Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 1,101 to 1,136 of 1136

Thread: Taco envy

Captain One Lung Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    When I was in Germany I saw a lot of Raptors, weird!

Then there's this $350k beast......

Hennessey Ford VelociRaptor 6√ó6 | Hennessey Performance
    Wooderson: Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some ****in' muscle

Nobody
    Purchased my Tacoma new in 2006. There is a reason these trucks are so popular. I have beaten the crap out of it for 250,000 miles and the only failure has been an alternator earlier this year. Seems pretty fair to me! This is my 2nd vehicle as I bought a new STI this year, but no way I'm getting rid of the Taco. I'd say about 2-3 times per year, someone puts a note on my windshield offering to buy it.

I've had this Kuat ENVE on it for about 5-6 years and have been replacing broken parts on it for the last 3 years. Thinking about just getting a pad as the Kuat can only carry 1 bike now and I'm not putting anymore money into it.

Taco envy-img_2269.jpgTaco envy-img_2270.jpg
    Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamis View Post
    Purchased my Tacoma new in 2006. There is a reason these trucks are so popular. I have beaten the crap out of it for 250,000 miles and the only failure has been an alternator earlier this year. Seems pretty fair to me! This is my 2nd vehicle as I bought a new STI this year, but no way I'm getting rid of the Taco. I'd say about 2-3 times per year, someone puts a note on my windshield offering to buy it.

I've had this Kuat ENVE on it for about 5-6 years and have been replacing broken parts on it for the last 3 years. Thinking about just getting a pad as the Kuat can only carry 1 bike now and I'm not putting anymore money into it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2269.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	373.8 KB 
ID:	1222787Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2270.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	422.1 KB 
ID:	1222788
    hahha..i just lost (finally) a center cap off my 2006.

nice truck..i have the carbon copy of yours..mine is the "off road" tho. i hope i hit the quarter million mile marks as uneventfully as you did.

Kuat doesnt keep sending you free parts? sometimes i feel like i am sponsered by Thule. everytime something breaks, they send me free stuff to fix it with.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

Nobody
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomchakabowwow View Post
    hahha..i just lost (finally) a center cap off my 2006.

nice truck..i have the carbon copy of yours..mine is the "off road" tho. i hope i hit the quarter million mile marks as uneventfully as you did.

Kuat doesnt keep sending you free parts? sometimes i feel like i am sponsered by Thule. everytime something breaks, they send me free stuff to fix it with.
    Center cap went missing years ago after a tire rotation and I gave up fighting the tire shop about it.

Kuat sent me a couple tensioning screws and a new pivot section, but they all failed within 6 months. The very first time I went to use the integrated cable locks, they pulled right out of the rack with little effort. I would never trust their supplied locking solution. Maybe they have improved it, but when mine failed in less than a week, I told them I didn't want another. I'm hoping Kuat has fixed all these flaws, but no way I would ever give them anymore money. I think I paid $500 for the rack and I've purchased another $400 worth of broken parts over the years.

I've thought about getting a 1up, but opted to try a tailgate pad. Just purchased this morning...

Also, if you keep standard all terrain tires on these Tacomas, they are on of the best snow driving vehicles I've ever driven. This truck has probably made about 100 trips to Kirkwood

mtbr member
    If you are only driving with one bike, why not just lay it on its side in the bed of the truck. Mine never moves around, more aero for better mpg, and you donít have to worry about your downtube getting worn from rubbing with the pad all the time. Or your pad getting stolen....

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Center cap went missing years ago after a tire rotation and I gave up fighting the tire shop about it.

Kuat sent me a couple tensioning screws and a new pivot section, but they all failed within 6 months. The very first time I went to use the integrated cable locks, they pulled right out of the rack with little effort. I would never trust their supplied locking solution. Maybe they have improved it, but when mine failed in less than a week, I told them I didn't want another. I'm hoping Kuat has fixed all these flaws, but no way I would ever give them anymore money. I think I paid $500 for the rack and I've purchased another $400 worth of broken parts over the years.

I've thought about getting a 1up, but opted to try a tailgate pad. Just purchased this morning...

Also, if you keep standard all terrain tires on these Tacomas, they are on of the best snow driving vehicles I've ever driven. This truck has probably made about 100 trips to Kirkwood
    agree. i ran all season tires at first, now michelin AT. still very very mild.

i have taken my truck all over the western states chasing after animals. its done CA to tuscon every year since i got it used in 08. there is a nasty road i drive up to get cell service.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomchakabowwow View Post
    agree. i ran all season tires at first, now michelin AT. still very very mild.

i have taken my truck all over the western states chasing after animals. its done CA to tuscon every year since i got it used in 08. there is a nasty road i drive up to get cell service.
    I have Michelin AT. I'm ready for gnarlly tires. What brand/size? Have have 2-3 inch lift.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Sorry to hijack this Tacoma thread with my Jeep stuff, but I just
    dropped 5.6K to have a new lift kit installed on my Wrangler.
    $1000 of it was the tires.
    3 inch lift.
    The lift fits my 31 inch tires.

