SVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014

SVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County

Happy New Year! Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers is proposing to Santa Clara County Parks a bike park located in Sanborn County Park property. SVMTB received a $15,000 grant from REI in 2015 to develop this Family Bike Park Plan so that SVMTB could present it to the county for consideration. The Family Bike Park plan was developed by IMBA Trail Solutions with direction from SVMTB. There's still a lot of work to do on this, but we thought we'd share this with you. A PDF version of the plan can be found on our website:

http://www.svmtb.org/2017/01/bikeparksccproposal/

SVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County-images-2.jpgSVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County-images-1.jpgSVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County-images-3.jpgSVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County-images-4.jpgSVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County-images-5.jpg

mtbr member
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Instagram/Youtube- Dagonger
    Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Giddyup! I am shovel ready.
    I'm not sure how this works.

middle ring single track
    Hey Sean, don't be afraid to share the whole report, the sooner we can have a discussion about estimated costs the sooner the biking public can decide if they want all the "bells and whistles" or start with something more modest.

This would be a perfect opportunity for some of the "big names" in the bicycle business to step up to the plate and show that they care.
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

Formerly dvo
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe Ped View Post
    Hey Sean, don't be afraid to share the whole report, the sooner we can have a discussion about estimated costs the sooner the biking public can decide if they want all the "bells and whistles" or start with something more modest.

This would be a perfect opportunity for some of the "big names" in the bicycle business to step up to the plate and show that they care.
    Also would be the perfect opportunity for a rather well healed local cycling population to put their money and sweat equity to give themselves the best possible trail system. I'm in for $100 for starters. Give me a place to send it.
    I'm the problem....

climbing optimized
    Sep 2013
    Is there a way to donate directly to a fund for this park?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Excellent stuff Sean. Thank you SVMTB for spearheading this.
    This will be huge for our local riding community.

I'm really diggin it!

Highly suggest you go with the "all the bells and whistles" bid.

Or do like Truckee bike park and go all volunteer build but do not allow the land manager to attempt the build.

That was attempted in Marin and it was a disaster. A complete waste of the 600K raised by the cycling community.

mtbr member
    I'm with Davey. All in! The land that will be used isn't super large so we should bang for buck while the door is open.

mtbr member
    Looks good. A step in the right direction with directional trails, ratings, and designated areas. To me, directional trails and ratings is obvious to have.

Most parks around the bay area should be directional. A way to satisfy both those who favor downhills and climbers, directional trails could change on schedules like every other day. So, Mon,Wed,Fri,Sun trails would be in one direction and Tues,Thurs,Sat the trails would go in opposite direction.

I just hope they actually implement the plan quickly enough while I still am riding. Haha.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ericm979 View Post
    Is there a way to donate directly to a fund for this park?
    Donate
    Direct donations to Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers are separate from SVMTB/IMBA membership dues. 100% of all donations remain in the local community to support our trail efforts in Santa Clara and San Mateo
    counties. These donations are tax deductible and our tax ID or EIN is 14-193-1867.
    Donate - Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers

mtbr member
    What are the odds that this is implemented and what kind of time frame? Do we have any idea?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

climbing optimized
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane View Post

I just hope they actually implement the plan quickly enough while I still am riding. Haha.
    Same here.

mtbr member
    So is this approved by the county and just needs funding? What are the next steps?

middle ring single track
    Quote Originally Posted by drew p View Post
    So is this approved by the county and just needs funding? What are the next steps?
    What I'm hearing is that the County wants an entity established to manage the park; could be SVMTB or more likely a new discreet group only concerned with managing the bike park. They want to see a business plan (management plan?) and with this in hand then SCCParks can go to the BOS and seek approval. I think the County has all it's ducks in a row; they're wondering why the biking community is taking so long.

mtbr member
    I ask why the county can't manage it as a park funded by taxpayers. Why do other trail users get the special sauce and we don't?

middle ring single track
    Quote Originally Posted by drew p View Post
    I ask why the county can't manage it as a park funded by taxpayers. Why do other trail users get the special sauce and we don't?
    They don't; activities like archery, boating, golf, hang gliding and etc. are managed by a concessionaires, clubs or some sort of lessee. It forms a level of insulation between the County and the activity; a necessity for dangerous activities (like golfing )

A good example would be the club that manages hang gliding activities Wings of Rogallo: Sites: Ed Levin

Boats at Vasona (county park) are handled by the Los Gatos (city) Rec. Dept.

