Stolen Heckler Anybody?- Mtbr.com
    Seaside stand up!

Stolen Heckler Anybody?

This weekend (Sun) I was watching my kids ride their bikes around the park when some cat on a full-suspension bike rode past me. Like most folks I look to see what he's riding and at 1st I can't tell but the rear shock is a 5th Element coil. As he gets closer I see that its a SC Heckler, 2002-2004 frame type (I know this because I have one) and has been spray(?) painted yellow, like the creamy yellow you see on houses. Looks like it used to be black or blue, the yellow paint didn't cover everything but he did try to paint the seatpost and front shock the same nasty yellow. The crank-head pulls into the driveway of a house at the end of my street and thats the last I saw of him. He doesn't live there I think, but has friends that do. I called the bike shops that sold SC within 50 miles to see if anyone heard of one getting pinched, nobodys heard nothing. I didn't call the police because as far as I know his only crime is riding a f*cked-up bike, and I don't need some tweeker beefing with my fam. IF YOU have had a black or blue SC Heckler stolen in the Monterey, Seaside, Pacific Grove, Carmel, Marina, Salinas, Etc,Etc,Etc area of California please respond to this thread
    antonio

Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by djkellycx
    This weekend (Sun) I was watching my kids ride their bikes around the park when some cat on a full-suspension bike rode past me. Like most folks I look to see what he's riding and at 1st I can't tell but the rear shock is a 5th Element coil. As he gets closer I see that its a SC Heckler, 2002-2004 frame type (I know this because I have one) and has been spray(?) painted yellow, like the creamy yellow you see on houses. Looks like it used to be black or blue, the yellow paint didn't cover everything but he did try to paint the seatpost and front shock the same nasty yellow. The crank-head pulls into the driveway of a house at the end of my street and thats the last I saw of him. He doesn't live there I think, but has friends that do. I called the bike shops that sold SC within 50 miles to see if anyone heard of one getting pinched, nobodys heard nothing. I didn't call the police because as far as I know his only crime is riding a f*cked-up bike, and I don't need some tweeker beefing with my fam. IF YOU have had a black or blue SC Heckler stolen in the Monterey, Seaside, Pacific Grove, Carmel, Marina, Salinas, Etc,Etc,Etc area of California please respond to this thread
    I'm not missing a bike but I did want to say "Thank You" for keeping an eye out! Not many people would post on the boards that they saw a possibly stolen bike! Kudos to you! There should be more of this to some extent.

Seaside stand up!
    Thanks. I'm surprised that none of the shops in my area or the posts here on mtbr have come up with anything. I'm going to give it another couple days, then I'm going to my local Police Dept and check on any reports and also call the Sea-Otter folks and see if any bikes where stolen during that time. Thiefs can be lazy so the bike I figure had to come from somewhere close.
    antonio