Skin heads Indian Valley Campground (Downieville)- Mtbr.com
    Founder: Dirty3hirties

Skin heads Indian Valley Campground (Downieville)

I wasn't going to mention this....but I was kinda reminded of it.

Anyone else hear about this problem? My friends and I were in Downieville this past weekend (we were at Wild Plum) and heard from a Ranger that there's a problem with skinheads bothering visitors. She mentioned only Indian Valley....but Ramshorn and Rocky Rest are just right there.

I didn't hear about it first hand...my buddy arrived a day earlier than I did so the ranger talked to him about it. She said that when visitors complained about any incidents and when the rangers step in they would say something to the affect of "....this is our land....".

Anyone else been to Downieville recently? We would have rather stayed at Rocky Rest but it being so close to Indian Valley, it was probably better that we were at Wild Plum.....but for future visits....I'd like to hear if anyone else has heard the same thing.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    wut?

are you saying skinheads (of the 'OI!' bomber wearing doc sporting variety) are hassling MTB'ers in D-Ville?

really?
    Click Here for Forum Rules

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    *Quincy/High Sierra 'Wannabe-A55-Tards is more like it. There's been people getting harassed and stuff stolen from campsites along with a couple of vehicle break-ins.

The general rules of camping still apply. Go in a group, have more than one person stay to watch your stuff, and have the Sheriff's # handy b/c the Ranger won't be able to enforce anything w/o a Law Enforcement Officer Present.

In our case recently, they started in with stuff like inappropriate comments/come-on lines w/ my sister-in law so we went ballistic on them, ended up canceling our stay and made Visa give us a refund b/c they cannot insure camper safety or reasonable expectations of an enjoyable stay as in the past.

I think it's b/c people are really tight on money now, so the a55-h0les are staying closer instead of traveling further or higher up the hills to the other lakes and areas.

Same thing with South Lake Tahoe lately from what I just heard from a co-worker.

Pretty sad IMHO. if they're locals they're just shooting themselves in the heads.
    Last edited by Obi; 07-28-2010 at 11:18 AM.

mtbr member
    south lake tahoe? so now the skinheads own the lake and all the ski resorts around there too?

a buddy of mine ran into a crew of skinheads at a bar an hour north of san diego...funny how it's always in areas where there are hardly any minorities.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by obionespeedonly
    *Quincy/High Sierra 'Wannabe-A55-Tards is more like it. There's been people getting harassed and stuff stolen from campsites along with a couple of vehicle break-ins.

The general rules of camping still apply. Go in a group, have more than one person stay to watch your stuff, and have the Sheriff's # handy b/c the Ranger won't be able to enforce anything w/o a Law Enforcement Officer Present.

In our case recently, they started in with stuff like inappropriate comments/come-on lines w/ my sister-in law so we went ballistic on them, ended up canceling our stay and made Visa give us a refund b/c they cannot insure camper safety or reasonable expectations of an enjoyable stay as in the past.

I think it's b/c people are really tight on money now, so the a55-h0les are staying closer instead of traveling further or higher up the hills to the other lakes and areas.

Same thing with South Lake Tahoe lately from what I just heard from a co-worker.

Pretty sad IMHO. if they're locals they're just shooting themselves in the heads.
    Were these high school kids that were also camping or older dudes just up there to start sh!t?

Totally, and to the max.
    This all sounds like a bunch of hearsay, but nonetheless, there are TONS of places in this beautiful state that you can encounter seriously surly dudes. Having good people skills and not coming off like a bay area ******bag (not at all impying you or your friend were) are probably among the best ways to avoid issues with said surly dudes. Of course, knowing how to kick some serious punk a$$ helps too....

mtbr member
    Skinheads?

Do they hate on Russians too?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    wut?

are you saying skinheads (of the 'OI!' bomber wearing doc sporting variety) are hassling MTB'ers in D-Ville?

really?
    I'm curious on how they would fit all of their camping supplies on their vespas, right?

I don't picture these dudes camping

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Don't take it personal.Real skinheads are disrespectful and hate everyone, including each other. I have to step in between them constantly in prison.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fred-da-trog
    Don't take it personal.Real skinheads are disrespectful and hate everyone, including each other. I have to step in between them constantly in prison.
    Meh, they were pretty close to my description above.

Wannabe Punks, not Skins by any means b/c to a degree you can somehow always reason with a Skin, like said above, if you act right and know how to talk to people.

Seriously I think it was just a bunch of 18-23yr old Valley Dorks or Reno wannabe's out for a girls day trip to feel better about their insecure, thieving selves. I've seen them in Quincy, usually being from the place on Nord in Chico that's always getting busted.

mtbr member
    they could be disgruntled ex-miners who lost their claim and now don't have anything better to do with their time...
    "Time won't leave me as I am "

mtbr member
    I can care less about someone trying to act a fool but the idea of having stuff stolen from camp sucks.

mtbr member
    I knew this would happen once we let all the white people cross the border illegally...

mtbr member
    ^^^^ hahahahaha
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Here's close to what the two meatheads we dealt with were dressed like, not skins by any means IMHO..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by obionespeedonly
    Here's close to what the two meatheads we dealt with were dressed like, not skins by any means IMHO..
    F'n gutter punks!

mtbr member
    How many of you responding to this thread are Non-white?
    If there are real racist pigs in Downieville harassing minorities then this is no joke. I hope the police are taking it seriously.

People can get seriously injured or killed. I don't think anyone should take this lightly.
    A hate crime is a serious offense. If anyone attacks or harasses another while making racial slurs, it's a hate crime.

It's sad to hear about such things.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    There are skinheads that are just about anarchy and then you have your neo nazi type. The former is more than likely what these individuals are all about. Just punks who haven't found better things to do with their time. Usually they get their ass kicked by nazi skinheads. Pretty ironic.

Totally, and to the max.
    I don't think anyone here is white. Personally, I'm Scottish and Native American. Not sure what "white" is. Are you "yellow"?

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max
    I don't think anyone here is white. Personally, I'm Scottish and Native American. Not sure what "white" is. Are you "yellow"?
    Well put.

Dirt Deviant
    I'm pink.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by savagemann
    I'm pink.
    No you're not, she is..

and I'm a purple monkey dishwasher?

Busy
    Skin heads? Shoot them- you were scared for your life.

mtbr member
    Wait until the Clampers show up...

mtbr member
    You never know what type of people you'll run into out in the wilderness while riding trails. My buddy and I ran into a guy with a shotgun who said he was hunting "wabbits". No $hit. But he for some reason set off my spidey senses. Hillybilly type, thought he might have a thing against bikers..... Rode away quick while watching my back.
    A man of sound mind is one who keeps the inner mad man under lock and key.

mtbr member
    Take the Skinheads bowling

功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

Members who have read this thread: 0