An exception would be the Metcalf Rd Motorcycle Park but that gets its funding in part from the State OHV dept.

Green stickers for MTB's anyone???

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    That looks pretty rad. Why do I get uncomfortable? The maps all have a trail listed as: "Slope Styles." Do the planners ride? It is: Slope Style - not plural, very simple and most riders would see it immediately. Yet it is everywhere on the maps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtJunky View Post
    That looks pretty rad. Why do I get uncomfortable? The maps all have a trail listed as: "Slope Styles." Do the planners ride? It is: Slope Style - not plural, very simple and most riders would see it immediately. Yet it is everywhere on the maps.
    The people involved are absolutely riders and good ones too. I may be speaking out of turn but I believe the plan presented used Whistler as a benchmark for how it would be built... Should be dope.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The only funny thing about this is the location. Sanborn, though accessible by road bike. is not really a location that anyone would ever ride to. All the pump tracks / jumping spots in Santa Cruz county can be ridden to by kids. Is this more of a build it and they will come situation?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo2000 View Post
    The only funny thing about this is the location. Sanborn, though accessible by road bike. is not really a location that anyone would ever ride to. All the pump tracks / jumping spots in Santa Cruz county can be ridden to by kids. Is this more of a build it and they will come situation?
    This is more of a build it and I will come. (that didn't come out quite right)

middle ring single track
    This is no less accessible than Demo is; I've ridden to Demo several times from Los Gatos and enjoyed the backroads paved or not. This new area is actually currently accessible by dirt almost all the way from LG but involves some poaching as covered in several other recent threads. Almost all downhill back to town if one takes Black Road.

Getting this project on the books may get those other off-pavement routes opened up sooner than later.

Professional Troll
    They have these things called "automobiles" nowadays. I've seen a few around California recently...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    maybe it's more of a 'this spot is available, do you want a bike park there or not?' situation. There aren't that many places to put a bike park...and not that many people working to get them built. No shortage of bystanders, though.

middle ring single track
    Quote Originally Posted by riderup View Post
    maybe it's more of a 'this spot is available, do you want a bike park there or not?' situation. There aren't that many places to put a bike park...and not that many people working to get them built. No shortage of bystanders, though.
    Very true this^^^

Close in to town a parcel like this might be worth $30,000,000.00; 9 street miles out and it's almost free for the taking. If we bikers don't get our $hit together soon it will instead be the site of a zip line concession.

Disclaimer; I'm too old and too far away to be a principal---I'll stir the pot a couple more times and then fade away.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtJunky View Post
    If you understood that so much of what's being done here to get to this stage is done by volunteers, you'd be able to answer your own question. If they weren't riders, they wouldn't be trying to build a bike park.

middle ring single track

Comatose

Stopped in to see the patient this morning and the vitals are not looking good; 1,185 views with 26 posts by 15 individuals. Nothing at all in the last 4 days. WYSIWYG. Unless a miracle cure surfaces this project is dead for lack of interest. I do hope a cure is discovered soon.

Oh and BTW I'll let y'all in on a not secret big secret; the price estimate as presented is $3.5M in round numbers. My apologies Sean.

mtbr member
    Is there a call to action? Just let us know what we can do and I am sure we can drive engagement. If not here, Facebook or large rallies.

Slowest Rider
    Unless a miracle cure surfaces this project is dead for lack of interest.
    So just what is needed right now - meetings, letters, trail work, money,,..? From the above, the limiting next step looks to be getting someone in the MTB community to take responsibility. It's a big effort to manage that park which may be beyond one individual.

