Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 1275

Thread: Taco envy

  1. #1101
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    When I was in Germany I saw a lot of Raptors, weird!

    Then there's this $350k beast......

    Hennessey Ford VelociRaptor 6√ó6 | Hennessey Performance
    Wooderson: Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some ****in' muscle

  2. #1102
    Nobody
    Reputation: Shamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    320
    Purchased my Tacoma new in 2006. There is a reason these trucks are so popular. I have beaten the crap out of it for 250,000 miles and the only failure has been an alternator earlier this year. Seems pretty fair to me! This is my 2nd vehicle as I bought a new STI this year, but no way I'm getting rid of the Taco. I'd say about 2-3 times per year, someone puts a note on my windshield offering to buy it.

    I've had this Kuat ENVE on it for about 5-6 years and have been replacing broken parts on it for the last 3 years. Thinking about just getting a pad as the Kuat can only carry 1 bike now and I'm not putting anymore money into it.

    Taco envy-img_2269.jpgTaco envy-img_2270.jpg
    Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...

  3. #1103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamis View Post
    Purchased my Tacoma new in 2006. There is a reason these trucks are so popular. I have beaten the crap out of it for 250,000 miles and the only failure has been an alternator earlier this year. Seems pretty fair to me! This is my 2nd vehicle as I bought a new STI this year, but no way I'm getting rid of the Taco. I'd say about 2-3 times per year, someone puts a note on my windshield offering to buy it.

    I've had this Kuat ENVE on it for about 5-6 years and have been replacing broken parts on it for the last 3 years. Thinking about just getting a pad as the Kuat can only carry 1 bike now and I'm not putting anymore money into it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2269.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	373.8 KB 
ID:	1222787Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2270.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	422.1 KB 
ID:	1222788
    hahha..i just lost (finally) a center cap off my 2006.

    nice truck..i have the carbon copy of yours..mine is the "off road" tho. i hope i hit the quarter million mile marks as uneventfully as you did.

    Kuat doesnt keep sending you free parts? sometimes i feel like i am sponsered by Thule. everytime something breaks, they send me free stuff to fix it with.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

  4. #1104
    Nobody
    Reputation: Shamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomchakabowwow View Post
    hahha..i just lost (finally) a center cap off my 2006.

    nice truck..i have the carbon copy of yours..mine is the "off road" tho. i hope i hit the quarter million mile marks as uneventfully as you did.

    Kuat doesnt keep sending you free parts? sometimes i feel like i am sponsered by Thule. everytime something breaks, they send me free stuff to fix it with.
    Center cap went missing years ago after a tire rotation and I gave up fighting the tire shop about it.

    Kuat sent me a couple tensioning screws and a new pivot section, but they all failed within 6 months. The very first time I went to use the integrated cable locks, they pulled right out of the rack with little effort. I would never trust their supplied locking solution. Maybe they have improved it, but when mine failed in less than a week, I told them I didn't want another. I'm hoping Kuat has fixed all these flaws, but no way I would ever give them anymore money. I think I paid $500 for the rack and I've purchased another $400 worth of broken parts over the years.

    I've thought about getting a 1up, but opted to try a tailgate pad. Just purchased this morning...

    Also, if you keep standard all terrain tires on these Tacomas, they are on of the best snow driving vehicles I've ever driven. This truck has probably made about 100 trips to Kirkwood
    Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...

  5. #1105
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,997
    If you are only driving with one bike, why not just lay it on its side in the bed of the truck. Mine never moves around, more aero for better mpg, and you donít have to worry about your downtube getting worn from rubbing with the pad all the time. Or your pad getting stolen....

  6. #1106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamis View Post
    Center cap went missing years ago after a tire rotation and I gave up fighting the tire shop about it.

    Kuat sent me a couple tensioning screws and a new pivot section, but they all failed within 6 months. The very first time I went to use the integrated cable locks, they pulled right out of the rack with little effort. I would never trust their supplied locking solution. Maybe they have improved it, but when mine failed in less than a week, I told them I didn't want another. I'm hoping Kuat has fixed all these flaws, but no way I would ever give them anymore money. I think I paid $500 for the rack and I've purchased another $400 worth of broken parts over the years.

