Tahoe rides recently?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Tahoe rides recently?

I was thinking of heading up next weekend. I was wondering if anyone has ridden Toads or TRT/Flume recently and I was wondering how the trails were. I went up to Bear Valley last week and it was pretty much hike-a-bike from all the downed trees and snow run-off on some of the higher trails near Alpine. But I'm sure in a few more weeks they should be good to go.

mtbr dismember

Best source

See: http://www.theflumetrail.com
    I believe the Flume Trail is open and it says on that website: "Mt. Rose shuttle possibly June 18." So that would indicate the TRT will probably not be open next weekend, at least from Mt. Rose.

Why not join the TROGS and do the Cannell Trail and Plunge on the 12th? See: http://trogspace.com/plunge/plunge.htm

Hill crawler

Northstar

Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    See: http://www.theflumetrail.com
    I believe the Flume Trail is open and it says on that website: "Mt. Rose shuttle possibly June 18." So that would indicate the TRT will probably not be open next weekend, at least from Mt. Rose.

Why not join the TROGS and do the Cannell Trail and Plunge on the 12th? See: http://trogspace.com/plunge/plunge.htm
    Northstar plans on starting the lifts on June 11th. And I'm been up there on the 06 behind N* and there's next to no snow around although the road to Watson Lake is closed due to snow. Hole in the Ground is still snowed in so I guess Toads is too.

Coors, the american beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal
    Northstar plans on starting the lifts on June 11th. And I'm been up there on the 06 behind N* and there's next to no snow around although the road to Watson Lake is closed due to snow. Hole in the Ground is still snowed in so I guess Toads is too.
    w00t ... im so calling in sick to work and heading up there the week after.
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal
    Hey there TL - do you have some local inside info? Is that a confirmed opening date? Their website still says 6/18... I just got a new Demo 9 so the sooner I can get up there the better!!

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Scott

Hill crawler

Northstar Opening

Quote Originally Posted by JustScott
    Hey there TL - do you have some local inside info? Is that a confirmed opening date? Their website still says 6/18... I just got a new Demo 9 so the sooner I can get up there the better!!

Scott
    Ah #$%^(@ ! My info was inside info from a neighbor. But they work in a department unrelated to the MTB park. Who knows ! There hasn't been any publicity that I've seen. I'll look at the sign by the river when I'm out and about and post anything definitive from that. But I can tell you that I was at The Village last week and it's a mess. The building that housed the rental/retail store is gone. The whole damn building, including the bar and decks

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by JustScott

Scott
    It's the 18th, but Downieville is open in full force! That would probably be a pretty decent break in ride. There's some event with Wade Simmons going on at N* the weekend of the 12th, but I don't know if it's really open to the public or not. http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87031

mtbr member

Northstar Opening Date

I will be working at Northstar this summer, and they will actually be opening for biking on the 18th of June, not the 11th.

The Uber Carnivore

Village mess

Is N* moving the retail/rental shop back to the new condo building at the foot of the MTB lift?

J_B

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MVRIDER
    It's the 18th, but Downieville is open in full force! That would probably be a pretty decent break in ride. There's some event with Wade Simmons going on at N* the weekend of the 12th, but I don't know if it's really open to the public or not. http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87031

I was at River Rat Bikes in Sacramento this weekend and was told that Wade Simmons would be there this Friday 6/11 from 12pm to 3pm signing autographs.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybshifter
    I was thinking of heading up next weekend. I was wondering if anyone has ridden Toads or TRT/Flume recently and I was wondering how the trails were. I went up to Bear Valley last week and it was pretty much hike-a-bike from all the downed trees and snow run-off on some of the higher trails near Alpine. But I'm sure in a few more weeks they should be good to go.

Did Toads this last Saturday and the TRT(KingsburyGrade to Spooner) on Sunday. Both were in great shape.

Hill crawler

And I just saw someone on Hole in the Ground

Quote Originally Posted by Robski
    Did Toads this last Saturday and the TRT(KingsburyGrade to Spooner) on Sunday. Both were in great shape.
    I went up to Castle Peak today (walking with the dogs). Some guy came by muttering gibberish about snow on the trail. He didn't seem too happy. So it looks like Hole in the Ground is semi-open.

The Uber Carnivore

Hole in the Ground

Although a post-holer might disagree, The Hole wasn't 98% rideable last year until after July 4. This year, it might be two weeks later. Hope I'm wrong. Too much f'in snow.

Hill crawler

Snow's going quicker this year

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Punk
    Although a post-holer might disagree, The Hole wasn't 98% rideable last year until after July 4. This year, it might be two weeks later. Hope I'm wrong. Too much f'in snow.
    My estimate is that we're a couple of weeks ahead of last year with regard to snow melt this year. Having said that it was snowing when I got up this morning

The Uber Carnivore

Global warming

This global warming thing is not meeting my expectations. Maybe I'll go buy an Excursion, and drive it non-stop, just to pump out some more greenhouse gases. Gotta warm things up so I can ride above 5000'.

Hill crawler

Sun's out now

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Punk
    This global warming thing is not meeting my expectations. Maybe I'll go buy an Excursion, and drive it non-stop, just to pump out some more greenhouse gases. Gotta warm things up so I can ride above 5000'.
    To continue the real-time weather observations the sun is now out to assist you in your efforts to adjust climatic conditions to allow for a longer mountain bike season at higher elevations. But now rain is expected within a couple of hours

mtbr member

Htig

We rode HTIG a couple years back on the 4th of July…that year had below average snowfall….we still ran into several large snowdrifts down in "the hole" we were almost unable to find trail at one point. Don't let the elevation fool ya….even when the TRT is clear at over 8000ft HTIG can still be unridable at the sections below 7000. I learned my lesson....I don't even consider HTIG until after mid July.
    :p