Perhaps SVMTB/IMBA is the right organization to start the process and ultimately find a delegate if they don't want to manage it themselves. I'd donate to a special fund for this, if created.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    It's an official SVMTB proposal. Sean (President of SVMTB) started the thread as an FYI. You can see from his # of posts that he might not be on MTBR that much....

To support the project:

Give it a Like on Facebook
    Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County - Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers

Join SVMTB,

Let SVMTB know you want to help .
    Meet Our Board - Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by normonster View Post
    It's an official SVMTB proposal. Sean (President of SVMTB) started the thread as an FYI. You can see from his # of posts that he might not be on MTBR that much....

To support the project:

Give it a Like on Facebook
    Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County - Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers

Join SVMTB,

Let SVMTB know you want to help .
    Meet Our Board - Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers
    So what is Moe Ped talking about the project dying? I have re-read this thread multiple times and must be missing something.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    SVMTB is currently working on a “draft" operation plan for SCC Parks. In June, SCC Parks, REI, and SVMTB plan to hold a public meeting where we will set up a Sanborn Bike Park steering committee. To date, SVMTB has invested more than $25K in the Sanborn Bike Park concept, but we still need more help. In particular, we are looking for people with experience in trail building, fundraising, bike park management, and/or a passion for seeing this become a reality. If you would like to help, please send me an email with your contact information.

Thanks,

Sean

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean SVMTB View Post
    SVMTB is currently working on a “draft" operation plan for SCC Parks. In June, SCC Parks, REI, and SVMTB plan to hold a public meeting where we will set up a Sanborn Bike Park steering committee. To date, SVMTB has invested more than $25K in the Sanborn Bike Park concept, but we still need more help. In particular, we are looking for people with experience in trail building, fundraising, bike park management, and/or a passion for seeing this become a reality. If you would like to help, please send me an email with your contact information.

Thanks,

Sean
    Oh hell yeah. PM sent.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Well, you know you can count on some help from your over-the-hill (I mean geographically...not age-wise...but, in my case, it's both actually ;-) brethren.
    Let me know the when / where and we'll be happy help where we can.

climbing optimized
    Sep 2013
    Pm sent.

middle ring single track
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean SVMTB View Post

Thanks,

Sean
    I hope you can get some help.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    FYI: Here's the latest. We are holding monthly status meetings at REI to make sure this project gains momentum. Below is the announcement:

Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers (SVMTB) has developed a concept for a mountain bike park located in Sanborn County Park in Santa Clara. The specific purpose of this committee is to advocate, fundraise, build, and establish a bike park operation plan. To date, SVMTB has invested more than $25K, including a $15K Grant from REI, into the Sanborn Bike Park concept. We still need more help. If you have a passion for mountain biking and want to make this a reality please join us. This meeting is open to the public and will be held at REI on the last Wednesday of every month.

Dates: 6/28, 7/27 (Thursday), 8/23, 9/20, 10/25, 11/29
    Time: 7pm – 8:30pm.
    Register: https://www.rei.com/events/sanborn-m...an-jose/179884

mtbr member
    Giddyup! I'll be there fo' sho! Let's do this folks!!!

mtbr member
    First meeting tonight Saratoga REI...7pm. Hope I see you badass mofos out there. This trail's gonna be sweet!

Over it
    Jun 2010
    Thanks for reppin us, squash. I'll put the next meeting on my calendar.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice--pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

mtbr member
    I just attended the first meeting tonight .
    Its all green lights very exciting .
    Spread the word.
    Get involved .
    The first step is putting a questioner out to the public.

The first DH trail will be built from the top to Squashyo's house

mtbr member
    Biggest takeaway was how excited and fired up the Park Service folks are towards this project. They want this to be a world class, bike only, DH specific park and they want it done ASAP. Seriously something to be stoked about all you Bay Area peeps. You think the Flow trail is cool...this will be next level and won't require driving over 17 to get it. Next step is to demonstrate excitement from the bike community so heads up and please please please get involved.

