Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

Second deleted thread in a month

Keep it up mods. Doing a great job silencing people. If you canít handle my PG opinion on off topic threads or Toyota Tundra love youíre heavily flawed. But Bob-o can go on a tirade lmao.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    *shrug*

Happens man. A lot of people like the diversity of threads because NorCal is more of a community sub-forum as opposed to a strict parts/activity/bike specific sub-forum. Others like yourself find it annoying. You can't please everyone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    *shrug*

Happens man. A lot of people like the diversity of threads because NorCal is more of a community sub-forum as opposed to a strict parts/activity/bike specific sub-forum. Others like yourself find it annoying. You can't please everyone.
    very weak - if its a sub forum and if people like diversity why delete any non vulgar thread? Pretty sure this thread should be deleted for its wickedly vulgar, racist, politically charged content. Or am I just touching someoneís big plastic ego?

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by dchester View Post
    very weak - if its a sub forum and if people like diversity why delete any non vulgar thread? Pretty sure this thread should be deleted for its wickedly vulgar, racist, politically charged content. Or am I just touching someoneís big plastic ego?
    Sounds like itís gonna be a long Winter for you...get out for a ride ASAP

As far as thread deletion...I think Iíve got you beat. Klurejr used to delete my threads all the time, almost as fast as I was posting them...and I was a mod

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Sounds like itís gonna be a long Winter for you...get out for a ride ASAP

As far as thread deletion...I think Iíve got you beat. Klurejr used to delete my threads all the time, almost as fast as I was posting them...and I was a mod
    If thats the way it is its utterly the weakest thing here and none of my comments went against any guidelines. The entire housing thread checks a couple of the guidelines boxes though.

I do ride, no worries there. I post here enough to know my comments are harmless. But feel free to delete whatever floats your boat. Been using mtbr since its inception - im starting to question my social media habits now.

I thought it was funny my Tundra thread was deleted. Probably offended that one Tacoma owner. You know that one.

Not helpful.
    "Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos announced Wednesday that he and his wife, MacKenzie Bezos, were getting divorced after 25 years of marriage. Bezos is the world's richest man."

Not for long!

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I've been looking at it lately like delete my account instead of deleting threads.

I've been forum moderators. When moderators try to do what is asked of them the members form a mutiny. Moderators are moderators for a reason. Because they understand what crosses the line. And understand what battles to fight. There are a lot of folks interested in flagging a thread, just like there people who stand up for their belief and continue back and forth banter. In both cases, both feel in the right and that it's always the other persons responsibility to bow down.

The past couple weeks here on MTBR forums have seen a lot of instigating and arguing. It's pretty unpleasant to try answering a question and have to read by 20 comments before you can answer a question. It's becoming not worth it.

I'm pretty new here, signing on in October. I was pretty happy to see how civil our members are. How well detailed posts are crafted. The proper use of thread titles. And how much positive attitude and advice there is.

Since about Mid December, it's turned into a political argument fest and less bike-related discussions, in my opinion.

My workflow here daily is to check up on my subscribed threads. Then if/when there is time I read "todays posts". In my subscriptions, things change daily with worsening content. And the today's posts, many are new threads that almost seem to be created as a way to instigate.

Like I said, it's almost not even worth it to try to weed through a thread just to see if there have been good answers between the arguing and name calling.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Rider View Post
    I've been looking at it lately like delete my account instead of deleting threads.

I've been forum moderators. When moderators try to do what is asked of them the members form a mutiny. Moderators are moderators for a reason. Because they understand what crosses the line. And understand what battles to fight. There are a lot of folks interested in flagging a thread, just like there people who stand up for their belief and continue back and forth banter. In both cases, both feel in the right and that it's always the other persons responsibility to bow down.

The past couple weeks here on MTBR forums have seen a lot of instigating and arguing. It's pretty unpleasant to try answering a question and have to read by 20 comments before you can answer a question. It's becoming not worth it.

