Trail Head Cyclery Dirt Demo in the Demo 7/21-7/22- Mtbr.com

Jan 2005

Trail Head Cyclery Dirt Demo in the Demo 7/21-7/22

Trail Head Cyclery is hosting their second Dirt Demo in the Demo of the year this Saturday and Sunday, July 21-22 from 9AM-3PM.

Ibis, Intense, Yeti and Specialized will be bringing their test fleets for riders to demo and reps will be on hand for those of you who have any questions. Please bring a Valid Photo ID, Your major credit card, Helmet, Shoes, Pedals if possible, all standard repair equipment as if you were heading to the trail on our own bike. Trail Head will have food and drinks available for you as well (yes, there will be beer)

If you have any questions, you can call the shop at 408-369-9666
    No reservations are required to ride and there is no charge to demo a bike.

Hope to see you all there!

-Tom
    www.trailheadcyclery.com

One more thing that Lars wanted me to mention re:Highland wy.
    HIGHLAND ROAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED

Trail Head Cyclery recommends driving through Corralitos to access the Demo. This will add an hour to your drive, so plan ahead! I know, it's a long drive, but there is NOWHERE else like the Demonstration Forest.

Directions from Corralitos:

Drive Hwy 17 to Santa Cruz and go South on Hwy 1, past Aptos and exit on Freedom Rd. Go left on Freedom, drive a few miles and turn left onto Hames Rd. A few more miles and you reach the intersection for Corralitos Rd. and Eureka Canyon Rd. Turn Left onto Eureka Canyon Road. This is your road to the Demo. Up Up Up the twisty mountain road to Highland Way. Down Highland Way approximately 2 miles will be The Soquel Demonstration Forest. A long dirt parking area on Highland Way on the left with a narrow steel bridge going across a stream, then up a very short dirt hill to the right into a large parking lot. You are there! Yeehaww! I highly recommend looking keenly at a map before making the drive! Do not attempt any short cuts. Do not take Buzzards Lagoon Rd. Do not take Lower Highland Way.

^Just a CYA for us. Otherwise use the reg. way in. I haven't been out there since our last demo so I dont know for sure how gnarly the road is.

Should be awesome just like the last few have been and I hope that everyone who goes has a great time!
    Last edited by TenaciousT; 07-17-2007 at 11:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Wanker!!!

mtbr member
    Of course, the dirt demo ends up being the weekend I'm in Tahoe.... O well, there goes that mojo I wanted to ride....

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Idea!

Wanker!!!
    One more thing that Lars wanted me to mention re:Highland wy.
    HIGHLAND ROAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED

We've been driving through the closed section for months now, but the county does consider it closed due to a short section that is very narrowly hanging onto the mountain-side. Trail Head Cyclery recommends driving through Corralitos to access the Demo. This will add an hour to your drive, so plan ahead! I know, it's a long drive, but there is NOWHERE else like the Demonstration Forest.
    My thoughts exactly. Let's all tell everyone we're wanker/poachers, but cool because we're asking you not to do it too.

Somebody's lightbulb's not shining too brite, huh?
    Just Spinning Along.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Just to clarify...title of thread states 9/21-9/22, while body of post states this weekend...7/21/-22.

I checked the Yeti website and it looks like 7/21-7/22 it is...correct?

http://www.yeticycles.com/Tribe/TribeDemo.cfm

Thanks,
    MSH

Jan 2005
    To the top

made a few changes

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I just said Wanker cuz, Tom is one. Isn't that right Tom???
    -Jasen

mind taking
    Will there perhaps be an Intense Spider 29r on hand this weekend?

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMat
    Intense will be trailering out some bikes, so hopefully there will be a 29er there. If you call down to the shop and give me your info, I'll call down there to make sure!

-Tom

MSH
    mtbr member
    Definitely worth a ride. I just demo'd one for a couple of days back at my folks place in Crested Butte, CO. I really enjoyed it. That thing just motored up steep technical climbs that my Flux would have had a bit more trouble with.

MSH

Jan 2005
    Just got off the phone with Intense

Spider 29er in a M and L size

Come on out!

Broken and dizzy
    Hey Tom, thanks for posting this up. I'll be up at N* all weekend though. (Hate to miss this though as I really wanted to check out the 6.6...oh well, next time.)

aka dan51
    Damn, EVERY time you guys have these things I'm either out of town, or unable to ride that weekend. I'll just have to get my priorities right in the future.

Someday I'll get to try a 575 and Stumpy Pro.

Members who have read this thread: 0