OH, and I misrepresented above. This isn't a trail...it's a full blow mountain bike park.

mtbr member

Where is the proposed location? I'm not too familiar with the area

Edit - nvm I found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

climbing optimized
    Sep 2013
    I was at the meeting too. It's very encouraging to hear the enthusiasm from the county. Sounds like the community just has to step up.

The bottom parking lot in the plan would be across Black rd from the John Nicolas trailhead. The top lot would be at Black and Skyline, south along Skyline. It's the abandoned Christmas tree farm just south of Black.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericm979 View Post
    I was at the meeting too. It's very encouraging to hear the enthusiasm from the county. Sounds like the community just has to step up.
    Any suggestions about how to the community can step up and get involved. I have no advocacy experience, but am pretty excited about this proposed project.

mtbr member
    The first step will be to get a lot people to take a survey/questionnaire (coming soon). A high number of receives will demonstrate that there is high interest and things will truly kick into gear. This is what we will be working on as a next step.

Also, please sign up to attend the next meeting....that is another way of demonstrating that we mean business!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    The first step will be to get a lot people to take a survey/questionnaire (coming soon). A high number of receives will demonstrate that there is high interest and things will truly kick into gear. This is what we will be working on as a next step.

Also, please sign up to attend the next meeting....that is another way of demonstrating that we mean business!
    I would also say joining SVMTB is an important indicator of community support. It only costs $35 and it will provide a quantifiable number of people who support local mountain biking. It will also get you on their email list so you can be updated on project. Go to svmtb.org to join.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rider95124 View Post
    I would also say joining SVMTB is an important indicator of community support. It only costs $35 and it will provide a quantifiable number of people who support local mountain biking. It will also get you on their email list so you can be updated on project. Go to svmtb.org to join.
    Done!

mtbr member
    Hi All

Next meeting is this coming up Thursday! Please join...please share!!!

Sanborn Mountain Bike Park Committee
    Dates: 7/27 (Thursday), 8/23, 9/20, 10/25, 11/29

Meeting Objective: The specific purpose of this meeting is to begin
    forming a steering committee is to advocate, fundraise, build, and
    establish a bike park operation plan.

mtbr member
    Bumpity bump. Please show up tonight...this is going to be the bike park that makes other bike parks say I wish I was that bike park.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    meeting dates have conspired against me...I'm in Calistoga tonight. I very much want to, and will, help.

mtbr member
    Meeting update:

Just over 20 showed up to discuss how we progress. Lively and positive discussion ensued as we edge closer to building a game plan/plan of attack. End of day, we have 80+ acres to play with but need mtbiker community involvement to make it work.

Next steps include building out sub committees to tackle all the elements required to move this forward (outreach, fundraising, trail planning and building, etc). We will likely begin moving forward soon with the outreach element to start proving demand.

Truly hope people here will get involved as we need more better trails around these parts and this is an ideal situation to be in. Don't get me wrong, climbing and descending Kennedy is pretty gnar but it's time to step up our game!

Hope to see you participate...have a great weekend everyone.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    My takeaway from last night's meeting was that while SCC Parks is completely on board there will still need to be sign off from the Parks and Rec Committee as well as the County Supervisors. We need to be able to prove that there is sufficient community interest in this project to get that sign off.

There should be a Facebook page dedicated to the project set up this week so please look for it and like it. That is one way to show community interest. Another is to increase SVMTB's membership count which is currently at around 350 members. If we could double that in the next couple of months that would be a strong indicator that we have people here that are willing to support the local MTB advocacy organization that is spearheading this project. So please, go to SVMTB.org and click on the join button.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Thank you for the update and for the participation guys!!!!!!!
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Regarding community interest, should we cross-post this to other places like PB? Is somebody already on that? Also be sure to help spread via word of mouth as well, I have some coworkers that mtb but don't really visit forums so I'll be passing it along to them too.

I guess we should try to funnel everybody to the Facebook page where likes and comments will be the most visible?

