Thank you Trail Head Cyclery!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Thank you Trail Head Cyclery!

Trail head Cyclery, it was a great demo event at Santa Teresa today. For once, the line at Yeti is actually not crazy long. And all sizes of Yeti include size small was easy to get a hold of today. Add to that, the new G form knee pads were up for demo today. They lived up to the hype of disappearing underneath me like knee warmers. Its good to get to try different sizes before buying.

Despite this, I was a bit bumped when I realized I dropped my phone. Big thank you to the person that picked it up and kept it at the Trail Head Cyclery tent. These days loosing a phone is like loosing a wallet. Good karma will come your way my friend.

So glad to have came out for the event. Btw, the taco and the snacks....Top notch! The event live up to the name and is a steal for just $40 bucks (including lunch, unlimited bike demo, and a free water bottle)

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Agreed....it was a fun day put on by great people!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Yes, thank you guys!

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Thank you Trail Head and Santa Clara County Parks.

Truly amazing that we can have this kind of event and energy in the Bay Area. Lars is a dynamic force of nature that is able to bring the mtb community together.
    IPA will save America

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Loose?
    Don’t frail and blow if you’re going to Braille and Flow.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    That was a blast! Visited my boys yesterday morning, and rode over to the demo with my lil dude (big kid was horrendously behind on turning in homework, so he was doing homework) on our bikes. We’d discussed going up and down Rocky Ridge before, but both kids were apprehensive. So we had a Levo e-bike for him to try out, and a Stumpjumper for me to try out. Lil dude was not only able to mostly keep up with me on Rocky Ridge, on the upper section he blew past me; I was huffing and puffing getting to the top. We agreed to descend Rocky Ridge (where he had no chance of catching me), and I was really impressed with his riding technique as he only did a few dabs. Naturally we attacked Stile Ranch from the backside down to the Fortini side, and he tore it up!

Back to the demo area, we had tacos (and I had a few beers) and we shot the sh¡t with a bunch of people I know from racing and from Trail Head. Turned in the bikes and rode back on our normal bikes. I think I got food poisoning from the carne asada tacos though, as I was puking all last night and diarrhea spurts through the night and into the morning (anyone else get food poisoning?).

All in all (minus the food poisoning) it was a great day. Next time my lil dude wants to try out a Stumpjumper without an electric motor on it, now that his confidence on Rocky Ridge is somewhat established. Thanks to all the volunteers and the Trail Head crew!

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Update: this morning my lil dude’s mother called to inform me that he also has food poisoning from the otherwise delicious carne asada tacos.