I'm pretty new here, signing on in October. I was pretty happy to see how civil our members are. How well detailed posts are crafted. The proper use of thread titles. And how much positive attitude and advice there is.

Since about Mid December, it's turned into a political argument fest and less bike-related discussions, in my opinion.

My workflow here daily is to check up on my subscribed threads. Then if/when there is time I read "todays posts". In my subscriptions, things change daily with worsening content. And the today's posts, many are new threads that almost seem to be created as a way to instigate.

Like I said, it's almost not even worth it to try to weed through a thread just to see if there have been good answers between the arguing and name calling.
    Lots of truth here. Petty stuff really. There is a great deal of valuable information here but that has waned in the past year. The ďundergroundĒ vibe is lost. Itís all corporate now and thatís cool. Good time to buy a Tundra right now.

mtbr member
    This board is a good ol' boys club and if you're in you're in and if you're not, you're not.

The favoritism and hypocrisy is so strong. Lame as hell.
    East Bay Parks AKA East Bay Cattle Ranches

poser
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_510 View Post
    This board is a good ol' boys club and if you're in you're in and if you're not, you're not.

I always felt that way ever since I joined, but I come and go and don't really care about making my mark on here. Its an older crowd, I just need something to do when its slow at work

fc
    head minion Administrator
    We gotta hold it together.

This is the time of year when nobody's riding, the credit card bills are coming due and our body and minds are seizing up due to the lack of endorphins. It's angry season.

But the Norcal forum is pretty awesome. We'll guide it the right way and try to avoid to many off-topic and those with non-regional context.

Its's a group of great posters though and I like hearing from folks I've ridden with or have steered my right/wrong in the past with their post.

And if a post is no good, scroll down and let it die with zero replies....

Aquaman is meh btw. Wife loved it though. Bird Box... now that's good. Better value too.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    But Bob-o can go on a tirade lmao.
    I've never had a thread deleted because I've never started one...
    and I don't drive a Tundra

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I missed the drama.

I once got called out on a thread and it angered me. My friend told me arguing on a forum is just like competing in the Special Olympics. You may win, you may lose but in the end youíre both still ďspecialĒ.

Forums are so fun. Iíll stop when they stop being that.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by langster831 View Post
    I always felt that way ever since I joined, but I come and go and don't really care about making my mark on here. Its an older crowd, I just need something to do when its slow at work
    Well we gotta hang out and ride then. Drink some expired Pliny! Where do you live?
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Lots of truth here. Petty stuff really. There is a great deal of valuable information here but that has waned in the past year. The ďundergroundĒ vibe is lost. Itís all corporate now and thatís cool. Good time to buy a Tundra right now.
    The "underground" vibe of mountain biking is lost and MTBR is just a small part of that. There's more money being exchanged now than ever in mountain biking so why would we expect a little forum to not get swept up in it along with everyone else? I got tired of it and found more underground sports that have gone neglected due to the inflation in mountain biking.

Formerly of Kent

Yep.

Any OT thread posted by a chosen few is good to go. Not one of those people? Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

poser
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Well we gotta hang out and ride then. Drink some expired Pliny! Where do you live?
    Monterey, I don't drink, but got plenty of ganja....see, I told you I don't fit in.

mtbr member

*shrug*

It sounds like the mods only want diversity until it disagrees with them. And this has been a common theme ever since Iíve been using these forums.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    It sounds like the mods only want diversity until it disagrees with them. And this has been a common theme ever since Iíve been using these forums.
    Nailed it.

mtbr member
    May 2014

I don't Post alot but I have found you will get passed over in some threads because you're not part of the group.
    Pink bike is becoming my go to for info and chatting about bikes and riding.

fc
    Monterey, I don't drink, but got plenty of ganja....see, I told you I don't fit in.
    As long as it's not gangrene.

Isn't ganja like hops?
    IPA will save America

poser
    As long as it's not gangrene.