    I've thought about getting a 1up, but opted to try a tailgate pad. Just purchased this morning...

    Also, if you keep standard all terrain tires on these Tacomas, they are on of the best snow driving vehicles I've ever driven. This truck has probably made about 100 trips to Kirkwood
    agree. i ran all season tires at first, now michelin AT. still very very mild.

    i have taken my truck all over the western states chasing after animals. its done CA to tuscon every year since i got it used in 08. there is a nasty road i drive up to get cell service.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

  7. #1107
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomchakabowwow View Post
    agree. i ran all season tires at first, now michelin AT. still very very mild.

    i have taken my truck all over the western states chasing after animals. its done CA to tuscon every year since i got it used in 08. there is a nasty road i drive up to get cell service.
    I have Michelin AT. I'm ready for gnarlly tires. What brand/size? Have have 2-3 inch lift.
    IPA will save America

  8. #1108
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jibmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,313
    Sorry to hijack this Tacoma thread with my Jeep stuff, but I just
    dropped 5.6K to have a new lift kit installed on my Wrangler.
    $1000 of it was the tires.
    3 inch lift.
    The lift fits my 31 inch tires.

    Gonna put them on the Tacoma soon.
    (Tacoma stock size)

    Pro Comp Extreme MT2

    Taco envy-43688980200_406eb4e8fd_b.jpg

    Taco envy-31633386048_19b639c14d_b.jpg

    Taco envy-45506233731_284d5b2d85_b.jpg

    Taco envy-43688959620_5853760e2d_b.jpg

  9. #1109
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I have Michelin AT. I'm ready for gnarlly tires. What brand/size? Have have 2-3 inch lift.
    For gnar trails drop the Michelin and get with the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W. One tire to rule them all! Michelin only make Mildterrains.



    Good ahhhh?
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...19869/page-189
    Taco envy-qqn5zro.jpg

  10. #1110
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    And can we get a "Like" button for MTBR? Jibmaster's Jeep is rad!

  11. #1111
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    ^^ Falken makes some good tires. Have them on my on QX4 MTB battlewagon.

  12. #1112
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by jibmaster View Post

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43688959620_5853760e2d_b.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	270.1 KB 
ID:	1222879
    5.6 large well spent!

  13. #1113
    mtbr member
    Reputation: inonjoey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    5.6 large well spent!
    People bag on the square headlight Wranglers, but I have a soft spot for them for 2 reasons: 1) my brother had one, and 2) MacGyver had one...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

  14. #1114
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by inonjoey View Post
    People bag on the square headlight Wranglers, but I have a soft spot for them for 2 reasons: 1) my brother had one, and 2) MacGyver had one...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not as cool as Jib's.

    Taco envy-jmg24g.jpg

  15. #1115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I have Michelin AT. I'm ready for gnarlly tires. What brand/size? Have have 2-3 inch lift.
    Based on Tacomaworld beta and my tire guy's recommendation for an AT that does well in snow, went with 265/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs in C-load for my new-to-me '09. No lift (yet). Don't rub on road, guessing they might off road, but I am going to lift it 2-3".

    Taco envy-img_5218.jpg

  16. #1116
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    Based on Tacomaworld beta and my tire guy's recommendation for an AT that does well in snow, went with 265/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs in C-load for my new-to-me '09. No lift (yet). Don't rub on road, guessing they might off road, but I am going to lift it 2-3".

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5218.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	1222917
    Stunning tires! Wheels too.

    Congrats on the new truck. Got a sweet deal or had to pay the taco tax?
    IPA will save America

  17. #1117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40
    Thanks! Taco tax is hard to get away from - but got it with 75K on the clock and no wrecks. Wanted a 2nd gen 4x4/V6/manual. Looked at way too many trucks with 200K+ on them or salvage titles.

