Stolen bike in Santa Cruz: 2002 Enduro Pro- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Stolen bike in Santa Cruz: 2002 Enduro Pro

Man, I can't believe this. My first post on this board, and unfortunately it's to report that some loser jacked my bike. Guess you can't trust anyone these days. Even with a 1/4" steel cable lock! I'm still calm right now because I think I'm still in shock, but I think I might be busting some walls pretty soon, so I'll get this out while I'm still relatively clear-headed. I normally ride UCSC/Pogonip/mbxs so if you're an SC local you've probably seen me out there on this bike. The irony is just this past weekend I finally hit all the stunts on mbxs so I was really looking forward to more riding.

Below are the details. Anyone with information leading to the return of this bike, I have some $$ for you. Contact me at 831-247-5741. Please pass this info on to your riding buddies... Also if anyone knows of other online places I should post this, please PM me.

STOLEN:

- 2002 Enduro Pro, serial number PP209120.

- Stolen sometime between 4 AM and 9 AM on Tuesday, 8/10/04 at intersection of Chestnut and Squid Row, downtown Santa Cruz. The bike was on a spare tire bike rack on the back of a green Isuzu Rodeo, locked with 1/4" steel cable lock (they hacksawed it). This couldn't have been cased out for long, as this was the first day I was staying at a friend's place there.

Here's the latest picture I have:

Here's an older one:

More details. Items with a "*" are non-stock or unique.

- Stock fork (02 black RockShox Psylo), in good shape, recently rebuilt
    - Hayes Mag disc brakes
    * - 8" rotor up front (stock 6" in back)
    * - Black "Dangerboy" 2-finger brake levers
    * - ODI lock-on grips
    * - Bontrager bar-ends (don't gimme a hard time!)
    * - Sensor on fork for Specialized Speedzone Pro cycle computer, empty mount on handlebar
    * - Front cables zip-tied to bottom of headset
    * - 2.5" WTB Weirwolf tire up front
    - 2.3" Specialized Enduro Pro tire in back
    * - Mavic F200 rims front and back, no stickers
    * - Thicker guage spokes than originals, don't remember the details
    - Stock Specialized stem, seatpost, cranks, chainwheels
    * - Shimano M545 pedals (silver cage)
    * - Fox "Itch" shock has modified black Lizard Skins protective boot
    * - Shock link has been replaced with a GOLD one (orignal was black)
    * - Serfas gel seat with "deep groove" or whatever it's called, super comfy

Please please please contact me if you have any info on this bike. This bike is my baby.

Thanks,
    Jim

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Bummer.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your bike. I think I've seen you at UCSC a few times. I ride a Red 5 Spot and a Silver Fuel 98.

I hope we can find the slimewads that took your ride. Bike theives should be treated the same way horse theives were treated in the old west.

Can you tell that I've had a bike stolen, too?

SS Clyde 29er

dude, call Dave's Used Bikes on Soquel...

let them know about ur bike in case someone approaches them about selling it. The Spokesman sometimes sells used bikes as well. Put the word out!

I am lost, I'm no guide

Bonking ... not feelin' well Total Bummer

This is my worst nightmare. I'd recommend putting ads up at the front registers at The Bike Trip, FCC, ABC, Spokesman, etc... I was just at FCC yesterday, and someone had an ad up on the bulletin board offering a reward for his recently stolen Bullit. What the hell is this world coming too? Bad karma in the air right now in Scruz... I hope you find it quickly and in better shape than when it was snaked...
    There is no food served in Santa Cruz, the rangers just bulldozed it all. - jschwart73

Jan 2004

God, that sucks...

the last time I was in SC I saw a SID and a front wheel locked to a bike rack on the street. No bike, just a fork and a wheel. Santa Cruz is starting to sound like a crappy place to leave a bike. I'm down in Monterey, but I'll definately keep an eye out for your bike.

the bomb

man that sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by jimw
    The irony is just this past weekend I finally hit all the stunts on mbxs so I was really looking forward to more riding.
    I can't ride any of that stuff (accept the smallest laddar bridge into the burm lower down). I just stare at it, and live vicariously through others.

that totally sucks! good luck man.
    Womanhood ain't for sissies.- oldbroad

mtbr member
    Thanks for the thoughts guys. No luck yet, but maybe Friday the 13th is my lucky day! When I dropped of a flyer at the Scotts Valley bike shop, I ran into the guy who had his Bullit stolen. Sounds like things are particularly bad in Santa Cruz bike-stealing-karma-wise. I'll probably be out patrolling the trails this weekend on a borrowed bike, but not holding out too much hope...

Oh, pfunk - as far as those stunts go... I found that they're mostly mental. Still some skill needed, but easier than they look. Good times, definitely much more fun with a bike though

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw
    Thanks for the thoughts guys. No luck yet, but maybe Friday the 13th is my lucky day! When I dropped of a flyer at the Scotts Valley bike shop, I ran into the guy who had his Bullit stolen. Sounds like things are particularly bad in Santa Cruz bike-stealing-karma-wise. I'll probably be out patrolling the trails this weekend on a borrowed bike, but not holding out too much hope...

Oh, pfunk - as far as those stunts go... I found that they're mostly mental. Still some skill needed, but easier than they look. Good times, definitely much more fun with a bike though
    Any luck on getting your bike back?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grover
    Any luck on getting your bike back?
    Nope. However, fortunately I have renter's insurance, which is going to cover it. Strangely enough, I'm ending up getting back way more than I paid for it. I'm not complaining! Time to go shopping...

I highly recommend insurance, especially around here.