mtbr member

SQlab saddles\bars

Anyone ride an SQlab saddle? Thinking of trying one out. Read a good review on Pinkbike. The 611 is what I'm looking at. Also curious about their bars with the aggressive back sweep. I have a hinky low back and wrist so I'm interested in their ergo technology.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I have the 611 saddle. I thought I made a huge mistake when I initially rode on it because it put pressure points directly on my sit bones, but after a bit of riding, I donít think I could have any other saddle. YMMV as saddles are so user specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I have 611 Ergowave Actives on both my bikes (bought 1 full price, 1 lightly used), and like (but not love) them. I've previously tried WTB Volt & Rocket and Ergon SMA. All of the other ones caused numbness. The SQLab eliminates the numbness, but it is definitely still firm. I use the medium elastomer at 160 lbs. After a 4 hour ride, I'm glad to be off the saddle. From what I understand though, making it more cushy would impede blood flow and cause numbness.

I never get lower back pain while seated on my bike, just on long descents (out of the saddle).

Moderator Moderator

wretch
    I hopped on a friends bike a month or so ago and was super suprised by the fit / feel. I recently put the 611 Carbon 150 on my Offering and love it. In the past i've sworn by Specialized in the 155 width or WTB's Volt. This is equal if not better in my fit / opinion.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    So good! My favorites.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I use the bars to help with arthritis in my right thumb--I has helped so I have been pleased----you may need to look at stem length as it does shorten seat to bars dimension about 10mm or so.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Similar to above, though ride the 60X. Have used Specialized Henge and Power at width 155 in the past, though still slightly too narrow for my sit bones. Only downfall is needing a longer dropper post, because there is no way to get behind the seat unless it's slammed down. 160mm was minimum for me, 175mm better.

mtbr member
    Does the offset affect steering? And the angle?
    Quote Originally Posted by pctloper View Post
    I use the bars to help with arthritis in my right thumb--I has helped so I have been pleased----you may need to look at stem length as it does shorten seat to bars dimension about 10mm or so.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrkrft69 View Post
    Anyone ride an SQlab saddle? Thinking of trying one out. Read a good review on Pinkbike. The 611 is what I'm looking at. Also curious about their bars with the aggressive back sweep. I have a hinky low back and wrist so I'm interested in their ergo technology.

Got the 611 carbon rails and love it. Just think I need wider though.

mtbr member
    I have a 612 active on the road bike, I like it. The mountain bikes have power saddles. I found that I didn't like the power saddle while wearing shorts with a chamois which is why I swapped out the saddle on the bike with skinny tires; too much padding.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Been on SQ saddles 2 years after years on WTB. SQ are pricey but if you find a dealer that allows a demo good way to know before buying. I demoíd it a Sports Basement. If your a bigger guy be sure to check weight limits, being 220 I only use the cro mo rails. I donít use the active rails.

Out spokin'
    If the SQlab saddle doesn't work out for you, give a look to the Fabric brand saddles.
    https://fabric.cc/products/saddles/
    Many models to choose from as you can see when you follow the link. Personally I fell in love with their Scoop Sport Radius -- I now have three of these. Inexpensive, comfortable, durable.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Asswipe
    I have 2 SQ Labs saddles on a couple bikes and one handlebar. I am a big fan of their sit bone measurement and saddle width formula. One on my endurance race bike (meant for 6+ hour rides) and one on my cross bike. I will use more SQ labs saddles on other bikes in the future.

I have a carbon 16 degree handlebar on my hardtail 29+ fun bike too. it's nice and compliant and I love the sweep.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I've been using the 611 saddle for a couple years now and really like it.
    Prior to that, I was a big fan of WTB saddles. Still am...basically any WTB saddle works for me. But the 611 is next level for me.

Re: the bars, I've not tried those, but I've been heckled for over a decade for rocking Jones bars whenever possible. I've also really liked running an Answer 20/20 bar which gives you that nice 20 degree rearward sweep but compensates for it with a 20 degree forward sweep before it sweeps back. That means you don't have to change stem length...an added benefit is that it provides some extra knee room if you're up out of the saddle in SS mode, for instance.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm using a 611 Ergowave and I think it's one of the best purchases I've made. You certainly need to get the right width (I suppose that's important for nearly all saddles). Also, and it takes a little bit of fiddling around to get the right fore/aft and tilt. However, now that it's dialed in I have a hard time seeing how I could go back to a regular saddle. If you know your width I have an older version I could sell to you cheap so you're not $100+ into a saddle you're not sure will work out for you. It was the wrong width for me. No pressure (pun intended).

My previous favorite was the ISM Adamo Peak. A little funky looking but it works well.

used to be RipRoar
    I went for the 610 as I needed wider. Even the ass-o-meter had me on a 143 but never felt correct. Went with my gut and the wider ends up feeling great.