Isn't ganja like hops?

Shoot, you could probably cure gangrene with it!

Moderator Moderator
    I got excited when I saw this in my living room, oh wait, that's my Christmas tree.....

Second deleted thread in a month-img_0942.jpg

Nah. Mods try to delete threads that are designed to antagonize, sew dissent and generally wind up being a bitch-fest like this thread. There are a handful, or more, who habitually post threads with the above intent(s) and or generally have a shitty attitude when they contribute to other threads. Newcomers find it very unwelcoming and frankly so do I. So if you have a history of such posts then the likelihood your thread will be deleted is higher. I don't care if you have 10,000+ posts, if you're an a$$hole then find a different forum to troll. We don't need your clicks here.

That being said, I know a lot of you in person and you're cool as hell in my book. Maybe we could all just try and act like we're not on a forum and instead act like we're hanging out at a trailhead after a killer ride and drinking something, other than Pliny, or maybe smokin' a little sumfin sumfin. Whatever you're into.

poser
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    I got excited when I saw this in my living room, oh wait, that's my Christmas tree.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0942.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	318.8 KB 
ID:	1232629
    seems legit, dry it, grind it, roll it, smoke it.....ride

Name:	IMG_0942.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	318.8 KB 
ID:	1232629
    I just finished up "Murder Mountain" on Netflix. Amazing what kind of crap goes on up there in the weed land.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80217475

mtbr member
    Nah. Mods try to delete threads that are designed to antagonize, sew dissent and generally wind up being a bitch-fest like this thread.
    So why is a Tundra thread OK, and not a Tacoma thread?

Why are some UCSC threads OK, and some aren't?

Why are necro threads from literally over 5 years ago OK?

Honestly doesn't seem like there's any rhyme or reason to a lot of it.

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    Maybe you should buy a Dodge RAM.

mtbr member
    I propose that mods don't delete threads. Instead lock and give an explanation why. So that there is transparency. If people take issue, we can voice it, and thread can be reopened.

Justin has basically just confirmed they delete threads from people they don't like. That's horse $hit.

Why are necro threads from literally over 5 years ago OK?

Honestly doesn't seem like there's any rhyme or reason to a lot of it.
    • So why is a Tundra thread OK, and not a Tacoma thread? A: Got me on that one. I'm not sure.
    • Why are some UCSC threads OK, and some aren't? A: Depends on discussion and legality of trails.
    • Why are necro threads from literally over 5 years ago OK? A: If the necro thread discusses stuff that is now considered delete-worthy then it gets moved or deleted.
    • Honestly doesn't seem like there's any rhyme or reason to a lot of it.A: There is so much grey area it is hard to decide what stays or goes. If it contributes to a crappy experience for other readers or breaks rules then it goes. Ultimately mods go by their gut and try their best.

If you are confused then try to put yourself in a mod's shoes. The intent is to try and create a place where people can share experiences and goals with one another without fear of being flamed or hated on. A solid community where everyone is welcome. Rules are required to weed out the bad seeds. So everything a mod does is based on the rules and their interest in making this a pleasant and informative place to visit.

Justin has basically just confirmed they delete threads from people they don't like. That's horse $hit.
    That's not what I said.....

fc
    I propose that mods don't delete threads. Instead lock and give an explanation why. So that there is transparency. If people take issue, we can voice it, and thread can be reopened.

Will do, especially on the disclosure. But those 'xxx politician(or bike manufacturer) beats his wife every week' need to be gone asap .

Very, very, few threads are deleted... that are not spam.

The thread deleted last night was:
    "OT: Off Topic threads in NorCal Suck
    Started by dchester, 10 Hours Ago 10:57 PM"

Reason given was: open up a gong show endless argument
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    You had me at Tundra thread... where do I sign up. Love my Tundra.

Moderator Moderator
    Will do, especially on the disclosure. But those 'xxx politician(or bike manufacturer) beats his wife every week' need to be gone asap .

