mtbr member

That's close to home (grown)...rode there Tuesday

Two pot farms raided in the hills above Los Gatos - San Jose Mercury News

Two pot farms raided in the hills above Los Gatos

By Judy Peterson

[email protected]
    Posted: 10/03/2011 07:30:54 PM PDT
    Updated: 10/05/2011 09:17:22 PM PDT

Two pot farms were raided in the hills above town in recent weeks, yielding nearly 25,000 mature marijuana plants valued at about $2,000 each.

The most recent raid was Sept. 27 off Montevina Road in unincorporated Los Gatos. Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies and CAMP agents hiked about a mile into the woods to find the pot farm.

CAMP is the acronym for Campaign Against Marijuana Planting, which is a state-run organization comprised of multiple law enforcement agencies.

"They didn't find any suspects or weapons," sheriff's spokesman Jose Cardoza said, "but they did see signs of an abandoned campsite." That raid netted 4,485 marijuana plants.

Cardoza said another campsite that was eradicated a week before the Montevina raid netted about 20,000 plants.

"It's toward the end of the marijuana season," he said, "so all of the plants are nearing maturity and ready to be harvested."

mtbr member
    Did you find yourself feeling pretty hungry at the end of the ride? You got to believe that there are a ton near Kennedy too. Not sure I would like to find one unless I had an AR-15 strapped to me or a huge Mt Lion knife.
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Almost made it to harvest...

Ten years ago 20,000 plants would have been a huge deal. Now it's like, "oh yeah we found 20,000 plants a couple weeks ago". The weed "industry" has gotten way out of hand.

Clever Title
    Nov 2009
    I'm having a real hard time picturing 20,000 plants being successfully hidden all summer anywhere near Los Gatos.

Ten years ago 20,000 plants would have been a huge deal. Now it's like, "oh yeah we found 20,000 plants a couple weeks ago". The weed "industry" has gotten way out of hand.

I'd say the war on drugs "industry" has gotten way out of hand.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterMustard View Post
    I'm having a real hard time picturing 20,000 plants being successfully hidden all summer anywhere near Los Gatos.

I'd say the war on drugs "industry" has gotten way out of hand.

mtbr member
    This is the last year for CAMP. I read somewhere that as of 2012 their funding is no more.

Should be good for consumers when the market is flooded next season!

mtbr member
    Well with the Obama administration cracking down on medical marijuana, there already sending letters to landlords in California saying there going to confiscate there property if the do not kick out there tenets (medical marijuana dispensaries) it's a Big win for the Cartels who are responsible for most of these fields, so expect more popping up.

» Obama Admin Launches Medical Marijuana Crackdown - Big Government

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    I used to be a supporter of medical marijuana. But it's blatantly obvious that the current system in CA is being completely abused for recreational use. That's a bummer because I think this will delay national adoption of its valid medical use.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fgiraffe View Post
    I used to be a supporter of medical marijuana. But it's blatantly obvious that the current system in CA is being completely abused for recreational use. That's a bummer because I think this will delay national adoption of its valid medical use.
    This.

The whole "medicinal marijuana" thing is a joke and there is huge greed coming from every angle.

Just legalize it already.

Weird huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Did you find yourself feeling pretty hungry at the end of the ride? You got to believe that there are a ton near Kennedy too. Not sure I would like to find one unless I had an AR-15 strapped to me or a huge Mt Lion knife.
    Ping! This!
    Green chicklet o'love for you

El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle • 7 points •1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

mtbr member
    Certainly makes covert trail building more risky...though potentially rewarding.

roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by ARider View Post
    This is the last year for CAMP. I read somewhere that as of 2012 their funding is no more.
    why don't they just sell all that pot?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Certainly makes covert trail building more risky...though potentially rewarding.
    With a bullet in your gut? Those guys guarding the big crops don't play games.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I was at Mckenzie River when there was a raid. That was interesting. Friend of mine is a botanist for the forest service up there and she's run into a lot of odd things. If going into areas for the first time, they are often accompanied by an 'armed guard' and they all carry Mt. Lion knives.

Pot growers don't mess around.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Stupid motherfXcking feds impeding on things we voted for more than 15 years ago. Not like we voted on legalizing pedophilia or something, for christ sake, this stuff is 100% natural. Let the Birkenstockers have their bong fun already.
    Don’t frail and blow if you’re going to Braille and Flow.