Shop recommendation for Santa Cruz service near Rocklin- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Shop recommendation for Santa Cruz service near Rocklin

Need to find a shop to do the yearly service on my Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc near Rocklin and was hoping for a recommendation. I know Bike Emporium and Bike Plus are close by but never have been to either shop. Also do most of you have the suspension serviced every six or twelve months. I ride at least 2-3 times a week and have Fox components. Probably need to watch some YouTube videos and learn to do myself when I find some free time.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    nobody??

Sweater

Shop recommendation for Santa Cruz service near Rocklin

I've been to all the shops in the area but typically do all my service so I can't really speak to that. I've had good customer service in them all. The Hub is my go to shop in the area. I bought my first MTB there and they've been good to me. I won't say they're perfect. I will say that I've broken 3 frames and each time they've given me a loaner bike to keep me riding while waiting on the warranty department. As far Fox stuff goes, I serviced mine once year or every other year and it's fine. Some folks like doing in more often, I'd rather ride though and don't want to spend $500 a year paying someone to do it.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***

mtbr member
    Peter,

Personally I prefer Bicycle Emporium and Auburn Bike Works for mtb parts and service. Victory Velo is also in Auburn but seems more of a roadie shop, but cool people and am sure they are every bit qualified.

I usually replace the dust seals and such each year, but a full service every year is overkill for my amount of riding. I clean the stanchions after each ride which really helps to limit the degradation of the seals. Of course everyone's needs are different based upon their amount of miles. I'll service the oil every year or so at most, but a full rebuild just isn't needed for the average joe every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker View Post
    "yeah, she's fat, but you'd take her for a ride." :D

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks Jason. I stopped by the Bike Emporium yesterday and Travis was really helpful. So it sounds like changing the oil and seals in the shocks and forks once a year is adequate. I'll probably have Bike Empprium do it or if I have some free time I just may watch some how to videos on youtube and do it myself. Can't be that difficult.

-Pete

mtbr member
    Ya I prefer to have them do the service. That way any repairs are covered and warranties are much more likely to be covered. Plus I make an appt drop of the bike and ride the other in Auburn...win win.
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker View Post
    "yeah, she's fat, but you'd take her for a ride." :D

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sorry for calling you the wrong name again. I always get you confused with my foiling buddy. Getting old sucks!!