Very, very, few threads are deleted... that are not spam.

The thread deleted last night was:
    "OT: Off Topic threads in NorCal Suck
    Started by dchester, 10 Hours Ago 10:57 PM"

Second deleted thread in a month-gonghed.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob-o View Post
    I've never had a thread deleted because I've never started one...
    and I don't drive a Tundra
    It's the Tacos that get all the love. Tundra's must be the Subaru Brat of Toyota family of fine cars. Bob keeps it real.

We gotta hold it together.

This is the time of year when nobody's riding, the credit card bills are coming due and our body and minds are seizing up due to the lack of endorphins. It's angry season.
    I pay cash, mind is clear, i'm not angry, although "AngrY" was my original MTBR name.

I just finished up "Murder Mountain" on Netflix. Amazing what kind of crap goes on up there in the weed land.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80217475
    Heard good things as well - i'll binge watch.

Quote Originally Posted by hoolie View Post
    Maybe you should buy a Dodge RAM.
    I am an LA Rams fan...hmmm

Vote yes on this.

FC - how is this thread not the same damn thing? Bang a gong, smoke a bong, get it on. My side hurts from laughing.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    banned!!

I was 1mm away from buying an old Tundra... the old one before it got too big.

I posted on FB and boom, three people offered me their Tacoma. $4k, $9k and $14k, all pre-2006.
    IPA will save America

Nobody
    OP,
    Not sure what they deleted, but I saw a very strange post from you this morning and wondered what the hell it had to do with Harryís Hofbrau closing????

Your post in that thread was:
    ďNorCal Forum aka Bay Area. Need a NorEastCal Forum.Ē

Not sure I follow the relevance to the thread topic...
    Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamis View Post
    OP,
    Not sure what they deleted, but I saw a very strange post from you this morning and wondered what the hell it had to do with Harryís Hofbrau closing????

Your post in that thread was:
    ďNorCal Forum aka Bay Area. Need a NorEastCal Forum.Ē

Not sure I follow the relevance to the thread topic...
    "Very strange"? So not just 'strange', but 'strange' with emphasis.

It's the whole Off Topic idea. My comment was simply saying NorCal Forum is cluttered with Bay/E Bay/SC stuff and us foothillers are starting to feel lonely and left out. So - i suggested a new forum: NorEastCal, this would be all of us losers who don't live in or around SF/SC. Group hug.

"Very strange"? So not just 'strange', but 'strange' with emphasis.

It's the whole Off Topic idea. My comment was simply saying NorCal Forum is cluttered with Bay/E Bay/SC stuff and us foothillers are starting to feel lonely and left out. So - i suggested a new forum: NorEastCal, this would be all of us losers who don't live in or around SF/SC. Group hug.
    I think I need to start posting more then. I'm a foothill guy and I heart you.

Seriously though, it's winter which means G-Town is back on the menu. Well once this storm passes.

Moderator Moderator
    Yeah, I wish we had more posts from areas like the foothills, Redding, SLO etc.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006

Ha. This is funny...i was browsing the forum last night and saw dchesters (now deleted) thread pop right up. I read it, and agreed 100% with it. Then in a slow moment during work today browsed back and saw it was deleted and laughed out loud about how lame that is.

Deleted because of gong show / endless arguing reasons? Thatís every third thread in here. At least the thread was started with the intent of making this forum a better place. But yeah sure, delete that shit. No room
    In here for an alternative opinion about what might make a better mountain biking forum.

This thread itself is a gong show with endless arguing. Delete it then right?