Gonna put them on the Tacoma soon.
    (Tacoma stock size)

Pro Comp Extreme MT2

Taco envy-43688980200_406eb4e8fd_b.jpg

Taco envy-31633386048_19b639c14d_b.jpg

Taco envy-45506233731_284d5b2d85_b.jpg

Taco envy-43688959620_5853760e2d_b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I have Michelin AT. I'm ready for gnarlly tires. What brand/size? Have have 2-3 inch lift.
    For gnar trails drop the Michelin and get with the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W. One tire to rule them all! Michelin only make Mildterrains.

Good ahhhh?
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...19869/page-189
    Taco envy-qqn5zro.jpg

And can we get a "Like" button for MTBR? Jibmaster's Jeep is rad!

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Falken makes some good tires. Have them on my on QX4 MTB battlewagon.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jibmaster View Post

Name:	43688959620_5853760e2d_b.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	270.1 KB 
ID:	1222879
    5.6 large well spent!

mtbr member
    5.6 large well spent!
    People bag on the square headlight Wranglers, but I have a soft spot for them for 2 reasons: 1) my brother had one, and 2) MacGyver had one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by inonjoey View Post
    People bag on the square headlight Wranglers, but I have a soft spot for them for 2 reasons: 1) my brother had one, and 2) MacGyver had one...

Not as cool as Jib's.

Taco envy-jmg24g.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Based on Tacomaworld beta and my tire guy's recommendation for an AT that does well in snow, went with 265/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs in C-load for my new-to-me '09. No lift (yet). Don't rub on road, guessing they might off road, but I am going to lift it 2-3".

Taco envy-img_5218.jpg

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    Based on Tacomaworld beta and my tire guy's recommendation for an AT that does well in snow, went with 265/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs in C-load for my new-to-me '09. No lift (yet). Don't rub on road, guessing they might off road, but I am going to lift it 2-3".

Name:	IMG_5218.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	1222917
    Stunning tires! Wheels too.

Congrats on the new truck. Got a sweet deal or had to pay the taco tax?
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks! Taco tax is hard to get away from - but got it with 75K on the clock and no wrecks. Wanted a 2nd gen 4x4/V6/manual. Looked at way too many trucks with 200K+ on them or salvage titles.

Nobody
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    If you are only driving with one bike, why not just lay it on its side in the bed of the truck. Mine never moves around, more aero for better mpg, and you donít have to worry about your downtube getting worn from rubbing with the pad all the time. Or your pad getting stolen....
    I've done that from time to time but I struggle to find a stable position. At the moment, I care more about my new bike than my truck. The tailgate pad will be a cheap experiment. I have UHMW tape on my downtube because some of my friends have tailgate pads and my bike spends time on theirs. I plan to fit a closed cell foam pad split and set over the tailgate, under the pad for vibration protection. The UHMW tape will protect the surface of the frame.

If I hate this solution, I'll get the 1up. I regularly need to transport two bikes and ocassionally 3 so the tailgate pad is the quick cheap fix. Maybe I'll love it.

Nobody
    Sorry, I meant to say stick with all season tires if your going to drive in the snow on roads. If your wheeling off road in the snow, go for BFG AT. I've run AT's and MT's of several tire brands over the years and the years are they are clearly not made for driving on snow plowed/covered roads at speed.

One of the scariest drives of my life was in my 95 Toyota with straight axle conversion, Detroit lockers front and rear, hubs locked, with Mud Terrain Tires on a snow plowed road. Had absolutely no control...

mtbr member
    I didn't like the Goodyear Duratracs when I had them. They got real noisy after about 1000 miles. At about 2500 miles they would no longer balance correctly and they were completely worn out at 25k. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. They did do really well in the snow though. I went with BFG KO2's after the Duratracs and they are leaps and bounds better in all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    I didn't like the Goodyear Duratracs when I had them. They got real noisy after about 1000 miles. At about 2500 miles they would no longer balance correctly and they were completely worn out at 25k. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. They did do really well in the snow though. I went with BFG KO2's after the Duratracs and they are leaps and bounds better in all aspects.
    I also had Duratracs and liked them till about 20k when they started to get pretty loud and by 25k they were plain annoying. They don't offer very good wet traction either which is a big downfall for the KO2 as well. That's why everyone loves the Wildpeak so much. It's way cheaper, MUCH better wet traction and better snow traction AND quieter. The only drawback is someone will occasionally get a bad tire or set of tires but IMO that happens with any brand/model. Modern AT tires are actually quiet capable on road. I'll let you know how the Wildpeaks do here shortly...... Patiently waiting for Brown Santa to show up!

