Shell Ridge Open Space:Walnut Creek- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Shell Ridge Open Space:Walnut Creek

Just wanted to pass this on. Shell Ridge is in great shape. Not too many people only saw two runners, and one hiker. I wanted to exit where we exited on the "SMD Rock City" ride, but that didn't happen. Took the wrong turn (went right, should have gone left) so I missed that exit by about 2 miles. Nevertheless it was great to get out and ride!

Thanks again Dan'ger for my BTCEB socks, VTT was right they make one super fast! If you're not a member of BTCEB join now, and join the Singletrack Society and get a free pair of socks! How's that for viral marketing?

MotionBased Ride Here!
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ0913
    Just wanted to pass this on. Shell Ridge is in great shape. Not too many people only saw two runners, and one hiker. I wanted to exit where we exited on the "SMD Rock City" ride, but that didn't happen. Took the wrong turn (went right, should have gone left) so I missed that exit by about 2 miles. Nevertheless it was great to get out and ride!

Thanks again Dan'ger for my BTCEB socks, VTT was right they make one super fast! If you're not a member of BTCEB join now, and join the Singletrack Society and get a free pair of socks! How's that for viral marketing?

MotionBased Ride Here!
    So what's the word on Indigenous Peoples Valley School???

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    where do you enter/exit and ride in shell ridge? i ride in there as part of a bigger loop i do that includes parts of diablo foothills, old borges, diablo state park but i don't really know where trailheads are just for shell ridge. happy to hear it's in good shape, i should head out there...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cohenfive
    where do you enter/exit and ride in shell ridge? i ride in there as part of a bigger loop i do that includes parts of diablo foothills, old borges, diablo state park but i don't really know where trailheads are just for shell ridge. happy to hear it's in good shape, i should head out there...
    I wasn't clear in my original post due to lack of food! I had this conversation with another MTBR member today and to me Shell Ridge/Diablo Foothills is one big blurb, so what I meant was Shell Ridge/Diablo Foothills.

With that; I started this ride at Walnut Creek Bart station. My route was enter Shell Ridge on Marshall Ave then I took the Briones to Mount Diablo trail->Twin Ponds Trail->Hanging Valley Trail (<-don't recommend it, it's a TOUGH uphill grind heading S.East.) After the hike a bike section I connected to Alamo Trail then back on Briones to Mount Diablo. This is where I made my wrong turn. I should have stay on Briones Mount Diablo trail to connect to Wall Point, but instead I made a turn and had a cliff bar at China Wall. I mounted back up and connected with Buckeye Ravine Trail to Stonegate Trail which spit me out about 2 miles from home. My original plan was to ride up Wall Point trail and take the right to exit the park before the big climb up to Rock City, but I've only been that way once with VTT back in October and I was trying to rely on memory and the map I left at my desk. I'll be doing this ride hopefully next Wed or Thurs depending on when I get my bike back from the shop if anyone is interested. We can exit Livorna Road in Alamo, or Stone Valley Road.
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

Members who have read this thread: 0