Edit: that being said you mods have a tough job. I used to be a mod in a similar ish (but alpine skiing as the topic) forum years ago. I didnít have the stomach (or time) for it. Guess I still donít lol

Kappius Components Ambassador - Ping me a note for a discount code

poser
    SLO....? Nor-cal with a so-cal vibe? Isn't that where the whole cen-cal movement came from?

mtb'er
    I remember when there was a thread about breaking Norcal into 2 forums... basically Bay Area and Gold Country. (Not sure where Redding/Mendo fit). But I recall most people said they'd like to get all their info about Norcal in just one forum since people do ride all over the place.

p.s. TGR Sprocket Rockets is a potpourri of MTB threads, unspecific to any particular region, but a much better source for photo and ride stoke:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...rocket-Rockets

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ring-back-pics

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Beer View Post
    I remember when there was a thread about breaking Norcal into 2 forums... basically Bay Area and Gold Country. (Not sure where Redding/Mendo fit). But I recall most people said they'd like to get all their info about Norcal in just one forum since people do ride all over the place.

p.s. TGR Sprocket Rockets is a potpourri of MTB threads, unspecific to on region, but a much better source for photo and ride stoke:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...rocket-Rockets

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ring-back-pics
    Yeah I don't like the idea either. I like to learn about the Coast, Bay and SC stuff even if I don't get down there often plus I like the people.

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by brncr6 View Post
    I don't Post alot but I have found you will get passed over in some threads because you're not part of the group.
    Pink bike is becoming my go to for info and chatting about bikes and riding.
    I recently came off Banned status on PB. -Just bragging.

Moderator Moderator
    SLO....? Nor-cal with a so-cal vibe? Isn't that where the whole cen-cal movement came from?
    I'm not sure which flag SLO flies?

Hella Olde
    Norcal forum should include at least MorrObispo to Mendoboldt IMO bc we call all get there pretty easily.

Edit - and East through ElDoCo to TruckeReno

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    As a former moderator of forums, the requests for new sub-forums is endless.
    I have to say, MTBR subject matter, in general, is where one would expect to find the content.
    It seems like little crossover happens here, a few duplicate threads but for the most part, I know where to find content since most threads are started within the folder one expects.
    Generally, a few new folks request sub-forums to help them, yet many will just blindly post a thread with no regard for the category they place it. Then a moderator will have to find it and move it, then the poster rants that their thread was relocated.

If I had my say I'd have a folder structure the same way I manage my computer. But that won't work for everybody. The more things get broken down by category, the less time people wish to utilize it because it takes too long to figure out where to place their new thread. So they drop it in a general area.

The NorCAL forum is a little confusing to me at times. Considering I live in California but all of the norcal people are 4 hours south of me. I get excited when somebody asks a question about norcal, only to find out I'm useless because they want to know about trails too far away from me. No, I'm not asking for a new-subforum.

As for deleting threads, it's infrequent to have reason to delete.

I vote for 2 varied options.
    1) cleaning up the content when a thread turns into arguments
    2) locking a thread if the original questions/topic has been addressed and preventing any further banter that is off-topic of the thread.

I'm no different. I've asked for a few forum features be added. Forum runs fine without them, but it would be nice. It will benefit ME, and probably some others. If they don't have, no worries. Similar, if new sub-forums aren't added we can still function, and speak our opinion why it sucks that they didn't build it in.

I'm pretty happy here. I have ability to spend a lot of time on the forums. It gets old killing time reading where people call people names or argue about things until it's exhausting. Once a thread goes south I delete my subscription. I move on and find new topics to learn things from.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post

Edit: that being said you mods have a tough job. I used to be a mod in a similar ish (but alpine skiing as the topic) forum years ago. I didnít have the stomach (or time) for it. Guess I still donít lol

I view it through the lens: If/when forum members met in person, I'm sure they would be the best of friends.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Nailed it.
    I agree however thereís only one mod that abuses his power when itís not even needed. Hint, he hasnít posted in here yet.

As for a ďgood old boys clubĒ. I see it to a point but I ignore it and post what I want. If any donít like it well, thereís plenty of sand in Cali you can pound.

