Sunday morning mass ó Santa Teresaís Dirt Church Sunday March 11th- Mtbr.com
    M8 M12 M15 deez nuts

Sunday morning mass ó Santa Teresaís Dirt Church Sunday March 11th

In case you cannot make it to Dionís rad Saturday ride at STCP, I am offering up a group ride on Sunday at STCP. Meetup point: Harry @ Camden (ample FREE parking) at 9:00AM. Cholas are optional, bring at your own risk.
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

Wēk SŰs
    Unfortunately, this weekend is bad for me. I might be able to sneak out during the late afternoon, or I may take the family out late Sunday afternoon. That's about all I can manage this weekend. BDay parties and soccer, grr.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Endless Cycles Swap Meet in Castro Valley. I'm out!

roadie
    don't choo no da cholas gotta go to mass on sunday? is the day of rest holmes. respect.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by modbog View Post
    don't choo no da cholas gotta go to mass on sunday? is the day of rest holmes. respect.
    So, if no cholas show up, will you still come ride with us?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    sup homeboy.

Hipster
    Count me in!

roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    So, if no cholas show up, will you still come ride with us?
    i will be in for one of these. but at the moment i need to put in some mileage to get back into something resembling shape

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by modbog View Post
    i will be in for one of these. but at the moment i need to put in some mileage to get back into something resembling shape
    Just come do a couple uphill Boundary Climb repeats no-dabs with us in the morning. 0.7 miles and 450 feet of climbing, in some sections of the climb the grade exceeds 33%. If that doesnít kill you then it will surely get you back into shape. Back in January I did four consecutive no-dabs up it (did five total that day). I am pretty sure it made me a bit stronger.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    I will buy anyone (who shows up a rides with us Sunday morning) a beer if they manage to clothesline themselves on Matiasí imaginary branch on Rocky Ridge.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    You have to be a giant and you need to have a non dropper seat post. Also need to accidentally take the outer edge of the inside line.

Also. Boundary Climb. NO. I will attempt, but surely I will walk it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Derrrr. Daylights savings everybodayyy. Dont show up an hour late.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Great ride as always. No thanks to all you who didn't show up, leaving me riding with LP and Marco. LP had mentioned something about social pace and Marco had mentioned recovery something but I don't think they know what those words mean. I lost a lung out there. If you find it, lemme know.

Great ride. Good peoples. I bailed early so they're probably still out there doing repeats of Joice.

Wēk SŰs
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbacon View Post
    Great ride as always. No thanks to all you who didn't show up, leaving me riding with LP and Marco. LP had mentioned something about social pace and Marco had mentioned recovery something but I don't think they know what those words mean. I lost a lung out there. If you find it, lemme know.

Great ride. Good peoples. I bailed early so they're probably still out there doing repeats of Joice.

You're pretty fast yourself.

Social pace, at least now I understand, they blitz ahead and wait on Strava segment boundaries. It's a good workout for the slower folk as you don't get much rest and is close to a training ride for slow folk, IMO.

Slowest Rider
    I was out there today from around 10:30AM to noon, with a couple friends more my speed. Did some playing around and came back on Stiles.

I didn't see you guys, but the ROMP group came past us as we were returning on Stiles. They were headed for Rocky Ridge and you might have seen them.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Should've rode with you guys instead of trying to sell at the swap meet. I sold four things and they had the BBQ smoking right into our spot. I normally like BBQ smell, but not when it's making your eyes water. We left early.

Lost a day of riding for nothing. And here comes the rain.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Although there were only three of us (me, mboldt, motorbacon) the pace of the ride was pretty decent. I rode my 2-speed (32/22x17) fatbike (12 pounds of rotating mass) and made the mistake of trying to keep up with Marco on his unobtanium bike. In the process, it seems as though Marco and I managed to drag motorbacon into some nice PRs and Strava medalsówell done sir!

Here is the ride from my GPS:

rho
    Life is strange
    The best way to get faster is to ride with faster people and get pissed off that you're slower... then hack up a lung trying to catch up.

At least thats what I do. How that works out for the rest of you might differ...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    The best way to get faster is to ride with faster people and get pissed off that you're slower... then hack up a lung trying to catch up.

At least thats what I do. How that works out for the rest of you might differ...
    There's no question about that. I had a great time riding with those two fast mofos. Rocky Ridge is on my 'must clean' list. The downhill is just not for me at the moment on the rigid. Arms get beat.

The more I do Stiles, the more I see the line while riding it.

Members who have read this thread: 0