TNGR 8/26: Thursday Night Gap Ride- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,176

    TNGR 8/26: Thursday Night Gap Ride

    No lame excuses involving heat, melting temperatures and such.
    Beer will taste better afterward.

    Be there... rolling 6ish from hwy9/35 parking lot.

    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

  2. #2
    ~~~
    Reputation: tburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,036
    I'm a maybe for now.

    Here are behind the scenes shots of your director in action.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TNGR 8/26: Thursday Night Gap Ride-img_6296.jpg  

    TNGR 8/26: Thursday Night Gap Ride-img_6331.jpg  


  3. #3
    M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,237
    Problem is that the starting point is about 1 hour bike ride from where I live. … and that I am the head chef in my household… and if I met up for the ride it would leave one sad wife and two hungry little boys behind. You all need to quit your jobs such that we can meet up in the 10:00AM-2:00PM timeframe.
    Don’t frail and blow if you’re going to Braille and Flow.

  4. #4
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    Problem is that the starting point is about 1 hour bike ride from where I live. … and that I am the head chef in my household… and if I met up for the ride it would leave one sad wife and two hungry little boys behind. You all need to quit your jobs such that we can meet up in the 10:00AM-2:00PM timeframe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle
    No lame excuses involving heat, melting temperatures and such.
    Ok, no lame excuses involving anything at all....
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

  5. #5
    ~~~
    Reputation: tburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,036
    In that case, I'm in.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2clue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,391
    uhmm.....I'm doing a morning roadie ride already up to the parking lot...thats not a lame excuse right?

  7. #7
    aka dan51
    Reputation: d-bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,012
    Quote Originally Posted by 2clueless
    uhmm.....I'm doing a morning roadie ride already up to the parking lot...thats not a lame excuse right?
    It's a roadie ride. That is the LAMEST excuse possible.

  8. #8
    ~~~
    Reputation: tburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,036
    Who's in? I've got 1 ice cold IPA for me, and 1 for Zen_Turtle. If no one else is gonna show, I'm not gonna bother buying moar beer. ICE COLD.

  9. #9
    aka dan51
    Reputation: d-bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,012
    Quote Originally Posted by tburger
    Who's in? I've got 1 ice cold IPA for me, and 1 for Zen_Turtle. If no one else is gonna show, I'm not gonna bother buying moar beer. ICE COLD.
    I'm in, but I don't drink beer after a ride, and I don't drink IPAs. Maybe if you could bring me some milk or apple juice... Make sure it's in a baby bottle too.

  10. #10
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    I'm in, but I don't drink beer after a ride, and I don't drink IPAs. Maybe if you could bring me some milk or apple juice... Make sure it's in a baby bottle too.
    Got 2 blue moons, crackers, salame and maybe sushi. Will bring baby formula for Dan...
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2clue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    It's a roadie ride. That is the LAMEST excuse possible.


    I'm a maybe though, if I have enough time I'll pop up.

  12. #12
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,176
    That was a nice ride and actually pretty cool weather.
    Got there late, spent the first half of the ride trying to catch up with the group and the second half trying to keep up with two fast morans...

    The friendly ranger was hiding again at the bottom of the downhill with his silly radar gun, I think he clocked me at 7mph and he warned me that it's illegal to go that slow...
    this time they tried to hide the truck and he was standing near a tree, trying to hide, so be careful.

    Second loop was in the opposite direction, but we didn't do the wall. Climbing Long Ridge is always fun.

    Remember, next week ride will be at Fremont Older, same time
    ZT
    Last edited by Zen_Turtle; 08-27-2010 at 10:51 AM.
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

  13. #13
    ~~~
    Reputation: tburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,036
    "It's good to be back from Whistler, huh?"
    "Oh yeah. I forget how comfy this bench is."
    "Did you notice someone sanitized The Root on the Gap Trail?"
    "Yes! It's SO much safer now. But we should get moving. I want to say hi to the Ranger at the bottom of Peter's Creek."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TNGR 8/26: Thursday Night Gap Ride-img_6430.jpg  

    TNGR 8/26: Thursday Night Gap Ride-img_6437.jpg  


  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2clue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,391
    Wah?!?!?!?!?!!!!! I finally was able to clear that root and somebody sanitizes it!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    33,784
    Right on guys. Thanks for keeping the ride going. I rode with the family and through a makeshift trials course in the park and then straight to the community pool we went with some popeyes chicken.

    fc

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2clue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,391
    Wah?!?!?!?!?!!!!! I finally was able to clear that root and somebody sanitizes it!!!!!!!!!!!!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,545
    I don't think anyone sanitized it. This small sucker was hanging on few threads some time ago and with traffic this trail sees it was only matter of time it would fall off.

    The main roots are all there for all riding pleasure.
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

  18. #18
    ~~~
    Reputation: tburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalk
    I don't think anyone sanitized it. This small sucker was hanging on few threads some time ago and with traffic this trail sees it was only matter of time it would fall off.

    The main roots are all there for all riding pleasure.
    Ah, okay. Thanks for pointing that out.

    Yes, main roots are still there (for me to FAIL climbing). It's definitely an "easier" shot up the roots now, because you don't have to deal with the small root at the bottom.