I donít even live in NorCal but enjoy the members over here. I come over for the entertainment and so far I havenít been disappointed. Once I am I may leave for a day or two but Iíll be back lurking, waiting, lurking and when you least expect it, Iíll pounce whether you like it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I donít even live in NorCal but enjoy the members over here. I come over for the entertainment and so far I havenít been disappointed. Once I am I may leave for a day or two but Iíll be back lurking, waiting, lurking and when you least expect it, Iíll pounce whether you like it or not.
    In the words of my favorite barber:

Come for the laughs,
    Enjoy the haps.
    Sit back relax,
    And have an ice cold Pabst.

Second deleted thread in a month-95dbe863d8c5244dd3be3a49b88e8d90.jpg

In the words of my favorite barber:

Come for the laughs,
    Enjoy the haps.
    Sit back relax,
    And have an ice cold Pabst.
    Boat beer yo! That's all I drink, while on the boat, in Alaska.
    Second deleted thread in a month-7232017111838.jpg

Moderator Moderator
    ^^^ That's living! Big time!

^^^ That's living! Big time!
    Yeah boy! Unfortunately my freezer got left open after the trip and I promised a few members here some of my catch. I lost 30lbs of salmon and halibut.

mtbr member

Yep - we had this conversation last time we rode i think. I posted a thread about riding in SC and I wanted to see if someone could guide me around UC area.

Immediately got UC shamed and thread deleted. Good ol boys.

mtbr member
    Ha. This is funny...i was browsing the forum last night and saw dchesters (now deleted) thread pop right up. I read it, and agreed 100% with it. Then in a slow moment during work today browsed back and saw it was deleted and laughed out loud about how lame that is.

Deleted because of gong show / endless arguing reasons? Thatís every third thread in here. At least the thread was started with the intent of making this forum a better place. But yeah sure, delete that shit. No room
    In here for an alternative opinion about what might make a better mountain biking forum.

THIS. X100.

MODS, please please please read this several times and try to absorb.
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

Moderator Moderator
    Yeah boy! Unfortunately my freezer got left open after the trip and I promised a few members here some of my catch. I lost 30lbs of salmon and halibut.
    If you ever catch one of these, I'll split the profits with you!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1OZ056

Not helpful.
    You mean, like Hogan?

Ha hhaaah ha ah aha ah aha aha aha aha ah aah aah ah aha ah ah aha h !!!

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    You mean, like Hogan?

Ha hhaaah ha ah aha ah aha aha aha aha ah aah aah ah aha ah ah aha h !!!
    It's amazing you were able to mix up those ha ha's like that! Every possible combination!

Iím just going to block that out of my head like I didnít read that.

Iíve killed for an Alaskan caught fresh salmon filet before.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanxj View Post
    THIS. X100.

MODS, please please please read this several times and try to absorb.
    ... and then delete this thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

u

Yep - we had this conversation last time we rode i think. I posted a thread about riding in SC and I wanted to see if someone could guide me around UC area.

You can either join Quadzilla and/or embrace wildly overpriced beer and you'll get your VIP All Access pass.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Just be more like Derek and open a Range Rover thread
    https://www.google.com/search?q=dere...SgbLGQFe5N8kM:

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    Yea, curious also on the Tundra thread, after owning F 150's for the past 15 years I purchased a Tundra TRD about 4 months ago, love the truck and value...

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Iím just going to block that out of my head like I didnít read that.

Iíve killed for an Alaskan caught fresh salmon filet before.
    So have the bears... lol

But yeah, I'll have to refill the freezer next year. When you get back to shore with a catch like this it is very satisfying. For reference, the halibut on the left is approx. 104lbs.
    Second deleted thread in a month-7232017111454.jpg

mtbr member
    ..But the Norcal forum is pretty awesome. We'll guide it the right way and try to avoid to many off-topic and those with non-regional context..
    That'll be the day

Can we get a State Of Jefferson forum?

fc

UCSC is a very tough one. Many locals ride there and some of it is legal and some is not.

