SKYLINE NAPA THUR ABOUT 8:45 am- Mtbr.com
    Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010

SKYLINE NAPA THUR ABOUT 8:45 am

If anyone is interested, I am Taking off from NAPA Junior College at about 8:45am on 8/25. Single speed fast up Buckeye, Then Counterclockwise to main gate, then back down skyline trail to lot. Maybe 2hrs? I don't stop much, kind of a grinder ride. logging off but will check post in am

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010

No Takers, so took gear bike

Skyline is always great climbing. Started at 9 and the fog was still around, along with turkeys, dew on spiderwebs, fog rolling across lake Marie. Really some of the best climbs/descents in the bay for 2.5 hours of pure single track. Never a need for fireroads in that park. Saw the biggest rattlesnake in my life-so scary to hear rattle in person.
    not even cool so creepy. Always challenging as you go fast and try to make all sections w/ no foot-dabs. Sun came out about 10, so go early to avoid 95 degrees and hikers up Buckeye. Ride back to Napa college is always awesome fast techy trail too-If not too busy. Paying $ at main entrance is cool too to support the park and I try to do that once in a while.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolie View Post
    Skyline is always great climbing. Started at 9 and the fog was still around, along with turkeys, dew on spiderwebs, fog rolling across lake Marie. Really some of the best climbs/descents in the bay for 2.5 hours of pure single track. Never a need for fireroads in that park. Saw the biggest rattlesnake in my life-so scary to hear rattle in person.
    not even cool so creepy. Always challenging as you go fast and try to make all sections w/ no foot-dabs. Sun came out about 10, so go early to avoid 95 degrees and hikers up Buckeye. Ride back to Napa college is always awesome fast techy trail too-If not too busy. Paying $ at main entrance is cool too to support the park and I try to do that once in a while.
    Just so ya know Skyline is free if you ride a bike in, walk in. No charge. Skyline is great it is like my own private trail network mid day during the week.

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010

I go free about 1 in 5 times

The point I was making is that this is a resource that we want to keep open, so I pay sometimes. Like Tamarancho, I poach half the year and buy a Half Yr pass every year to help keep the private park in the cheese.

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    oops, I meant I pay 1 in 5 times.

NedwannaB

Liked the first way you said it

Quote Originally Posted by hoolie View Post
    oops, I meant I pay 1 in 5 times.
    And as for Tamarancho, why not pay for the whole time you ride there? You're not cheating the Govmn't, just the scouts. You one of those who sneak into another movie after the one you paid for is over too.....
    Ripley V1 XC/Gravel Adventure rig
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack

Reborn Smasher
    Aug 2011
    Im sure I cant keep up with ya'll but its nice to see people still riding this park. If I can ever find a new frame, I'll be out there again.