Sequoia and Sierra USFS Plan Revision- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Sequoia and Sierra USFS Plan Revision

***Call to Action: Every 15-20 years each National Forest develops a forest plan which considers how to best manage the forest while providing for multiple uses. With the growing popularity of mountain biking and our increasing numbers this is gives us an extremely valuable opportunity to advocate for our sport and influence the way in which our forests are managed, access to current trails, and potential for new trail networks.

The USFS is giving us a chance to be heard and shape how we recreate in the future. Remember, the antis (sierra club, etc) are also putting their positions and comments together so it is extremely important to get as many people commenting as possible in support. From our meetings with the USFS they would like to see as many people enjoying our public lands as possible. So please make every effort to comment on this issue.

For our official Yosemite South Gate Trail Coalition letter and a sample letter to get you started on your own comments please head to:

https://www.southgatetrails.org/news
    Last edited by Duffman1976; 09-19-2019 at 04:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Solid. I for one have epic writers block when it comes to these things, but I found the example of what to write very helpful.

https://www.southgatetrails.org/news.../sample-letter

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by twowheelmotion View Post
    Solid. I for one have epic writers block when it comes to these things, but I found the example of what to write very helpful.

https://www.southgatetrails.org/news.../sample-letter
    Don't copy and paste that letter. Rewrite it in your words. Make it personal. Specifically mention which trails you ride or want to see open to bikes. Talk about what you do while riding (ride to a fishing spot, bikepacking, how many ride with you, etc.)
    Those letter receive more weight than mass form letters.
    Do not take anything I post seriously. I don't.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    This is an amazing a area with alot of killer riding. Please comment.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dave54 View Post
    Don't copy and paste that letter. Rewrite it in your words. Make it personal. Specifically mention which trails you ride or want to see open to bikes. Talk about what you do while riding (ride to a fishing spot, bikepacking, how many ride with you, etc.)
    Those letter receive more weight than mass form letters.
    It's a sample letter, so yeah.. Take it for what it is, and write your own letter. For those with writers block, like me, this is a good example of what to write rather than "please build more trails, thanks"