Thank you BTCEB!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    dcubed
    Reputation: desmo13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,080

    Thank you BTCEB!

    Very cool ride, met new people today and found a new place to ride.

    Thank you for reaching out and increasing the joy from MTB'ing.

    Some photos. I didnt take much, was having too much fun riding.






  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockymtnrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    291

    It was fun

    Yes, Thanks...I had a great time. It was a fun ride. Nice place and very nice group of people. What a wonderful way to spend three hours.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    53
    does anyone have gps data for this ride? please post, thanks

  4. #4

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    136

    I went on the other ride

    Quote Originally Posted by desmo13
    Very cool ride, met new people today and found a new place to ride.

    Thank you for reaching out and increasing the joy from MTB'ing.

    Some photos. I didnt take much, was having too much fun riding.





    I went on the EBTC ride to oyster point, great single track

  5. #5
    dcubed
    Reputation: desmo13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by dang1
    does anyone have gps data for this ride? please post, thanks
    No GPS, just cateye. 11.87 miles. 1 hour, 39 min, avg 7 mph. just cruising along. I my best estimate of footies, I would say just shy under 1000' elevation gain.

  6. #6
    It's about showing up.
    Reputation: Berkeley Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,737

    I hooked up with BTCEB 10 years ago

    and it introduced me to a lot of great people and fun places to ride. And I pass that on.

  7. #7
    Birthday Collector
    Reputation: ATBScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,604
    Not sure exactly what route you guys did - but if you start at the school at the end of Marshall Dr, and climb up to Borges Ranch Rd, then cut over to the bottom of Wall Point and down the canyon towards Castle Rock Park, climb back up to Borges Ranch Rd and then down to the school is about 11 miles with ~1600 ft of climbing... Always fun, and if you want it to hurt a bit, climb up Wall Point!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Passenger13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by Biopacebob
    I went on the EBTC ride to oyster point, great single track
    How was the trial? I did it last year and the trail was very overgrown and lots of poison oak. It was a tough climb back out to Curry Point as I remember.
    "Time won't leave me as I am "

  9. #9
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,701
    Well, certainly excellent news! I am glad that both rides were enjoyed. This is exactly why we organize them every year.

    Don't forget to support the organizations that brought you these rides, Save Mount Diablo and Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay.

    SMD is dedicated to saving the land around Mt. Diablo from development and BTCEB is dedicated to making the mountain bike experience in the East Bay a premium one!

    Next weekend, 2 more rides - check the schedule!
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  10. #10
    dcubed
    Reputation: desmo13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by ATBScott
    Not sure exactly what route you guys did - but if you start at the school at the end of Marshall Dr, and climb up to Borges Ranch Rd, then cut over to the bottom of Wall Point and down the canyon towards Castle Rock Park, climb back up to Borges Ranch Rd and then down to the school is about 11 miles with ~1600 ft of climbing... Always fun, and if you want it to hurt a bit, climb up Wall Point!

    We left Macedo Ranch, then I think we went down Pine Hollow? Pine something.. then up Borges and down to the school, then back to macedo, but not taking pine something. we went past the rocky ridge, that looks like a reptillian spine.

  11. #11

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    136

    poison oak ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger13
    How was the trial? I did it last year and the trail was very overgrown and lots of poison oak. It was a tough climb back out to Curry Point as I remember.
    Well maintained and fast ! had some berms. What tough climbs ?...I must have spaced out and didn't notice.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Passenger13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    759

    Checking my MD map...

    Quote Originally Posted by Biopacebob
    Well maintained and fast ! had some berms. What tough climbs ?...I must have spaced out and didn't notice.
    I wanted to make sure we were talking about the same trail. We started in Round Valley outside of Brentwood. Round Valley is small, but links to Morgan Territory through Los Vaqueros Resivoir. From there we took the following trails: Miwok to Blue Oak to Volvon to Clyma to Highland Ridge to Jeremiah to Grizzly to Sulphur Springs which put us at Riggs Canyon where we climbed up Oyster point single track to Black Hawk Road to Knobcone Road to Curry Point. From there we went up the Southgate Road to BBQ Terrace and down to Little Pine Creek Road to Northgate Road and took the Contra Costa Canal trail to Cowel Road in Concord. It was 40 mi. and it was warm that day, so maybe that is why I remember that ride as being so rough, but I could have sworn that the ride out of Riggs Canyon up Oyster Point to Curry Point being an ass kicker. I'm glad the trail is in good condition, maybe I'll try it again because I swore at that time I would not ride that section of poison oak infested trail ever again.
    "Time won't leave me as I am "

  13. #13
    VTT
    VTT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    Well, certainly excellent news! I am glad that both rides were enjoyed. This is exactly why we organize them every year.

    Don't forget to support the organizations that brought you these rides, Save Mount Diablo and Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay.

    SMD is dedicated to saving the land around Mt. Diablo from development and BTCEB is dedicated to making the mountain bike experience in the East Bay a premium one!

