Thorns at Demo- Mtbr.com

Thread: Thorns at Demo

nocturnal oblivion

Thorns at Demo

Just a heads up to remember a patch kit etc. Pulled three thorns today, three patches used. Found the flat 10 minutes after leaving when I got home, probably therefore got the thorns in the upper parking lot or ride out.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

mtbr member
    May 2007
    TUBELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! (with stans)

I know not everyone has this or wants to mess with it, but it has it's advantages.

You pay your time either way.

With tubeless, you pay you time in set up.

With tubes, you pay you time on the trail with a flat.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the heads-up - checked my tires and I got lucky. Maybe it was some thorns from the logging activity or just dropped at the trailhead by someone cleaning out their truck bed. I've never seen any thorns at Demo (other than a few thorn bushes on the road up before the top of Ridge, but those are the type you have to run over the bush itself to get punctures).

Do you know what type of thorn they were? Hopefully not goatheads!

goatheads = puncturevine, here's one thread on it: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...t=puncturevine

nocturnal oblivion
    They weren't goatheads, rather looked exactly like a sharks tooth. Rode today without problem, and like you say I too had never gotten a thorn at Demo (it's also my backyard). Then three in one day.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Shark's tooth shape? Hmm, sounds like it could be dried blackberry bushes, those thorns are kind of shark's tooth shaped, and you could get three from riding over a single branch. Cut dried branches are pretty common in some places, but not there - maybe fell out of a yard-trimming truck or something...

Members who have read this thread: 0