So we can't/don't delete everything that mentions it.

But the minute folks post directions, trail names, photos, videos of the contraband. Mods gotta take a look. Painful/thankless job it is.

Folks tried to explain to you but you kinda went ballistic about it. Thread lightly and be discrete is the guideline.
    IPA will save America

fc
    that's your best story???

Thank you for the honey stash from your land empire. Have it every morning!!!!!
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Nah. Mods try to delete threads that are designed to antagonize, sew dissent and generally wind up being a bitch-fest like this thread. There are a handful, or more, who habitually post threads with the above intent(s) and or generally have a shitty attitude when they contribute to other threads. Newcomers find it very unwelcoming and frankly so do I. So if you have a history of such posts then the likelihood your thread will be deleted is higher. I don't care if you have 10,000+ posts, if you're an a$$hole then find a different forum to troll. We don't need your clicks here.

That being said, I know a lot of you in person and you're cool as hell in my book. Maybe we could all just try and act like we're not on a forum and instead act like we're hanging out at a trailhead after a killer ride and drinking something, other than Pliny, or maybe smokin' a little sumfin sumfin. Whatever you're into.
    This subjective attitude is creepy AF But in the end it's your forum

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I don't live in the Bay any longer and haven't posted here in years, other than to wish a friend condolences. The internet is a steaming pile of people that think the same. Everyone else either takes their knocks, or stays away. My signature is a direct quote from fc. There was a thread about trails and I posted a comment that was ridiculed. When one of the chosen ones made the same assertion it was heralded as a great idea. I griped about that and my signature was the response I received. Get on board, take your knocks or lurk and keep your thoughts to yourself. That is the lesson I learned. Different opinions are not well received.
    "It's just that nobody likes Cornfish." francois

mtbr member
    Damn, that's brutal..

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by cornfish View Post
    I don't live in the Bay any longer and haven't posted here in years, other than to wish a friend condolences. The internet is a steaming pile of people that think the same. Everyone else either takes their knocks, or stays away. My signature is a direct quote from fc. There was a thread about trails and I posted a comment that was ridiculed. When one of the chosen ones made the same assertion it was heralded as a great idea. I griped about that and my signature was the response I received. Get on board, take your knocks or lurk and keep your thoughts to yourself. That is the lesson I learned. Different opinions are not well received.
    Heyyyyyy... that quote is not true. I like you. Dre Hestler vouched for you, i think. Good dude, rider, that went after the great trails, kinda on your own beat. You brought the Rochefort 8... or 10 many weeks in a row and hung out.

I said that quote in jest.
    IPA will save America

Trail Gnome
    Youíre not alone cornfish...fc doesnít like me either

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee29 View Post
    This subjective attitude is creepy AF But in the end it's your forum
    Creepy is subjective too. Want to enter a popularity contest with me bro?

So have the bears... lol

But yeah, I'll have to refill the freezer next year. When you get back to shore with a catch like this it is very satisfying. For reference, the halibut on the left is approx. 104lbs.

Name:	7232017111454.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	1232852

Tasty!

that's your best story???

Thank you for the honey stash from your land empire. Have it every morning!!!!!
    Yeah, it's a pretty lame story too.

But after next year's trip I'll bring a big cooler full of frozen fish to SC for the homies. You bring the Pliny and BBQ?

Hella Olde
    Everyone need to chill and listen to what CW has to say here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9yo...0#action=share

More Caw Bell

mtbr member
    Creepy is subjective too. Want to enter a popularity contest with me bro?
    Do you let yourself get pwned often? lol, popularity is hardly a measure of good moderation. Best of luck on that front

Plz lock this mess

I think it all comes down to how sensitive you are and or if you have a sense of humor. If you canít take negativity and just blow it off, then your little feelers will get hurt. What was the famous line Rodney King said?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40 View Post
    Everyone need to chill and listen to what CW has to say here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9yo...0#action=share

More Caw Bell
    I put my pants on just like everyone else. But once I get them on, I make gold records.

mtbr member
    UCSC is a very tough one. Many locals ride there and some of it is legal and some is not.

