Trails near Larkspur - north bay area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Trails near Larkspur - north bay area

I drove here last week from crappy Buffalo, NY and am just getting settled in and used to the area. Anybody around this area that can point me in the right direction of some good trails? Anybody around that wouldn't mind giving me a tour of the trails too? I am interested in both, close trails that I can ride to and some not so close that would need to be driven to.

Thanks in advance.
    Jason

mtbr member

Some that are close to you

China Camp (San Rafael)
    Tamarancho Boy Scouts (Fairfax)
    Annadel (Santa Rosa)
    Mt Tam (fireroads) (Mill Valley)
    Marin Headlands (fireroads) (Mill Valley to Golden Gate Bridge)

You'll find more detail on all of these and others on the Trail Reviews - CA - Bay Area board of MTBR:
    http://content.mtbr.com/pscTrails/Un...S_4519crx.aspx

Jul 2004

Sacramento area

I don't know the Larkspur area rides although I have been wanting to check them out. But if you come to the Sacramento area, I can show you some trails.

Daniel-

Apr 2004

Go outside and look around

The biggest hill you see to the west is Mount Tam. Lots of trails. Go to Mike's Bikes or any of the multitude of bike shops in Marin and get a map call the Rambler's guide to Marin.

Watch out for HOHAs, Marrinites, and Rangers with radar guns. I would avoid any illegal single track/trails. The locals are extremely millitant.

Jul 2004

Ride Saturday, 8/14

Actually, I'm looking for a ride in the north bay for Saturday, Aug. 14. Anybody interested?

Feb 2004

try

try going up sumit rd.. That would be the fastest way to the top. From there the choices are vast. The best stuff, unfortunatly, is illigal. But dont let that stop you. Try to respect the hikers and try to stay as far away from equestirans as you can. Good luck

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Yea, I am definitely going to grab a map for the local areas, just haven't had a chance yet. I would definitely be up for some Sacramento riding, but let me get settled in the area first. Mt. Tam is only fireroads? I accidently drove up to that the other day when I was lost, pretty sweet spot to get lost.

Yea, I am definitely up for a ride tomorrow. When and where?

Jason

Jul 2004

Ride Tomorrow

I'm thinking China camp. Email me your contact info and I'll give you a call.

ballbuster

PM me

Quote Originally Posted by diiulio
    I drove here last week from crappy Buffalo, NY and am just getting settled in and used to the area. Anybody around this area that can point me in the right direction of some good trails? Anybody around that wouldn't mind giving me a tour of the trails too? I am interested in both, close trails that I can ride to and some not so close that would need to be driven to.

Thanks in advance.
    Jason
    welcome to the neighborhood! I'm sure there are trailheads in Larkspur to get on Tam, but I don't know where they are. I grew up in San Anselmo and went to HS at Redwood in Larkspur. If you make it a bit west to Ross, there is the Phoenix lake park area, which links up to tons of fireroads all over Tam. Fish Gulch is a wicked climb up to Alpine lake.

Lots of good stuff around here. Bring your climbing legs.

C'mon and hook up with us locals, like....

Impy (soon to be ex-local, who is touring Washington State, Oregon and Tahoe this week)
    JRM
    Fast Eddy
    Moshika
    UncleMTB
    pfunk and ScottP
    JonnyB
    Crashmaster (aka Crazy Andy)

www.trogspace.com for the Trogs in Stanislaus county. They come out to the coast every now and again. In fact, there is talk of a China Camp assault this weekend. They are a fun bunch of folks.

We usually make it out on the weekends, and sometimes during the week after work. There is a regular Tuesday Slacker afternoon ride organized by Impy, usually in Marin or the East Bay.

Tamarancho is fun, but remember to buy a day pass at Sunshine Bikes in Fairfax. $5 goes to support a killer riding area.

ballbuster

10am, China Camp or Tamarancho

Quote Originally Posted by diiulio

Thanks in advance.
    Jason
    I guess we have not settled yet, but I'm pulling for 'Rancho. I'll go either way, tho.

ballbuster

China Camp it is, 10:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    I guess we have not settled yet, but I'm pulling for 'Rancho. I'll go either way, tho.
    Be there, or be elsewhere.