Skeggs Full Day- Mtbr.com

Thread: Skeggs Full Day

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Skeggs Full Day

I'm heading to Skeggs for the first time and was hoping to get a good loop recommendation. 20-30 miles. Seems like there has been a lot of reroutes and trail openings lately, so nothing seems too up to date. Also don't want to throw something together on trailforks and climb heavily trafficked downhills. Don't mind hitting a trail twice if that's the move. Thanks for any beta.

mtbr member
    I would hit Oljon to Blue Blossom to CrossCut/Crossover to Giant Salamander to Methuselah to South Leaf (down and up) to North Leaf to El Corte de Madera Creek climb back to Sierra Moreno to Methuselah to Manzanita up Timberview and out. Be ready for some climbing.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    the climbing to distance ratio is a little higher at skeggs so here is a route i recently did thats 22 miles and 3800ft

oljon to blue blossom, up crosscut up timberview, down manzanita right timberview to giant salamader, up methuselah, down resolution, north leaf, south leaf, up star hill rd right skyline, sierra morena back to the lot

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    22:3800 looks pretty good, relatively. I've been playing around with ideas for loops up there and always seem to hit 3500' by mile 15.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Thanks for the help guys. Put together 5k's route with resolution thrown in as an out/back per rox's recommendation. Stoked looking at the elevation chart, reminds me of CO.

Edit: Trailforks puts that at 20mi 3700ft for anyone wondering. https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/view/118625/

mtbr member
    Great route! Just keep an eye out climbing Resolution. Lots fast riders coming down with blind corners and very narrow trail with steep ledges. I usually ring my bell climbing around tight corners there.

You can also sometimes see the crash remains of the Resolution about 1/2 way up the trail. Google the coordinates if you ride with a GPS.

Let us know how it goes!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Great route! Just keep an eye out climbing Resolution. Lots fast riders coming down with blind corners and very narrow trail with steep ledges. I usually ring my bell climbing around tight corners there.

You can also sometimes see the crash remains of the Resolution about 1/2 way up the trail. Google the coordinates if you ride with a GPS.

Let us know how it goes!
    I usually ride during the week early afternoon, but I'll consider ditching it if there's a lot of people out. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by seanpatrickb View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. Put together 5k's route with resolution thrown in as an out/back per rox's recommendation. Stoked looking at the elevation chart, reminds me of CO.

Edit: Trailforks puts that at 20mi 3700ft for anyone wondering. https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/view/118625/
    Interesting. CalTopo puts it at 19.3, 4700'.

Edit: CalTopo also calls rox's route 20.1 miles, 4260'. I think I'll start using Trailforks for planning so it sounds less worse, and CalTopo for post-ride stats for the ego boost.
    2017 Jamis DragonSlayer Pro
    1995 Trek 930

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Route updated with resolution ridden one way as a loop.

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/view/118682/