Save Mount Diablo needs ride leaders for 2006!- Mtbr.com
    Feeling a little taller

Save Mount Diablo needs ride leaders for 2006!

Message from a member of Save Mount Diablo:
    We need a few ride leader volunteers for Save Mount Diablo's “Spring on the Mountain”

After several years of leading yearly "Spring on the Mountain" mountain bike rides, the latest letter from Save Mount Diablo requesting event sponsors, mentions that they coordinate "hikes, cycling, and equestrian events." In that light, I was hoping to get more mountain bikers involved this year so we can have more than the one "cycling" event for this years Spring on the Mountain.

Save Mount Diablo coordinates events that are sponsored by organizations such as BTCEB. What a prospective ride leader would need to do is provide is a ride date, meeting location and ride description to Save Mount Diablo by December 31st, 2005. I can coordinate the logistics of getting the submissions in.

Can you ask your members and previous ride leaders if they would be willing to lead a ride? It needs to be between March 1, 2006 and June 15, 2006. The areas that the event takes place in is Mount Diablo and adjoining lands, including Morgan Territory, Brushy Peak, Round Valley, Lime Ridge, the new Cowell Ranch State Park and Black Diamond Mines. Basically anywhere bounded by 680 on the west, 580 on the South, the Delta on the North and Byron Highway on the East.

Save Mount Diablo’s scope of interest now directly involves several EBRPD lands in the Mount Diablo Area. This is important for us to consider. There areas of interest are bounded by 680 on West, 580 on South, Byron Highway on East and the Delta on the North. It would be great to lead rides in Brush Peak, Round Valley, Black Diamond Mines, Morgan Territory, Diablo Foothills / Shell Ridge, plus others.

If ride leaders are interested, have them contact me and I will handle the submissions. Save Mount Diablo will publicize the event as well.

Getting a bunch of rides listed this year would be a very visible statement by BTCEB and our growing interest in trails and preservation. I've been the lone cowboy for about 5 years now, and it would be great to increase our presence in THE definitive land acquisition not-for-profit land agency in the East Bay. Save Mt. Diablo is considered by many to have set the benchmark for land preservation deals side by side with development. It came about due to the Blackhawk development that Ken Behring did in the 70's. Mary Brower led the charge resulting in thousands of acres preserved along Mt. Diablo's southern flanks. A HUGE win at the time.

EBRPD is the other major group involved in land acquisition, and they work side by side in many cases.

Rally you ride leaders. Come out and accelerate our cause!
    Message from BTCEB representative:
    This kind of group participation is priceless. They also do a lot of publicity, publishing of event brochures, newspaper, etc. It would be great for us to have two events per month, total of eight. All we have to do is pick 8 rides and get volunteers to lead them. This is enough advance time that I will volunteer to lead one of them (from the back!) I'm excited! Get back at me ye hearty mountain bikers!
    IF THIS INTERESTS YOU, PM ME!
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

Feeling a little taller
    Iv'e gotten 2 responses so far from our masses...how about some more? Diablo, foothills, morgan, shell, lime, etc. are all good approaches to a great park. How about some more leaders?
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

VTT
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    Iv'e gotten 2 responses so far from our masses...how about some more? Diablo, foothills, morgan, shell, lime, etc. are all good approaches to a great park. How about some more leaders?
    Count me in for either Mt Diablo or Black Diamond...

mtbr member

Well.....

I put in almost 100 miles this past weekend on Mt.Diablo. Picked up a nice very detailed map at Pegasus Bicycles in Danville, and off I went. I'll need to ride Mt.Diablo more before I feel comfortable leading a group, but by the time this rolls around I should be good.

Yesterday I did a great 48 mile ride from South Gate entrance to Mt.Diablo ending in Shell Ridge. Little over 12 miles was done on pavement. (Started from my place in Alamo)

Few photos here!

-Larry

VTT
    mtbr member
    100 miles !!! .. you are my hero !!!
    I went to Annadel this weekend with Steve and Tim and rode about 4 1/2 hours. The weather was great and we had a good time. See you soon,

Alain

mtbr member
    Are you sure your odometer is accurate? That seems like a lot for such a little area.

Night ride soon?

jps

Quote Originally Posted by LJ0913
    Yesterday I did a great 48 mile ride from South Gate entrance to Mt.Diablo ending in Shell Ridge.
    -Larry

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by imjps
    Are you sure your odometer is accurate? That seems like a lot for such a little area.

Night ride soon?

jps

Ha! It is when you see a few trails twice in one day, and incorporate some road riding.

Night ride sounds perfect! I am free most days.....

Members who have read this thread: 0