Can you post a link to the official FB page so we have it here for reference and anybody that comes browsing NorCal?

mtbr member
    Sure can...but it's not ready yet. There was a guy at the meeting who works at Facebook and said he would get it rolling. We'll post it up when it's ready.

I'll probably spend a few days in the Demo parking lot trolling for signatures...

mtbr member
    Meeting tomorrow in Saratoga...with SC under pressure, this is how you can help get new rad trails and reduce the burden over there. Hope we see you come out:

Dates: 8/23

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Planning on going. I have been out of town the past couple meetings so looking forward to hearing more about this.

mtbr member
    Bump...come on team...step up please. 80 acres of land in your back yard to be built up by mountain bikers for mountain bikers! We need to show numbers and I am told some potential anti-bike people will be showing up.

To sweeten the pot, if you show up, I promise not to ride shirtless for the rest of the year.

I'm really diggin it!
    Bump...come on team...step up please. 80 acres of land in your back yard to be built up by mountain bikers for mountain bikers! We need to show numbers and I am told some potential anti-bike people will be showing up.

To sweeten the pot, if you show up, I promise not to ride shirtless for the rest of the year.
    Wish I could make it but I'm working. How else can I help with this project?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey Simon View Post
    Wish I could make it but I'm working. How else can I help with this project?
    I'm thinking about a Mountain Bike Trail Builders Calendar...are you comfortable being semi-naked on camera?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    But will you stop wearing your recalled lulu lemon yoga pants?

mtbr member
    I'll give you my recalled Lulus when you pry them from my cold, dead lower torso.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Super-cool. Where exactly is the new park being purposed? I ride John Nicholas frequently and normally start from the Black Rd. trailhead and ride up. Is this entering from Skyline, Sanborn Rd, or Black Rd?

I'm really diggin it!
    I'm thinking about a Mountain Bike Trail Builders Calendar...are you comfortable being semi-naked on camera?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Bummer I can't make it tonight. I'm not sure what the anti-bike people are expecting to accomplish as this isn't a meeting to get the project approved but we should definitely pay attention to any valid concerns they have regarding the project.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post
    Super-cool. Where exactly is the new park being purposed? I ride John Nicholas frequently and normally start from the Black Rd. trailhead and ride up. Is this entering from Skyline, Sanborn Rd, or Black Rd?
    When you get to the top of Black, a left turn will put you right at the start of the trails we plan to build. They will drop to where that trailhead to enter JN is...on Black Rd.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Got it, so top is Skyline and Black and bottom is Black where JN is. Would be nice to get more parking around the current JN trailhead, but understand most people want to park up and ride down.

mtbr member
    Hella good turn out. We press on.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I decided to create a new thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/california-no...l#post13381623

Sean

More pie please
    The county has decided against the bike park.

In accordance with direction by the County Executive, the Department is no longer considering a mountain bike park in Sanborn County Park.
    These came out small but if you click on them, they're readable:

SVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County-sanborn-master-plan-mountain-bike-park-update-prc-2018-04-001.jpg

SVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County-sanborn-master-plan-mountain-bike-park-update-prc-2018-04-002.jpg

SVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County-sanborn-master-plan-mountain-bike-park-update-prc-2018-04-003.jpg

SVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County-sanborn-master-plan-mountain-bike-park-update-prc-2018-04-004.jpg

SVMTB Sanborn County Bike Park Proposal to Santa Clara County-sanborn-master-plan-mountain-bike-park-update-prc-2018-04-005.jpg

Source: http://sccgov.iqm2.com/Citizens/File...MeetingID=9684
    Long live long rides

I'm really diggin it!
    Sorry this happened but I’m not surprised. Hopefully when it comes time to vote for the next park funding measure we all vote no.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    The most important thing you can do now is riding the John Nicholas Trail. They have counters that track hikers and bikers. The more bikers riding this trail the better for us.

middle ring single track
    From the beginning the County made it clear they needed a business plan first; the site plan could be fleshed out later. What went down was the opposite; a late-arriving site concept plan (as appealing as it may have been); I'm not sure if a business plan was ever submitted to the County.

