on the uphill from the main staging area. They were not rocks, but toads moving downhill toward what I would assume to be a small runoff/water collection area.

A few weeks back, there was some sort of team-building, Crossfit (yes, I'm blaming it on the Crossfitters) event where people were shouting positive affirmations and trying to carry each other piggy-back up the trail. Easily close to 50 people didn't care about who else was on the trail, even though hikers, runners, and other users were politely letting them know they are coming up/down. I along with a rather aggravated hiker talked to who appeared the leaders at the front and they pretty much brushed as off. Maybe they would have gotten the message if a few equestrian riders were there and they got kicked in the chest for spooking the horses.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thereís a game camera on a tree at the entrance of the now being eliminated single track near the water tank. Thatís P-Ridge for you. Where fun goes to die.
    Anybody can ski the groomed

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cmon4day View Post
    Thereís a game camera on a tree at the entrance of the now being eliminated single track near the water tank. Thatís P-Ridge for you. Where fun goes to die.
    Don't think that's the only place where cameras are setup at P-ridge seem remember others. Personally I'm sick of PR I've been riding there for more than 30+ years unfortunately due to life, and work I'm not able to explore other options easily.
    Fortes fortuna adiuvat

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Stick to the singletrack and the weird sh°t will stay on the fireroads.
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.