So we can't/don't delete everything that mentions it.

But the minute folks post directions, trail names, photos, videos of the contraband. Mods gotta take a look. Painful/thankless job it is.

Folks tried to explain to you but you kinda went ballistic about it. Thread lightly and be discrete is the guideline.
    Hilarious - please find that post if it exists so you can show everyone exactly what you're referring to. I'm good to eat some crow and memory is short but what you just said is opposite of what actually happened.

I never once asked for directions, said a trail name, photos, videos (yet several yewtoobers do this frequently), never went ballistic...but I would like you to prove me wrong. Waiting....pretty sure others are too. I have my crow warmed up and ready to eat.

Moderator Moderator
    Let's everyone take a deep breath and listen to the words of the great Morris Albert....

I think I will listen to this next time I go to Carlmont.

mtbr member
    Good points - the old adage of hiding behind a keyboard exists here. While many of the folks here are quite knowledgeable, just as many who like to stir the pot, make sarcastic comments, then say they didn't mean it "that way".

I can take just about any hits really. What I don't like is untruths. If I said anything out of line i'll own it. My little feelers don't get hurt. I'm basically just as big a troll as the rest of us.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    lets get this thread to #100 so FC has to send dchester some socks. is that still a thing? Come on people, post for dchester!

Hella Olde
    +1 for the Locos

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40 View Post
    +1 for the Locos
    When do I get a Loco decal?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel Mot View Post
    lets get this thread to #100 so FC has to send dchester some socks. is that still a thing? Come on people, post for dchester!
    dchesters feet are probably cold, so +1 from me.

huck to flat
    When do I get a Loco decal?
    Upon attending and surviving a Locos ride and post ride beers.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trail Bum View Post
    Upon attending and surviving a Locos ride and post ride beers.
    This spring, first round is on me!

mtbr member
    But the minute folks post directions, trail names, photos, videos of the contraband. Mods gotta take a look.
    I'm 99% sure you posted a photo of yourself wearing a shirt that literally has all the most popular illegal UCSC trail names. lol

Thread Killa
    Nov 2012
    Loco's won't have me... Delete Post and ban the bastards! wait, I'm not in the NorCal MTBR club either... Nobody likes Whitewater... I'm off to Zwift

poser
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
    Loco's won't have me... Delete Post and ban the bastards! wait, I'm not in the NorCal MTBR club either... Nobody likes Whitewater... I'm off to Zwift
    Its called whitewater because that's where the great whites hang out

Moderator Moderator
    I'm 99% sure you posted a photo of yourself wearing a shirt that literally has all the most popular illegal UCSC trail names. lol
    There's a code, but it's more like guidelines.... We are mountain bikers after all, not roadies!

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Youíre not alone cornfish...fc doesnít like me either
    Weren't you a mod here. #rolleyes

We still love you man.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel Mot View Post
    im a sucker for socks. We will get to 100.

mtbr member
    doing this for dchester! Almost there

Will you wash the socks before sending? Or is the funk just a good metaphor?

mtbr member
    im a sucker for socks. We will get to 100.
    You sure?
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

mtbr member
    This one?

Moderator Moderator
    This one?
    Those a legal hiking trails.

mtbr member
    ^^^ They're not even legal hiking trails. They technically don't exist. I hope those t-shirts were burned or used for bike cleaning rags. At least do what ABS does, make a shirt that alludes to the trail name via clever graphics, w/o ever actually specifically mentioning it. It's called exercising some discretion (see MtotheF's excellent post on the topic here), which is an approach that many people who post here could learn something from...

Oh, and mods please delete this thread.

(... but after dchester gets his socks, post #100!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast