Skyline in Napa questions...- Mtbr.com
    Always last

Skyline in Napa questions...

First on the fireroad coming down is there anything I could do to regain my confidence going down? I crashed and burned pretty bad and since then, I'm afraid to go down it. Oh and is it physically possible to ride up skyline trail from the bottom? I happened to have to walk the whole way up, because it is so rocky, so has anybody actually been able to ride the whole way up?

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch021
    First on the fireroad coming down is there anything I could do to regain my confidence going down? I crashed and burned pretty bad and since then, I'm afraid to go down it. Oh and is it physically possible to ride up skyline trail from the bottom? I happened to have to walk the whole way up, because it is so rocky, so has anybody actually been able to ride the whole way up?
    Yes Skyline can be cleaned... If I can do it, you can do it.

Lake Marie FR is pretty tame. All I can say is brake before the corner and take it easy 'til you get your nerve back. Or just ride the single track and forget the fireroad.

mtbr member
    May 2007

gravel sucks

I hate that fireroad descent -- the gravel fills me with dread. Also, the singletrack is really, really sweet, so I only take lake marie going up. My route last time I rode there was to go up the fireroad until just before the lake, and turn off and go up to skyline. Then, skyline/lower skyline/buckeye back. I crashed up there, but it was from sightseeing.

Members who have read this thread: 0