  18. #1118
    Nobody
    Reputation: Shamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    If you are only driving with one bike, why not just lay it on its side in the bed of the truck. Mine never moves around, more aero for better mpg, and you donít have to worry about your downtube getting worn from rubbing with the pad all the time. Or your pad getting stolen....
    I've done that from time to time but I struggle to find a stable position. At the moment, I care more about my new bike than my truck. The tailgate pad will be a cheap experiment. I have UHMW tape on my downtube because some of my friends have tailgate pads and my bike spends time on theirs. I plan to fit a closed cell foam pad split and set over the tailgate, under the pad for vibration protection. The UHMW tape will protect the surface of the frame.

    If I hate this solution, I'll get the 1up. I regularly need to transport two bikes and ocassionally 3 so the tailgate pad is the quick cheap fix. Maybe I'll love it.
    Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...

  19. #1119
    Nobody
    Reputation: Shamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    320
    Sorry, I meant to say stick with all season tires if your going to drive in the snow on roads. If your wheeling off road in the snow, go for BFG AT. I've run AT's and MT's of several tire brands over the years and the years are they are clearly not made for driving on snow plowed/covered roads at speed.

    One of the scariest drives of my life was in my 95 Toyota with straight axle conversion, Detroit lockers front and rear, hubs locked, with Mud Terrain Tires on a snow plowed road. Had absolutely no control...
    Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...

  20. #1120
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisbtsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    219
    I didn't like the Goodyear Duratracs when I had them. They got real noisy after about 1000 miles. At about 2500 miles they would no longer balance correctly and they were completely worn out at 25k. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. They did do really well in the snow though. I went with BFG KO2's after the Duratracs and they are leaps and bounds better in all aspects.

  21. #1121
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    I didn't like the Goodyear Duratracs when I had them. They got real noisy after about 1000 miles. At about 2500 miles they would no longer balance correctly and they were completely worn out at 25k. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. They did do really well in the snow though. I went with BFG KO2's after the Duratracs and they are leaps and bounds better in all aspects.
    I also had Duratracs and liked them till about 20k when they started to get pretty loud and by 25k they were plain annoying. They don't offer very good wet traction either which is a big downfall for the KO2 as well. That's why everyone loves the Wildpeak so much. It's way cheaper, MUCH better wet traction and better snow traction AND quieter. The only drawback is someone will occasionally get a bad tire or set of tires but IMO that happens with any brand/model. Modern AT tires are actually quiet capable on road. I'll let you know how the Wildpeaks do here shortly...... Patiently waiting for Brown Santa to show up!

    Fc, get some new meats and let's hit this trail. Power Wagon don't care!

  22. #1122
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamis View Post
    I've done that from time to time but I struggle to find a stable position. At the moment, I care more about my new bike than my truck. The tailgate pad will be a cheap experiment. I have UHMW tape on my downtube because some of my friends have tailgate pads and my bike spends time on theirs. I plan to fit a closed cell foam pad split and set over the tailgate, under the pad for vibration protection. The UHMW tape will protect the surface of the frame.

    If I hate this solution, I'll get the 1up. I regularly need to transport two bikes and ocassionally 3 so the tailgate pad is the quick cheap fix. Maybe I'll love it.
    Tailgate pad..... absolutely the best bike carrying solution on any vehicle. $80, dead stable, easy to mount.
    IPA will save America

  23. #1123
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    I also had Duratracs and liked them till about 20k when they started to get pretty loud and by 25k they were plain annoying. They don't offer very good wet traction either which is a big downfall for the KO2 as well. That's why everyone loves the Wildpeak so much. It's way cheaper, MUCH better wet traction and better snow traction AND quieter. The only drawback is someone will occasionally get a bad tire or set of tires but IMO that happens with any brand/model. Modern AT tires are actually quiet capable on road. I'll let you know how the Wildpeaks do here shortly...... Patiently waiting for Brown Santa to show up!

    Fc, get some new meats and let's hit this trail. Power Wagon don't care!
    Appreciate the input!!

    I need to make it up the Buttes tower of Downieville. Good thing is I don't have a commute now so taco can be more trail optimized.

    Oh, remember to rotate pickup tires. Rear is light, duh, and my front tires were BEAT!.
    IPA will save America

  24. #1124
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Appreciate the input!!

    I need to make it up the Buttes tower of Downieville. Good thing is I don't have a commute now so taco can be more trail optimized.

