SMD / BTCEB Rides for May / June- Mtbr.com
    Feeling a little taller

SMD / BTCEB Rides for May / June

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay
    presents on behalf of
    Save Mount Diablo
    Spring on the Mountain 2006

So far, we've had a blast on the rides in the parks around Mt. D and the mountain itself. We've got 3 more rides planned in this series and they all sound like loads of fun!

May 13, Saturday 8:30 A.M.
    Mount Diablo State Park, Oyster Point
    Leader Nick Maufe, 925-719-2504. Meet at Morgan Territory Regional Preserve - Finley Road. From 680 take Sycamore Valley Road or Crow Canyon Road to the intersection of Blackhawk Road and Camino Tassajara, Head east on Camino Tassajara about 3 miles, make left on Finley Road. Limited unorganized roadside parking one-half mile before the large white gate. From 580 take the Santa Rita / Tassajara Rd exit, head north on Tassajara Rd approx 7 miles, make Rt turn on Finley Road.
    A tour of the more remote Oyster Point, south-east section of Mount Diablo State Park. A strenuous ride of approximately 16 miles and 3000' gain. Rain cancels.

May 21, Sunday, 9:30 A.M.
    Brushy Peak
    Leader Chris Towles, 510-229-0023. Meet at Brushy Peak Regional Preserve - Staging Area - from I-580 in Livermore, exit north at Vasco Road, turn right onto Northfront Road, then left on Laughlin Road, to the staging area at the end.
    This is a mountain biking tour of newly opened Brushy Peak. This is an exploratory ride, for all levels who want to visit Brushy Peak. Rain cancels.

June 4, Sunday 10:00 A.M.
    Shell Ridge and Diablo Foothills
    Leader Mike McCormack, 925-942-3653. Meet at Shell Ridge Open Space - Indian Valley School, end of Marshall
    Drive in Walnut Creek.
    We will ride the Briones to Mount Diablo Trail to the China Wall Formation for lunch and an unobstructed view of Mount Diablo.
    Beginner / Intermediate. Rain Cancels.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

mtbr member
    Roll Call? Any other locals riding this Saturday? I'll be there if my bike is complete. If not, I'll ride Monday after work.
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ0913
    Roll Call? Any other locals riding this Saturday? I'll be there if my bike is complete. If not, I'll ride Monday after work.
    Sorry you didn't make it, LJ. It was a great ride.

We climbed up a bunch of fireroads. Each one was a bit steeper than the one before and eventually, I had to walk a couple.

The ride Leader, Nick, did a great job of showing us the magnificant singletrack that is Oyster Point.

Rich was along again as was Drew and we also met Brad, one of Nick's regular ride buddies.

The chronicle of today's ride can be found at https://www.brionesmafia.com/home.htm

Here are some pictures from the ride:

Brad and Nick

Rich and Nick

Nick and Drew. Nick is about to give Drew a wet willie.

Brad, Rich and Nick looking at Diablo from a different perspective

Do you see the singletrack in this picture? Neither did I until I started riding through the grass.

Drew

The view from a foliage break

Another view of Diablo

Oct 2004
    Looks like a good ride, sorry I missed it. I would have much rather been out riding with you guys than spending my morning at work. Since LJ didn't make it, I guess we will have to do our own ride out there. I know he really wanted to ride the singletrack.

mtbr member
    Boy yesterday was depressing! Perfect weather with that nice slight breeze hitting you while making those long East Bay climbs. Yep-ibiGuy was right out of all the SMD rides this was the one I was REALLY looking forward too, oh well I'll stop crying now! (Need a longer BB for my new setup) It's amazing how much you can get done on a Saturday morning, but still I'd rather be on the bike!

Thanks Dan'ger for the pictures and a write-up, looks like a great time was had by all.

I am off to the Mothball Fleet to see if I can't catch me a big one!

(Don't forgot to call your mum!)

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller
    Hmm, I forgot my folks will be in town so I'll have to forgo the Brushy Peak ride. Still never been there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    Hmm, I forgot my folks will be in town so I'll have to forgo the Brushy Peak ride. Still never been there.
    I am riding Saturday I am out as well. I will be at the June 4th ride.

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller
    Last ride of this series, folks. Sounds like a fun one and in easy commute from central East Bay locations!

mtbr member
    I am in.

You Auburn folks have a great time! I'll be thinking of ya when I am at the China Wall eating my PB&J!

-Joe Louis

Dec 2005
    I'm down for this ride.

Rich

Members who have read this thread: 0