    Next weekend, 2 more rides - check the schedule!
    One of them will be in Black Diamond Mines, starting at the trailhead in Clayton. There is plenty of parking off Peacock just a street over the limited parking at the trailhead, across from the entrance to the Country Club. The ride starts at 10:00 for over 18 miles and about 3800 feet of climbing. My pace isn't fast and we will wait for each other at the top of the climbs and the intersections. Only fireroads, no technical difficulties and long hills to climb... but fast downhill
    Hope to see some of you there...

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Passenger13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    759

    Upset What is your route going to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by VTT
    One of them will be in Black Diamond Mines, starting at the trailhead in Clayton. There is plenty of parking off Peacock just a street over the limited parking at the trailhead, across from the entrance to the Country Club. The ride starts at 10:00 for over 18 miles and about 3800 feet of climbing. My pace isn't fast and we will wait for each other at the top of the climbs and the intersections. Only fireroads, no technical difficulties and long hills to climb... but fast downhill
    Hope to see some of you there...
    BDM is my stompin' grounds and I could make a suggestion on your route (you probably don't need it, but I'm currious as to where you are going). I am bummed to miss it, as I am away this weekend
    "Time won't leave me as I am "

  15. #15

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    136

    you went on a harder ride, so you got more tired

    [, but I could have sworn that the ride out of Riggs Canyon up Oyster Point to Curry Point being an ass kicker. I'm glad the trail is in good condition, maybe I'll try it again because I swore at that time I would not ride that section of poison oak infested trail ever again.[/QUOTE]

    I had to look at my map as I don't know the area,(thank heavens for group rides !), ...but we didn't go anywhere near Curry point ! We went west to east on Oyster point trail. That seems to be the way to ride that trail.

  16. #16
    VTT
    VTT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger13
    BDM is my stompin' grounds and I could make a suggestion on your route (you probably don't need it, but I'm currious as to where you are going). I am bummed to miss it, as I am away this weekend
    Clayton trailhead up to the entrance, up to the road and take a right, then left on BDM trail, down past the cemetery. Almost at the parking lot take a right on Stewartville then follow the ridge trail to the junction with the Stewartville trail, back in the valley, up "the Wall", then another loop not on my map (legal for bikes), up past the cemetery, follow Nortonville back to the entrance and back to Clayton. I ride slow and it takes me about 2 1/2 hours to complete the 18-19 miles with 3800 feet of gain.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by VTT
    Clayton trailhead up to the entrance, up to the road and take a right, then left on BDM trail, down past the cemetery. Almost at the parking lot take a right on Stewartville then follow the ridge trail to the junction with the Stewartville trail, back in the valley, up "the Wall", then another loop not on my map (legal for bikes), up past the cemetery, follow Nortonville back to the entrance and back to Clayton. I ride slow and it takes me about 2 1/2 hours to complete the 18-19 miles with 3800 feet of gain.
    alain, will i slow you guys down if i show up for this ride?

  18. #18
    VTT
    VTT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by cohenfive
    alain, will i slow you guys down if i show up for this ride?
    Of course not... So far it's just both of us. BDM looks a little like Briones with bigger hills. There is a 40 mn climb to start the ride (but fast DH on the way back) and another tough climb (nicknamed "the wall") about 2/3 in the ride.
    See you there

  19. #19
    dcubed
    Reputation: desmo13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    The Wall is not so tough...



    when you walk it

  20. #20
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    12,248

    Hey D'ngr

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    Next weekend, 2 more rides - check the schedule!
    Looks like I might be starting a job over in Pinole in a month or 2, maybe I should venture over across the bay early and join up with the pack as a stray

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Passenger13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    759

    Looks like a nice ride...

    Quote Originally Posted by VTT
    Clayton trailhead up to the entrance, up to the road and take a right, then left on BDM trail, down past the cemetery. Almost at the parking lot take a right on Stewartville then follow the ridge trail to the junction with the Stewartville trail, back in the valley, up "the Wall", then another loop not on my map (legal for bikes), up past the cemetery, follow Nortonville back to the entrance and back to Clayton. I ride slow and it takes me about 2 1/2 hours to complete the 18-19 miles with 3800 feet of gain.
    It shouldn't be hot out there as well. I was going to suggest a detour off of The Ridge Trail to (L) on AcornTrail to (R) North Portal (watch the big rut near the end of the second downhil stay to the right to reconnect with The Ridge Trail and go left down to Stewartville Trail to The Wall. Or, after you climb up Stewartville (from the parking lot of BDM) turn right off of Ridge to Corcoran Mine Trail (take it slow down the rocky secton) and then right on Stewatville Trail to The Wall. I wish I could make it, have fun. p.s. watch out on the downhill past the cemetary on the way home to Clayton, lots of crashes on the off camber fast DH.
    "Time won't leave me as I am "

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.