  19. #19
    遅すぎ
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    379
    I was the last one out last night and the ranger stopped me with his flashing red and blues right outside the lot. He was harassing me, asking if I had any legal reason for being in that parking lot after sunset and if I was with the 15 other cars that were there, or knew of the riders. I told them I wasn't (true since I arrived late) and that I had had a mechanical problem (also true, I failed to mention that it was very minor). He even threatened me with a misdemeanor . Anyway he basically told me to spread the word he's going to enforce the "rule" @ 7:45 starting next week for cars in the lot. I guess since he's not getting us with the radar, he's going to try to stick it to us with this. TNGR needs to move if this his how we're going to be treated....

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBShane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle

    The friendly ranger was hiding again at the bottom of the downhill with his silly radar gun, I think he clocked me at 7mph and he warned me that it's illegal to go that slow...
    this time they tried to hide the truck and he was standing near a tree, trying to hide, so be careful.

    ZT
    PLEASE tell me you are joking on this one? They are such ********s that this wouldnt surprise me in the least!!! Go do your freaking JOBS and be productive you Dbags! I wish HORRIBLE things for idiots that have nothing better to do than wreck some people riding their bicycles in the mountains minding their own business and hassling no-one! Go catch a meth-head or someone shuttling an illegal trail if you must. Rangers - you should be ASHAMED of yourselves!
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBShane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    744
    You know they are reading the forums and go out there with the intention of actually catching you guys right? I ride out their often and never see them, they know that there is a Thursday night ride so they go out there to bully people and feel like they are the shizznit!
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

  22. #22
    aka dan51
    Reputation: d-bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,012
    Bummed I missed the ride. Got stuck at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkenshin
    I was the last one out last night and the ranger stopped me with his flashing red and blues right outside the lot. He was harassing me, asking if I had any legal reason for being in that parking lot after sunset and if I was with the 15 other cars that were there, or knew of the riders. I told them I wasn't (true since I arrived late) and that I had had a mechanical problem (also true, I failed to mention that it was very minor). He even threatened me with a misdemeanor . Anyway he basically told me to spread the word he's going to enforce the "rule" @ 7:45 starting next week for cars in the lot. I guess since he's not getting us with the radar, he's going to try to stick it to us with this. TNGR needs to move if this his how we're going to be treated....
    Pathetic.

    After riding in CO, UT, OR, and Canada I have a huge desire to move out of CA because of these ****ing lame rules. It's so much more pleasant and accepted EVERYWHERE else. I just don't get all the ******baggery in CA.

  23. #23
    rox
    rox is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,529
    what i cant understand is why mid penn insists on harassing its users. the speed enforcement is one thing, that can be considered "for the public good", but the parking lot doesnt even belong to them. the parking lot "closes" at dusk so that police can have a tool to clear out people who are causing problems. we arent rowdy, we clean up after outselves, and we leave fairly close to sunset, so theres really no reason go harassing everyone. just because the law exists doesnt mean it must always be applied forcefully. use some discretion. after reading the previous posts ive been feeling like a criminal all evening and its upsetting.

  24. #24
    loopy counter
    Reputation: knobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBShane
    You know they are reading the forums and go out there with the intention of actually catching you guys right? I ride out their often and never see them, they know that there is a Thursday night ride so they go out there to bully people and feel like they are the shizznit!
    It should be pointed out that the rangers were at that very location Sunday night too. So your mtbr persecution theory is hogwash. I got stopped for 21 mph. They could have given me a ticket, but didn't. The brief discussion we had made it clear, they are just trying to remind people to keep it under control.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBShane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    744
    Whatever, I am making assumptions of course since I dont KNOW that they target the ride for sure, just seems logical. Your assumption that my assumption is hogwash is very assuming! ;o) I was not implying that they target MTBR forum members, but rather that they knew there was a group ride going on that night.

    I dont really care about their version of "control". Getting stopped for 21mph is ABSURD, tkt or no tkt. It just a way for them make more money off us since apparently the rest of our taxes just arent enough. Anyway, I dont want to take this thread completely off topic so I wont keep bashing the rangers. After all, they are not all a-holes. Its one of those things that really gets my blood boiling.

    Hope you guys have a great ride next time out - I bet $5 the rangers are out there waiting for you!
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

  26. #26
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    Bummed I missed the ride. Got stuck at work.

    Pathetic.

    After riding in CO, UT, OR, and Canada I have a huge desire to move out of CA because of these ****ing lame rules. It's so much more pleasant and accepted EVERYWHERE else. I just don't get all the ******baggery in CA.
    Sorry you missed the ride. I barely made it, had to fight my way out from work.

    You are completely right, but is not CA. I was riding in SoCal few weeks ago and there is none of this [email protected] there. Never had any of these issues in Tahoe either. This is just midpen, a very localized abuse of authority.
    I am tired of this persecution, which has no reason to be.
    It is time to do something about it.
    There were lots of riders on this trail on Thursday: there wasn't a single hiker.
    Bikers are a majority and this is a fact and we are the main users of these trails: this attitude towards bikers needs to change for good.

    The problem isn't that there are too many bikers, it's that there are too little trails and this is especially true around here. Conflicts happen when there are too many users tapping in too little resources.

    BTW I proposed already to buy the frigging parking lot, how much can it cost?
    C'mon FC, let's start a fundriser on mtbr to buy the parking lot at Saratoga Gap.

    ZT
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.