I think the memorandum that Skyline 35 has posted is a bit of a CYA by the County but is not out of the ordinary.

If you live in the LG area please take this poll.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    From the beginning the County made it clear they needed a business plan first; the site plan could be fleshed out later. What went down was the opposite; a late-arriving site concept plan (as appealing as it may have been); I'm not sure if a business plan was ever submitted to the County.

I think the memorandum that Skyline 35 has posted is a bit of a CYA by the County but is not out of the ordinary.

If you live in the LG area please take this poll.
    Maybe, but that's all part of the problem that the MTB community couldn't be bothered to step up and show their support for the park. SVMTB is not a large organization, they really needed outside help on this and they didn't get it.

Also, in retrospect, it appears that much of County's interest in the park was really Greg Bringelson's interest in the park and when he retired it appears that was the end of the County's interest in mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Sorry this happened but I’m not surprised. Hopefully when it comes time to vote for the next park funding measure we all vote no.

Whoa - not at all the case, please do some research and correct this statement. SCCParks was trying to get organized public support and action and the majority of public turnout was "against any mountain biking at Sanborn". Parks knew that community support was going to be required more technical trails, both practically and technically, and were very open to progressing trail options beyond the master plan.
    The anti group was very active, showed up to many if not all meetings and went about slandering, lying and threatening the Parks Department about the "Disney Land Bikepark" for "thrillseakers" and it is all on public record if you care to go listen (all recorded). They had 'naturalist', local school admins, grandma's who worried about blinding sunlight (really), guardrails, and other dangerous roads artifacts every time they drove Black Road all speak up. They put up a fine fight and let democracy work itself out while Bay Area MTB'rs were too busy.

And then the group leader, who clear-cut and scrapped her adjacent property clean with a 7' chainlink to surround it for a shinny new vineyard, demanded a Wildlife Preserve be created to protect the wonderful redwoods and animals. It still makes me sick thinking about how perverse it all finally went down and now a Wildlife Park boondoggle is being planned.
    Sadly everyone (including myself at times) were too busy to speak up where it counted. MTB folks are pretty notorious for having a "just let me dig and ride attitude." Some bad folks get into office if this mentality stays the norm.

Also, the memorandum was a result of when the Parks Dept finally gave up after the Board of Supervisors (& Chairmen) were convinced that there was a "public confidence problem with the Parks Department." They were basically bullied into shutting it all down to save their hides from these elitist locals.

Sad day for all because precedence carries a lot of longevity.

Finally, this is not an LG problem...this is a peninsula MTB community problem. Folks need to step up to promote and progress the sport. It is telling how the peninsula (SF to Morgan Hill) has only 3 mountain biking teams while smaller places like Santa Cruz has 6 teams or equivalent & East Bay area has ~9. Even Salinas has like 5 teams!

I'm really diggin it!
    Yes. That will happen every time. The best thing we can do is defund the parks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Why would you want to do that? From everything stated here, the parks department wanted to build it. But they can't do it if the MTB community whines online while the anti-MTB community shows up at every meeting and contacts ever lawmaker.

fc

Dahell?????? This is not Midpen. Please get informed.
    IPA will save America

I'm really diggin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Dahell?????? This is not Midpen. Please get informed.
    I never specified the land manager. This is a very general and common problem to the SF Bay.

I’m asserting in the short term the only way we are going to get meaningful trail access is to defund the land manger, whatever corner of the SF Bay you happen to pay attention to.

fc
    I never specified the land manager. This is a very general and common problem to the SF Bay.

I’m asserting in the short term the only way we are going to get meaningful trail access is to defund the land manger, whatever corner of the SF Bay you happen to pay attention to.

Santa Clara County Parks people are the most amazing, bike friendly folks I've met in a long, long time. For you to outright say defund them is not ok. Just my opinion.
    IPA will save America