You can only measure and read about if for so long, get ur ass on that thing!

Ride On

SQlab saddles\bars

Yes I had a 611 fancy schmancy one. I nick named it Sven on its first bikepacking trip and promptly sold it upon my return.

That of course means absolutely nothing. You may love it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I have 3 of the 611 143mm models. Great saddles but do take some time to adjust tilt. I have an extra carbon rail one if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Demon Cleaner
    Ive had a 611 for a couple of years and like it but when I switched to a different saddle (Anvl Forge) I found I prefer a firmer saddle with less nose. Still use both just fine.

Bicycling is politics by other means.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    I have 3 of the 611 143mm models. Great saddles but do take some time to adjust tilt. I have an extra carbon rail one if you are interested.

Tilt needs to be perfect to experience zen state on these.
    IPA will save America

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    If the SQlab saddle doesn't work out for you, give a look to the Fabric brand saddles.
    https://fabric.cc/products/saddles/
    Many models to choose from as you can see when you follow the link. Personally I fell in love with their Scoop Sport Radius -- I now have three of these. Inexpensive, comfortable, durable.
    =sParty
    Fabric is very good. They're a lot more rounded with a shape similar to the old Fizik Aliante. And a few of their saddles hava huge center channel. But cool company that brings new stuff to the table.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    On all my bikes... 611 & 612.

mtbr member
    Iíve had the 611 for about 2 months/30 rides and love it. Previously rocked a WTB Koda, which was awesome until it developed a super annoying creak, but I find the 611 to be just as comfortable and the slight shelf seems to help with stability while climbing and putting some power down. As long as it holds up well, Iíll probably start rocking a 611 on all my bikes.

"So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapapapa View Post
    I'm using a 611 Ergowave and I think it's one of the best purchases I've made. You certainly need to get the right width (I suppose that's important for nearly all saddles). Also, and it takes a little bit of fiddling around to get the right fore/aft and tilt. However, now that it's dialed in I have a hard time seeing how I could go back to a regular saddle. If you know your width I have an older version I could sell to you cheap so you're not $100+ into a saddle you're not sure will work out for you. It was the wrong width for me. No pressure (pun intended).

My previous favorite was the ISM Adamo Peak. A little funky looking but it works well.
    I need a 13cm

mtbr member

Is it a 13cm?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Is it a 13cm?

Yes

mtbr member
    Yes

That works, is it an ergowave S-tube? Where are you located?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    That works, is it an ergowave S-tube? Where are you located?

Ergowave non active carbon rail, Maryland

mtbr member
    Ergowave non active carbon rail, Maryland

Hmmmm, I'm pretty set on active. But thanks tho.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Are there any shops out there that demo these saddles? The WTB Volt on my Tallboy has been good, but not great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    According to their website there are. You can also supposedly demo and send it back if it doesn't work for you. As long as you keep the saddle COMPLETELY unmarked (lol it's a mtb)

mtbr member

Itís ok

Got ďfittedĒ for the 611 Active Saddle a few years ago at Sea Otter. The rep sold me on all that new age flexing stuff.
    Results? Yeah, itís ok. Doesnít hurt. It no more or less comfy than the WTB Volt that came on my SC Solo. I kinda expected a big difference, but in the end (pun intended) itís a good saddle. Looks cool with the orange stitching!

Asswipe
    Quote Originally Posted by sa12 View Post
    Are there any shops out there that demo these saddles? The WTB Volt on my Tallboy has been good, but not great.
    There's a dealer locator at the top of the page if you go to the website.

My LBS (in NY) carries demo saddles and has a bunch hanging on the wall for sale. They also have the sit bone measurement "chair" thing. it's a good program.
    Last edited by *OneSpeed*; 1 Week Ago at 06:43 AM.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I need a 13cm

Sorry, I didn't see this until today. Yes, I believe it is a 13. I can verify later today.

mtbr member
    Great , lmk. Is it an ergowave active as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapapapa View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see this until today. Yes, I believe it is a 13. I can verify later today.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    There's a dealer locator at the top of the page if you go to the website.

My LBS (in NY) carries demo saddles and has a bunch hanging on the wall for sale. They also have the sit bone measurement "chair" thing. it's a good program.
    I used that and most of the shops listed in Marin county either didn't have any or had very limited stock. Maybe sports basement? Mike's bikes is listed and had never heard of them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Great , lmk. Is it an ergowave active as well?

I bought it off of ebay March of 2017. I looked it up in my purchase history since I'm not at home currently. It's a 611 Active (13). I don't think they had "Ergowave" in the name then. However, I don't think there is a difference. It has the three elastomers and I'll include them. It was too slim for me but the 14 was perfect. The shape of the old vs new model is a little different as well. Google it then you can PM me if you want. I didn't pay that much for it and it's just sitting in my box of spares.