Tragic loss at Nisene, help requested- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2018

Tragic loss at Nisene, help requested

This was posted on Facebook by Sasha Turrentine. Sharing here for more visibility. Tragic news. I hope someone here can help her.

My dad, Tom Turrentine, collapsed and died of heart complications while on a bike ride last Tuesday, June 2, 2020, past Sand Point in Nisene Marks, in Aptos, California, near our family home. It is an understatement to say what a shock this is: we were not aware of any underlying heart condition, he was active as ever and very good about going to the doctor. But he seemed to perhaps have had a coronary issue, although that is all we know at this point.

I am writing to ask, to beg, the Santa Cruz County Community to SHARE this post, as my mother and I search for any information about his exact location when he fell off his bike. He was found by a group of cyclists as far as we understand, and we are looking to contact anyone who may have engaged with him, and would know where exactly he was when found. Please share, and please DM me or call me 831-566-7920 with any information specifically regarding this.

I understand this will be hard news for many, and I welcome love, support and stories via this thread, email or text, but please be respectful, and keep the DMs and voice calls to information about that day which might help us find the people who could help us grieve this unfathomable loss.

My deepest thanks.

Sasha

Formerly dvo
    So sorry for your loss. I hope this post helps get you the info you are looking for.
    I'm the problem....

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Holy Cow, Sasha! I hope you find some information to help you cope with your loss.
    "And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called, The Human Race..."

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    So sorry for your loss. I hope you find out what you seek, anI also hope that information brings you the peace you deserve.
    Blessings to you!
    /Ray.
    Just call me Ray

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    So sorry for his friends and family. I was riding in SC that day. It was a beautiful, late-spring kind of day. You might want to pass this request along to Epicenter.

RIP Tom
    Last edited by Callender; 06-09-2020 at 08:13 AM.
    "I will absolutely apologize hopefully sometime in the distant future if I'm ever wrong." ~ Donnie Bonespurs

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Condolences to you and your family and may your father RIP.

my body breaks the falls
    @caveman ??
    Maybe MTBR hasn't caught up to contemporary tagging methods. I'll ping him directly.
    $500 million for more irresponsible EBRPD land management? No thanks.
    www.noonmeasureww.org

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shmadge View Post
    This was posted on Facebook by Sasha Turrentine. Sharing here for more visibility. Tragic news. I hope someone here can help her.

My dad, Tom Turrentine, collapsed and died of heart complications while on a bike ride last Tuesday, June 2, 2020, past Sand Point in Nisene Marks, in Aptos, California, near our family home. It is an understatement to say what a shock this is: we were not aware of any underlying heart condition, he was active as ever and very good about going to the doctor. But he seemed to perhaps have had a coronary issue, although that is all we know at this point.

I am writing to ask, to beg, the Santa Cruz County Community to SHARE this post, as my mother and I search for any information about his exact location when he fell off his bike. He was found by a group of cyclists as far as we understand, and we are looking to contact anyone who may have engaged with him, and would know where exactly he was when found. Please share, and please DM me or call me 831-566-7920 with any information specifically regarding this.

I understand this will be hard news for many, and I welcome love, support and stories via this thread, email or text, but please be respectful, and keep the DMs and voice calls to information about that day which might help us find the people who could help us grieve this unfathomable loss.

My deepest thanks.

Sasha
    oh my goodness I'm so sorry. I was heading up the hill that day when the State park rangers and fire crews were coming down the road. I talked to a guy at Sand point but all he knew was some one had been evacuated.