South Lake Tahoe Trail Advice- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

South Lake Tahoe Trail Advice

Going to South Lake Tahoe in October, this is basically a once a year trip that my brother flys in for, so this is usually his one time mountain biking for the year. The past trips we have done the Flume, Powerline, and Mt Rose to Spooner via the Flume.

Open to suggestions for our next ride.

Here are few options I have seen in various South Lake Tahoe ride websites

Xmas Valley
    Kingsbury to Spooner

Ideally would like to stay on the southside but will drive if necessary...I've seen a few options for that too

Emmigrant Gap
    HITG
    Sawtooth Ridge

Let me know

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    spooner summit to kingsbury and back
    sweet 24 miles best of tahoe
    the final 5 miles downhill back to spooner is great when there is moisture in the soil

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i just did this route on Sat..but started at kingsbury.

the kinsbury to bench side is the TECHY side..the bench to spooner very smooth ST down and back up..we did the 24 miles starting at kinsbury in about 7 hours..including 2 nice long 20 minute breaks plus a few shorter ones. we were taking our time...GREAT GREAT RIDE! id say honestly either direction yer fine..but DO THE WHOLE out and back..so worth it.

Gizzard

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewke
    Going to South Lake Tahoe in October, this is basically a once a year trip that my brother flys in for, so this is usually his one time mountain biking for the year. The past trips we have done the Flume, Powerline, and Mt Rose to Spooner via the Flume.

Open to suggestions for our next ride.

Here are few options I have seen in various South Lake Tahoe ride websites

Xmas Valley
    Kingsbury to Spooner

Ideally would like to stay on the southside but will drive if necessary...I've seen a few options for that too

Emmigrant Gap
    HITG
    Sawtooth Ridge

Let me know

Thanks in advance
    Tahoe Rim Trail: Stagecoach to Armstrong Pass to Corral to Powerline. Nuff said
    "Time won't leave me as I am "

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! Can be done with a lot of climb up Fountain Place Road to Armstrong Pass trail to Tahoe Rim Trail and then down Toad's which is also known as Saxon Creek Trail (4-6 hour ride) or by climbing up South Upper Truckee Road and through the Big Meadow campground road onto the Rim Trail (3-5 hour ride) or by shuttle drop at the top of Luther Pass (2-3 hour ride). Christmas Valley trail is also really nice these days. Start on the Tahoe Rim Trail at Big Meadow and head towards Round Lake making a left onto the Tahoe Valley Trail that ends up on South Upper Truckee Road.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've done Mr Toads Wild Ride, it was awesome, but since my brother only rides once a year, that ride may be a bit much for him.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I (Tahoegirly) run Wanna Ride-Tahoe Bike Shuttle and we do point to point shuttles in the South Tahoe area. Just call (775) 588-5800 or email [email protected] to set it up.

I think we want to do a point to point shuttle so I'll be hitting you up next month.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Ride Rose to Kingsbury. That's a great ride. and have Wanna Ride drop you off.

I just read you are riding w/ someone who rides once a year... that might be too much. I ride on a regular basis Powerlines out to Corral and then Corral and Trout Creek. That's a lovely and diverse loop.

Members who have read this thread: 0