    Oh, remember to rotate pickup tires. Rear is light, duh, and my front tires were BEAT!.
    Yes! Always rotate on a regular basis.

    For RWD and pickups with non directional tires
    Name:  nondirectional.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  5.6 KB

    https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...our-car-tires/
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret....jsp?techid=43

  25. #1125
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Tempting.


  26. #1126
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Tempting.

    I have 2017 Rebel, great truck. But I may replace it with a Ranger next year, I didnít really need a truck that big.

  27. #1127
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    33,108
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    I didn't like the Goodyear Duratracs when I had them. They got real noisy after about 1000 miles. At about 2500 miles they would no longer balance correctly and they were completely worn out at 25k. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. They did do really well in the snow though. I went with BFG KO2's after the Duratracs and they are leaps and bounds better in all aspects.
    I donít like the sound of that. I was torn between those two tires and went with the Duratracs. Iíll have to look into how many miles so far and definitely getting them rotated again this week. I think it will be the third rotation. They work great in snow though and have been fairly quiet.

    Taco envy-ba31e3d4-80be-4ef8-99c7-32edb875e4dc.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  28. #1128
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Little_twin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    484
    No more trucks for me. Between bikes, dirt bikes, and a growing family that enjoys camping and being outdoors there is only one choice.

    I've had this for a week and I LOVE IT!

    Taco envy-img_7774.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #1129
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_twin View Post
    No more trucks for me. Between bikes, dirt bikes, and a growing family that enjoys camping and being outdoors there is only one choice.

    I've had this for a week and I LOVE IT!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7774.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	1224277


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's pretty nice. Can sleep anywhere unlike the rooftop tent.

    But... it's NOT a Tacoma.
    IPA will save America

  30. #1130
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post

    But... it's NOT a Tacoma.
    I thought envy went both ways!

    Little Twin, check out.....https://faroutride.com

  31. #1131
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Little_twin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    I thought envy went both ways!

    Little Twin, check out.....https://faroutride.com
    A lot of the modifications I have planned are based off their build. I won't be living out of mine long terms so mine will be greatly stripped down in comparison.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #1132
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Spindelatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    996
    Transition Taco?
    Busted xpedo 4 scale
    Dirty bike clean truck?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  33. #1133
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindelatron View Post
    Transition Taco?
    Busted xpedo 4 scale

    [/IMG]

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    finally back on topic!!
    IPA will save America

  34. #1134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    25
    Incredible story of a humble nurse and his taco* in Paradise.

    *EDIT: Sorry, yep, it's a Tundra. News and instagrams said taco. lmk if you want me to delete.

    https://twitter.com/jacknicas/status...62154906742784
    Taco envy-screen-shot-2018-11-12-8.28.07-pm.jpg

  35. #1135
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_sbay View Post
    Incredible story of a humble nurse and his taco* in Paradise.

    *EDIT: Sorry, yep, it's a Tundra. News and instagrams said taco. lmk if you want me to delete.

    https://twitter.com/jacknicas/status...62154906742784
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 8.28.07 PM.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	228.0 KB 
ID:	1224632
    best tundra ever. That guy deserves all the karma and gifts coming his way. Just really hard to fathom what they've been through and what lies ahead.
    IPA will save America

  36. #1136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    best tundra ever. That guy deserves all the karma and gifts coming his way. Just really hard to fathom what they've been through and what lies ahead.
    Toyota USA is giving him a new Tundra. BFG is giving him a new set of tires. The guy is a hero saving people from the hospital while his house, hospital and truck burned down.

  37. #1137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    best tundra ever...
    Yes, it was. :-)

    Taco envy-i-rdbf54h-l.jpg

    Never sold a truck before that got towed to its new home after test drive! New owner in hot pursuit in his bike-racked Prius! Hi Matt! :-)



    Flying to Boise in the morning to drive its replacement home.

    And sorry fc, its not a Taco either. ;-)

    Hey Little_twin, NICE van! I'm about to follow your lead! :-)

    Faroutride is a favorite. Doubtful I will go near that far, put I'm leaning towards lizard skins and a Maxxair to start with. And a couple wheel chocks. :-)

    Catfish ...

