the things we get to see...- Mtbr.com
    mikeb

the things we get to see...

missile test over the pacific ocean? aliens? phantom battleships on fire?

i got some shots of whatever the hell this is during my ride today...this is from the coastal fire road facing west (of course) and looking out over the ocean...

oh yeah, i got to ride down into that fog...visibility was the *****s...being a prescription glasses wearer whose eyes don't like contact lenses does not help, either!

however, tonight was very warm and surreal...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the things we get to see...-img_20111011_184516.jpg  

the things we get to see...-img_20111011_184529.jpg  

Last edited by mikeb; 10-11-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Weird huh?
    Great pictures. Most likely (boring warning) aircraft contrails. Airplane either coming or going towards your reference of view.

Cheers!!

El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle • 7 points •1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle View Post
    Most likely (boring warning) aircraft contrails.
    Yep. They don't look like anything other than regular contrails at an odd angle (and an opportune time of the sunset) to me.
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.

mtbr member
    Actually if anyone had done some serious research on the internet you would know the two left blazes are actually primitive smoke signals from floating craft in nearby galaxies. It actually takes about a million years to travel close enough to our galaxy for our sun to highlight the blazes.

It's also known by a select few, that those life forms existing in distant galaxies actually ride futuristic (to our lowly human minds actually) mtb's, remnants of which were actually discovered in images sent back from Mars rovers in areas very similar in geography to our own MOAB, which explains certain UFO sightings in that area from time-to-time... they actually visit here when they wish to ride so-called "primitive" mountain biking.

And if you actually think I made any of this up..........

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    I see Bigfoot in that first picture.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    When I was living in SLO, I got to see a rocket launched from Vandenberg, pop up through the fog. Looked up a little bit like the first picture.

mikeb
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle View Post
    Great pictures. Most likely (boring warning) aircraft contrails. Airplane either coming or going towards your reference of view.

Cheers!!
    um...the plumes are rising straight up from the pacific ocean...the fog kind of makes it difficult to tell in the photos...you had to be there...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    um...the plumes are rising straight up from the pacific ocean...the fog kind of makes it difficult to tell in the photos...you had to be there...
    Horizontal contrails have an uncanny knack for appearing completely vertical when your line of view is exactly aligned with their direction and you're looking at them from below. Basic rule of perspective...
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.

mikeb
    Quote Originally Posted by the.vault View Post
    When I was living in SLO, I got to see a rocket launched from Vandenberg, pop up through the fog. Looked up a little bit like the first picture.
    i've seen launches from vandenberg here in san francisco at night. it's a weird, awesome spectacle--like somebody is waving a neon green flashlight trailing smoke across the sky...