Fc, get some new meats and let's hit this trail. Power Wagon don't care!

fc
    I've done that from time to time but I struggle to find a stable position. At the moment, I care more about my new bike than my truck. The tailgate pad will be a cheap experiment. I have UHMW tape on my downtube because some of my friends have tailgate pads and my bike spends time on theirs. I plan to fit a closed cell foam pad split and set over the tailgate, under the pad for vibration protection. The UHMW tape will protect the surface of the frame.

If I hate this solution, I'll get the 1up. I regularly need to transport two bikes and ocassionally 3 so the tailgate pad is the quick cheap fix. Maybe I'll love it.
    Tailgate pad..... absolutely the best bike carrying solution on any vehicle. $80, dead stable, easy to mount.
    IPA will save America

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    I also had Duratracs and liked them till about 20k when they started to get pretty loud and by 25k they were plain annoying. They don't offer very good wet traction either which is a big downfall for the KO2 as well. That's why everyone loves the Wildpeak so much. It's way cheaper, MUCH better wet traction and better snow traction AND quieter. The only drawback is someone will occasionally get a bad tire or set of tires but IMO that happens with any brand/model. Modern AT tires are actually quiet capable on road. I'll let you know how the Wildpeaks do here shortly...... Patiently waiting for Brown Santa to show up!

Fc, get some new meats and let's hit this trail. Power Wagon don't care!
    Appreciate the input!!

I need to make it up the Buttes tower of Downieville. Good thing is I don't have a commute now so taco can be more trail optimized.

Oh, remember to rotate pickup tires. Rear is light, duh, and my front tires were BEAT!.
    IPA will save America

Appreciate the input!!

I need to make it up the Buttes tower of Downieville. Good thing is I don't have a commute now so taco can be more trail optimized.

Oh, remember to rotate pickup tires. Rear is light, duh, and my front tires were BEAT!.
    Yes! Always rotate on a regular basis.

For RWD and pickups with non directional tires
    Name:  nondirectional.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  5.6 KB

https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...our-car-tires/
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret....jsp?techid=43

Moderator Moderator
    Tempting.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Tempting.

I have 2017 Rebel, great truck. But I may replace it with a Ranger next year, I didnít really need a truck that big.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    I donít like the sound of that. I was torn between those two tires and went with the Duratracs. Iíll have to look into how many miles so far and definitely getting them rotated again this week. I think it will be the third rotation. They work great in snow though and have been fairly quiet.

Taco envy-ba31e3d4-80be-4ef8-99c7-32edb875e4dc.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    No more trucks for me. Between bikes, dirt bikes, and a growing family that enjoys camping and being outdoors there is only one choice.

I've had this for a week and I LOVE IT!

Taco envy-img_7774.jpg

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_twin View Post
    No more trucks for me. Between bikes, dirt bikes, and a growing family that enjoys camping and being outdoors there is only one choice.

I've had this for a week and I LOVE IT!

Name:	IMG_7774.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	1224277

That's pretty nice. Can sleep anywhere unlike the rooftop tent.

But... it's NOT a Tacoma.
    IPA will save America

Moderator Moderator

But... it's NOT a Tacoma.
    I thought envy went both ways!

Little Twin, check out.....https://faroutride.com

mtbr member
    I thought envy went both ways!

Little Twin, check out.....https://faroutride.com
    A lot of the modifications I have planned are based off their build. I won't be living out of mine long terms so mine will be greatly stripped down in comparison.

mtbr member
    Transition Taco?
    Busted xpedo 4 scale
    Dirty bike clean truck?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindelatron View Post
    Transition Taco?
    Busted xpedo 4 scale

[/IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    finally back on topic!!
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Incredible story of a humble nurse and his taco* in Paradise.

*EDIT: Sorry, yep, it's a Tundra. News and instagrams said taco. lmk if you want me to delete.

https://twitter.com/jacknicas/status...62154906742784
    Taco envy-screen-shot-2018-11-12-8.28.07-pm.jpg

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_sbay View Post
    Incredible story of a humble nurse and his taco* in Paradise.

*EDIT: Sorry, yep, it's a Tundra. News and instagrams said taco. lmk if you want me to delete.

https://twitter.com/jacknicas/status...62154906742784

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 8.28.07 PM.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	228.0 KB 
ID:	1224632
    best tundra ever. That guy deserves all the karma and gifts coming his way. Just really hard to fathom what they've been through and what lies ahead.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    best tundra ever. That guy deserves all the karma and gifts coming his way. Just really hard to fathom what they've been through and what lies ahead.
    Toyota USA is giving him a new Tundra. BFG is giving him a new set of tires. The guy is a hero saving people from the hospital while his house, hospital and truck burned down.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112