  38. #1138
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Just back from Kauai, never seen so many Tacos! Hawaiians love their Tacos.

  39. #1139
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Just back from Kauai, never seen so many Tacos! Hawaiians love their Tacos.
    The majority of the locals seem to drive tacos from every decade.
    IPA will save America

  40. #1140
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Justification for all you single guys to buy a big new truck. According to a 'scientific study' women prefer men in trucks. Tacos should qualify.

    https://www.npr.org/2014/01/30/26885...the-lady-brain

  41. #1141
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Cool video but obviously not a taco
    IPA will save America

  42. #1142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Just back from Kauai, never seen so many Tacos! Hawaiians love their Tacos.
    same in Maui...I was there over the summer...my son and I got tired of saying 'cool Taco'...lol. We designated the Taco as the official vehicle of Maui (locals).

  43. #1143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Justification for all you single guys to buy a big new truck. According to a 'scientific study' women prefer men in trucks. Tacos should qualify.

    https://www.npr.org/2014/01/30/26885...the-lady-brain
    good news for me ;-)

    Taco envy-raptor-bonneville-small.jpg

  44. #1144
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by riderup View Post
    good news for me ;-)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raptor at Bonneville Small.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	1226719
    Raptor with full murder job! You should have not problems at all......

    Taco envy-screen-shot-2018-11-28-12.40.03-pm.jpg

  45. #1145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Raptor with full murder job! You should have not problems at all......

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 12.40.03 PM.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	1226724
    it does look really dark in that pic (it's a medium grey color) but when you're on the salt flats everything else looks dark. (that pic is taken on the Bonneville raceway, btw...if you're even cruising out on 80, it's a must-do...less than 10 minutes off the highway...super cool spot)

  46. #1146
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by riderup View Post
    good news for me ;-)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raptor at Bonneville Small.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	1226719
    I heard the size of one's truck is inversely proportional to one's johnson. That's why i have a midsize.

    I don't what it means for electric ones.
    IPA will save America

  47. #1147
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I heard the size of one's truck is inversely proportional to one's johnson. That's why i have a midsize.

    I don't what it means for electric ones.
    My daily driver is a very small Chevy Volt. Just sayn'

  48. #1148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I heard the size of one's truck is inversely proportional to one's johnson. That's why i have a midsize.

    I don't what it means for electric ones.

    sounds about right...my truck's pretty huge ;-)
    (and, yes, I know what 'inversely' means)

  49. #1149
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    My new ride. Not a Taco but close, a Tahoe.


  50. #1150
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Spindelatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    996
    back on topic:


    photo stolen from Smuggler thread on Transition forum, post by https://forums.mtbr.com/member.php?u=299854

    Transition-x-Taco

  51. #1151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    510

    Taco envy

    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    My new ride. Not a Taco but close, a Tahoe.

    I like what you have done to your driveway. Nice design...

  52. #1152
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    I like what you have done to your driveway. Nice design...
    It's called, Homage to Pine Needles!

  53. #1153
    Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Reputation: chuckha62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    My new ride. Not a Taco but close, a Tahoe.

    Tahoe Envy.
    Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave.

  54. #1154
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    Tahoe Envy.
    I guess we need a new thread. We're off topic on an off topic post!

  55. #1155
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Drove right up to the Xmas tree

    IPA will save America

  56. #1156
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802

  57. #1157
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Not bad. Almost as good as my Traxxas.Taco envy-screen-shot-2018-12-03-6.33.29-pm.jpg
    IPA will save America

  58. #1158
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    You can build your own real life Traxxas.


  59. #1159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by riderup View Post
    sounds about right...my truck's pretty huge ;-)
    (and, yes, I know what 'inversely' means)
    mine might be short, but at least it's narrow!!

    my truck fits some very tight trails.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

  60. #1160
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomchakabowwow View Post
    mine might be short, but at least it's narrow!!

    my truck fits some very tight trails.
    Your truck is always taking the alternate route.

    Did i win??
    IPA will save America

  61. #1161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Your truck is always taking the alternate route.

    Did i win??
    hahahha...topic got kinda dark, no? but very very funny..
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

  62. #1162
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    I hang out with Tacos to increase my cool factor.

    Taco envy-6felfbt.jpg

    Taco envy-wjtzuhy.jpg

    Taco envy-5lqhryo.jpg

  63. #1163
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    I need to order these wheels and tires. 35k miles on them, my buddy says. Quiet on the freeway.Taco envy-img_1004.jpg
    IPA will save America

  64. #1164
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I need to order these wheels and tires. 35k miles on them, my buddy says. Quiet on the freeway.
    The KbrO2's are good tires but expensive! They don't do as well in the rain either but they are pretty quiet, comfortable and offer great off-road and dry pavement traction. I'd chose them over the Duratrac any day. Especially in P-metric where the Duratracs are known to have weak sidewalls.

    But dis is sexy
    Taco envy-aumrx8i.jpg
    Taco envy-ox5ebss.jpg

    Pro tip. Wait until Discount Tire Direct has their eBay sales. Especially if you're buying an expensive tire like the KO2. You can get up to $200 off a set of 4 PLUS free shipping and no tax! America's Tire (under same parent company) will do the install for around $76 OTD. I paid $592 shipped for my P285/70/17 Wildpeak A/T3W.

    Great deals from Discount Tire Direct in Tires- | eBay Stores

  65. #1165
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    33,108
    JC, how often do they have that eBay sale?

    I like the looks of those Falkers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  66. #1166
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post

    Pro tip. Wait until Discount Tire Direct has their eBay sales. Especially if you're buying an expensive tire like the KO2. You can get up to $200 off a set of 4 PLUS free shipping and no tax! America's Tire (under same parent company) will do the install for around $76 OTD. I paid $592 shipped for my P285/70/17 Wildpeak A/T3W.

    Great deals from Discount Tire Direct in Tires- | eBay Stores
    Now this is a useful link!!!! Thanks JC!

  67. #1167
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    JC, how often do they have that eBay sale?

    I like the looks of those Falkers.
    A couple of times a year from what I can see. Other times they do a 15% or 20% discount.

    Here are a couple of useful links from TW.

    "It's Back. Save up to $200"
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...#post-18962000

    "KO2 vs Wildpeak AT3W"
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...k-at3w.511250/

    Duratrac vs. KO2
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...vs-ko2.386904/

    And this ridiculously long thread on the Wildpeak AT3W
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...-a-t3w.419869/

  68. #1168
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    33,108
    Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  69. #1169
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    33,108
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Drove right up to the Xmas tree

    Drove right up to it and killed it.
    Sure beats the old kill and drag method.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  70. #1170
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Drove right up to the Xmas tree

    You're never going to get into Canada now!

  71. #1171
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Drove right up to it and killed it.
    Sure beats the old kill and drag method.
    Doing his part to "rake the forest clean again".

  72. #1172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    18
    Not a Taco but pretty darn close. Here is my 2012 Toyota 4runner SR5 that has a few upgrades Finally reached a setup that can transport up to two bikes safely in severe off road conditions. Perfect for our trips where we do a combo of MTB and 4x4 camping in fun places.





    Verified departure angles pretty well


    The rear bumper setup also allows both bikes to swing away when we camp

  73. #1173
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    ^^^wow!!!

  74. #1174
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    33,108
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    ^^^wow!!!
    Iíd say, amazing.

    I did a double take on the rear tire of the bike in this photo.

    Taco envy-d7d33e12-34f5-487b-979e-c19515dcffd6.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  75. #1175
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Iíd say, amazing.

    I did a double take on the rear tire of the bike in this photo.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7D33E12-34F5-487B-979E-C19515DCFFD6.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	368.7 KB 
ID:	1228645
    Everything about that photo is awesome. The lens flare, the sun flare......the truck, the racks, the bikes.........

  76. #1176
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    33,108
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Everything about that photo is awesome. The lens flare, the sun flare......the truck, the racks, the bikes.........
    Agree, the rear bike tire optical illusion is what I was talking about. A serious fatty.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  77. #1177
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Agree, the rear bike tire optical illusion is what I was talking about. A serious fatty.
    Dang, I missed that one! That is cool. This could be an ad photo for 1UP!

