Tahoe Sierra 100/50 this Saturday!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Tahoe Sierra 100/50 this Saturday!

Registration closes Sept 8th.

You can register here....http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=9905

Come and join 250 of the fastest 50 & 100 mile Endurance MTB racers form 16 states and four countries for an endurance battle in the high Sierra Mountains.

There will be plenty of fully stocked aid stations along the way...Free Santa Cruz Ale Works beer and hot showers at the finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    :p

mtbr member
    Done! Looking forward to my first 100 mile race
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

mtbr member
    I rode the upper half of the course yesterday.
    Redstar Ridge is in much better condition than two weeks ago. Jimmy has been hard at work and that section is very fun to ride now.
    Two weeks ago it was 75% hike/25% bike.
    Now its 90% bike/10% hike.
    I cut off almost 90 minutes going through that section over my last trip.

Critters-
    A lot of deer hoof prints, but no deer sightings. One bow hunter looking for Bambi.
    One REALLY big snake on Redstar Ridge. 4-5ft long and as big around as my arm. No rattle though.
    Big bear paw prints on Redstar. Also a huge pile of bear droppings. That was a big bear.
    One small bear at the N. American River Bridge on the return leg.

I was the biggest animal out on the trail yesterday. I did exactly the same ride as two weeks ago and cut out over two hours on my last time. FS bike, gnarly tires, very few stops - all paid off.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Bump..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Excellent report...Great work Jimmy!

[QUOTE=Brewtality]I rode the upper half of the course yesterday.
    Redstar Ridge is in much better condition than two weeks ago. Jimmy has been hard at work and that section is very fun to ride now.
    Two weeks ago it was 75% hike/25% bike.
    Now its 90% bike/10% hike.
    I cut off almost 90 minutes going through that section over my last trip.

I think it's just your improved fitness over the last two weeks!

And hey all, besideds the obvious THANK YOU to Jim for putting alot of time and effort into creating this event and making it grow....make sure you give a big thanks to each of the Aid Station volunteers helping this event happen....and a special thanks to folks like Lisa Kodl, Sean and Mary Allen, and especially Kathy Northey...who is married to this tireless joker!
    Happy new year..Stuff $: Eno 29wheel (non disc), Yakima, 2 steelheads, with towers for Volvo luggage rails.

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality
    .... I did exactly the same ride as two weeks ago and cut out over two hours on my last time. FS bike, gnarly tires, very few stops - all paid off.

And you didn't have zon slowing you down.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

mtbr member

yes

after cannibalizing my wife's Orbea for a fork and lots of nail biting on other shipment delivery dates, I'm up and running with my new IF ss. Nothing like a 100 miler race for a build shakedown Can't wait. Weather forecast looks HORRIBLE (anti jinx).

bicycle rider
    I just swapped out the Racing Ralphs for a 29x2.1 WTB Prowler front and a 29x2.1 WTB Nanoraptor rear, tubeless on Edge rims. The Racing Ralphs were a huge pain to set up, the WTBs were inflated and ready to ride in 15 minutes. Decided to run the lightweight 29er hardtail with meatier tires. Hope it works well.

Morgan

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hey I'm going to pedal for an hour or two on Friday

in the canyon if you're interested...can give that spanky new IF one last shakedown before the next a.m.

And don't feel bad about the build....right now I'm feeling like my Reba is on life support.

PS, the clouds have really backed up toward the TS course...so I'm guessing there's some rain going on up there today....which in all reality...is awesome for us on Saturday!
    Happy new year..Stuff $: Eno 29wheel (non disc), Yakima, 2 steelheads, with towers for Volvo luggage rails.

mtbr member

Yes on the rain !!

You bet Roger. It rained on and off all day up there.I had to turn away 28 racers today as they miss the reg cut-off. 4 of which were Pro's. Up to 260 racers. I am very happy with that number.
    Roger I really hope your shock holds up!! Tracy and I will be up in the high country marking the course all day. Should I put a few ridged forks at the aid stations for you?.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks Jim...but I'll be okay...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    You bet Roger. It rained on and off all day up there.I had to turn away 28 racers today as they miss the reg cut-off. 4 of which were Pro's. Up to 260 racers. I am very happy with that number.
    Roger I really hope your shock holds up!! Tracy and I will be up in the high country marking the course all day. Should I put a few ridged forks at the aid stations for you?.

the air chambers are holding air just fine it's the damper I'm worried about but if it goes no big deal..it's still very rideable but just not quite as comfy. I'll be doing an all points bulletin if the REBA bites the dust on my test ride on Friday.

Glad about the rain...bummed for the riders that missed the cut...but the rules is the rules.

See you Saturday.

I'll be checking in tomorrow at ABW.

mtbr member
    Jim - great news on the rain and hitting your max headcount! Weather is looking purrrrfect for saturday I may even gasp wear some armwarmers in the am if I can find mine.

Rog- thanks for the invite Friday, highly unlikely I will be able to join, stacked with work. Will prob go out that night for a very light spinny. Good luck with your fork, I'm sure it will hold. Just in case I think I'm going to double lock my garage Say hi to my wife if you see her reg'ing at ABW today for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    You bet Roger. It rained on and off all day up there.I had to turn away 28 racers today as they miss the reg cut-off..
    Wow! I am lucky I got in, I signed up on Monday
    Cant wait to do my first 100
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Rider Down

I don't know any details yet....
    I got a VM from zon this afternoon saying he won't be racing. He was being prepped for surgery on his elbow and will be off the bike for several weeks.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality
    I don't know any details yet....
    I got a VM from zon this afternoon saying he won't be racing. He was being prepped for surgery on his elbow and will be off the bike for several weeks.
    Best of luck in recovery Zon.

Members who have read this thread: 0