Uvex Recall- Mtbr.com

Thread: Uvex Recall

Puro Vida!

Uvex Recall

Received a email about a Uvex helmet recall. Used the link in the the email and all I found was a phone number that just takes me to a voice mail that says leave a message-no 'Thanks for calling Uvex, This is Uvex"-just leave a message...beep. Tried emailing them as well after I found a link on the web page to ask questions-that was over a week ago. Also left a message on the voice mail about a week and a half ago....anyone know how to get a hold of someone at Uvex?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    Received a email about a Uvex helmet recall. Used the link in the the email and all I found was a phone number that just takes me to a voice mail that says leave a message-no 'Thanks for calling Uvex, This is Uvex"-just leave a message...beep. Tried emailing them as well after I found a link on the web page to ask questions-that was over a week ago. Also left a message on the voice mail about a week and a half ago....anyone know how to get a hold of someone at Uvex?
    Unfortunately, I've had no luck either. Let me know if you get a hold of them. I've called several times, left messages, etc...nada...I have an XP100.

mtbr member
    Interesting - I warrantied my Uvex a few months back and the process was very smooth. I received a letter in the mail with options for replacing my helmet with new models. It requested either a written letter response or an email listing my address and then new helmet I wanted. They promptly emailed back and requested I send my current helmet back to them. I ended up getting a nicer more expensive helmet (UVEX quatro pro) which I really dig.

Perhaps just try replying to the email, or emailing their customer service? They were super fast to respond to me that way.

Puro Vida!

Uvex Recall

Got a reply tonight after leaving another email......let's see what happens.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    They parted ways with their awesome distributor... Magura Direct. So now a bunch of rookies are gonna handle this. It's gonna be a cluster.

f
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    They parted ways with their awesome distributor... Magura Direct. So now a bunch of rookies are gonna handle this. It's gonna be a cluster.

f
    Ugh, hopefully they'll respond via email. They make a really nice lid.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Uvex Recall

Can you let me know the e-mail address? I have 2 xp100 helmets that needs to be replaced as part of this recall

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    Can you let me know the e-mail address? I have 2 xp100 helmets that needs to be replaced as part of this recall
    I called the recall number and it was an automated response due to a busy line.
    The response said to email [email protected]

I also have 2 XP100 helmets which fit my head better than any other helmet that I have ever tried.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by linger View Post
    I called the recall number and it was an automated response due to a busy line.
    The response said to email [email protected]

I also have 2 XP100 helmets which fit my head better than any other helmet that I have ever tried.
    Thanks. I found the number for Uvex (844) 767-0656 and got the same message.
    Just e-mailed them at [email protected]
    Hopefully I'll get a response soon.

mtbr member
    What helmets were recalled? I love my Uvex. Fits like no other.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Uvex Recall

Quote Originally Posted by ScottParsley View Post
    What helmets were recalled? I love my Uvex. Fits like no other.
    http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2015/...y-UVEX-Sports/

Here is the info to check if your helmet is recalled.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    Bicycle Helmets Recalled by UVEX Sports Due to Risk of Head Injury | CPSC.gov

Here is the info to check if your helmet is recalled.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Just got a reply from the [email protected] e-mail, with some forms and stuff. So far so good.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. Looks like my Uvex helmet was also recalled. I just sent an e-mail to the Uvex folks, hoping this is a relatively smooth recall process.

Puro Vida!

Uvex Recall

Ok-I actually got someone to ask me about the issues with the web site and have received a phone call and 2 emails-seems first step is to fill out a form and then sending it back to them-if anyone needs any more info let me know-but seems they're on it now-

mtbr member

Uvex Recall

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

f
    How recent was this? My recall just a few months ago was processed via Magura.

Glad to hear people are getting it working... It is the holidays so makes sense things are slow. As I said they were super fast and great to work with when I did this a few months back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    I got the forms sent to me but I'm not sure if I want to participate in the recall. The chinstrap anchors seem fine to me and I don't want to get stuck with a replacement helmet that I do not like as much as my current one. On the other hand, I'm no helmet expert and I do like a safe helmet.

mtbr member

Uvex Recall

What are you coming off of, the CC? I loved mine but like the quarto pro they replaced it with better. It's a bit heavier, but it's a more expensive, nicer helmet in all. More coverage and feels more substantial. Like the brim and easy light or camera mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    May 2006
    FYI:

I had my paperwork within hours.

I have an xp1000, which is the most comfortable helmet ever. I also have a Quattro pro, which is not quite so comfy, especially around the brow, but I do really like them both.

Of course I have been wearing my new Bell Super 2R I got for Xmas that is pretty darn good too.

Evolutionsverlierer
    There is another thread about this, maybe they can get merged. http://forums.mtbr.com/apparel-prote...ll-942614.html

I just send them an email have my fingers crossed.