  78. #1178
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerometer View Post
    Not a Taco but pretty darn close. Here is my 2012 Toyota 4runner SR5 that has a few upgrades Finally reached a setup that can transport up to two bikes safely in severe off road conditions. Perfect for our trips where we do a combo of MTB and 4x4 camping in fun places.
    My new hero!!

    Have you met Sean Estes of Specialized? He has a very similar vehicle as yours.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BlHW9YHniC7/


    Taco envy-screen-shot-2018-12-12-11.23.38-am.jpg
    IPA will save America

  79. #1179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerometer View Post
    Not a Taco but pretty darn close. Here is my 2012 Toyota 4runner SR5 that has a few upgrades Finally reached a setup that can transport up to two bikes safely in severe off road conditions. Perfect for our trips where we do a combo of MTB and 4x4 camping in fun places.





    Verified departure angles pretty well


    The rear bumper setup also allows both bikes to swing away when we camp
    Very nice!

  80. #1180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    510

    Taco envy

    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Iíd say, amazing.

    I did a double take on the rear tire of the bike in this photo.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7D33E12-34F5-487B-979E-C19515DCFFD6.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	368.7 KB 
ID:	1228645
    Definitely a nice picture!

  81. #1181
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerometer View Post
    Not a Taco but pretty darn close. Here is my 2012 Toyota 4runner SR5 that has a few upgrades Finally reached a setup that can transport up to two bikes safely in severe off road conditions. Perfect for our trips where we do a combo of MTB and 4x4 camping in fun places.
    I was like hey! I recognize that rig! Then I remembered the "Journey to Moab" post on OB. The photos and recap are awesome.

  82. #1182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,307
    About tires; DO NOT buy Michelinís unless you plan on not buying tires for a very long time. I think I have 80,000 miles on my AT2ís! They are still better than 50%. I want some mud terrains. The COOPER Discovers. But I donít see that happening. My current tires will not die (fast enough)

    95% of my driving is on the street. Even when I am driving to a hunting trip. The tires perform so well off-road. Plain boring all-terrains.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

  83. #1183
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomchakabowwow View Post
    About tires; DO NOT buy Michelinís unless you plan on not buying tires for a very long time. I think I have 80,000 miles on my AT2ís! They are still better than 50%. I want some mud terrains. The COOPER Discovers. But I donít see that happening. My current tires will not die (fast enough)

    95% of my driving is on the street. Even when I am driving to a hunting trip. The tires perform so well off-road. Plain boring all-terrains.
    Nice!! That's what i have!! I'll sell them with the wheels.
    IPA will save America

  84. #1184
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    33,108
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Nice!! That's what i have!! I'll sell them with the wheels.
    Selling dependability, thatís a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  85. #1185
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Selling dependability, thatís a new one.
    i have sold a dependable bike before
    IPA will save America

  86. #1186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    My new hero!!

    Have you met Sean Estes of Specialized? He has a very similar vehicle as yours.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BlHW9YHniC7/


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 11.23.38 AM.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	1228648
    Never met him but great minds think alike! Just added him on insta thanks for giving me the heads up

  87. #1187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    I was like hey! I recognize that rig! Then I remembered the "Journey to Moab" post on OB. The photos and recap are awesome.
    Haha yup that is me! Added you on insta as well. If y'all are into 4x4s and MTBs follow me (@aperture20) as well.

  88. #1188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    18
    I'm pretty happy with my Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They are super quiet on pavement and very grippy on rock and loose dirt vs. KO2s. I even had them in snow when we traversed a backcountry mountain road in Death Valley. The only issue is some minor chunking after man handling the rig up a rocky ledge a few trips back.

  89. #1189
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerometer View Post
    Never met him but great minds think alike! Just added him on insta thanks for giving me the heads up
    Here's his rigTaco envy-img_9377.jpg

    Taco envy-img_9383.jpg

    Taco envy-img_9371.jpg
    IPA will save America

  90. #1190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,514

    Old school

    Taco envy-tacoma.jpg

    Mine is decidedly old school. 1996 with 320K miles, lifted a bit (3") with some improved suspension, but nothing crazy.
    Last edited by Bike Daddy; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:02 AM.

  91. #1191
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    A nice article on Toyota trucks starting with the 1968 Hilux.

    https://www.motortrend.com/news/20-y...toyota-tacoma/

    A modern Hilux conversion. Not sold in the USA.

    Taco envy-2019-toyota-hilux-exterior-wallpaper.jpg


  92. #1192
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    33,108
    Anybody ever replace their ďinnerĒ air filter in a V-6 Tacoma? I again replaced my outer filter and wondered when I should replace the inner. Apparently itís a charcoal filter aimed at emissions. Some remove it and from what Iíve read on Tacoma World but there is no performance gain or gas mileage gain from doing so. I figure why remove it and have to deal with emissions when itís time, I would like to replace it though if itís necessary. Anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  93. #1193
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    How does the 4wd Tacoma perform in the snow?

    Almost made an emergency Tahoe run this morning
    IPA will save America

  94. #1194
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    How does the 4wd Tacoma perform in the snow?

    Almost made an emergency Tahoe run this morning
    Fantastic! With good tires. Your Michelins should do well on roads. If you get off main roads and in deeper snow then something with deeper lugs and a "3 peak Severe Snow" rating will work much better. Just remember, 4wd does NOT help you slow down. That's why good tires are important.

  95. #1195
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Fantastic! With good tires. Your Michelins should do well on roads. If you get off main roads and in deeper snow then something with deeper lugs and a "3 peak Severe Snow" rating will work much better. Just remember, 4wd does NOT help you slow down. That's why good tires are important.
    Define 'fantastic'.

    I was under the impression that these pickup trucks are bad in slippy surfaces since their rwd and not much weight on the rear.

    4wd work but one can't really turn. So it's only good for really loose. So all those wet, slippery situations have to be done in 2wd?
    IPA will save America

  96. #1196
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    33,108
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Define 'fantastic'.

    I was under the impression that these pickup trucks are bad in slippy surfaces since their rwd and not much weight on the rear.

    4wd work but one can't really turn. So it's only good for really loose. So all those wet, slippery situations have to be done in 2wd?
    I live in Colorado, moved back from SoCal. Best decision I made when I bought my Taco in Ca.
    was opting for 4WD. Some good tires will get you thorough most situations and when thereís snow on the road put it in 4 High and you should be fine. Most of the 2WD trucks around here run sand bags in the bed above the axle. They even make sand bags now that are long and meant for this purpose. Wouldnít hurt to have some even with a 4WD truck. Iíve been back to Co. for 6 years now and havenít felt the need for them. By the way the stock tires suck in the snow. A good all terrain will make all the difference. I see most in this thread have done that.

    Made for truck beds. Probably best not to have them shipped.

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/70LB-Sakr...IaAmhkEALw_wcB

    Taco envy-6c300933-3f66-43ee-a72c-2b25d74ad415.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  97. #1197
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    ^^ How about these bricks!

    Taco envy-screen-shot-2018-12-17-11.01.17-pm.jpg

  98. #1198
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    33,108
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    ^^ How about these bricks!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 11.01.17 PM.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	1229559
    They are Supreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  99. #1199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,307
    I drive mine up in the snow often. Itís fine.

    4wd doesnít improve braking. Drive meticulously and it all works out.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

  100. #1200
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Define 'fantastic'.

    I was under the impression that these pickup trucks are bad in slippy surfaces since their rwd and not much weight on the rear.

    4wd work but one can't really turn. So it's only good for really loose. So all those wet, slippery situations have to be done in 2wd?
    Does your Taco have a locking differential(s)?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tubeless Envy
    By campykid in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 06:46 PM
  2. Enduro envy (racing)
    By ajcsk8r in forum Specialized
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 05:35 PM
  3. Experiencing Rune Envy
    By Haus Boss in forum Banshee Bikes
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 07:48 AM
  4. Green with envy
    By sachase in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 03:16 PM
  5. Envy EXO Chainrings Anyone??
    By sc_slite in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 12:54 PM

Members who have read this thread: 332

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.