Saturday September 4, 2010 ~~~~~ Fifth Annual Skeggs Half Moon Bay Skeggs Ride- Mtbr.com
    More pie please

Saturday September 4, 2010 ~~~~~ Fifth Annual Skeggs Half Moon Bay Skeggs Ride

Start your Labor Day weekend off with a San Mateo County mountain bike tour of
    El Corte de Madera Creek OSP, Purisima Creek Redwoods OSP, and Higgins Purisima
    Start your Labor Day weekend off with a San Mateo County mountain bike tour of
    El Corte de Madera Creek OSP, Purisima Creek Redwoods OSP, and Higgins Purisima
    Road to Half Moon Bay. (Maybe we'll have lunch at Cameron's Pub again this year???)
    Meet me at Skeggs Point on Skyline Blvd SR35 at 8am on Saturday September 4, 2010.
    It's an all day ride (historically ~9 - 10 hours total time), ~50 miles and 8k climbing, and
    about 40% of the route is on pavement. Pace for the last couple years, as the day
    progressed, the group split into small groups of riders with similar pace which I think is
    good. I always end up in the last group!

So if you're in town over the Labor Day weekend.....

....stare at the spinning wheel and think about it...

///Charlie

The first four years...

2006 pre-ride thread
    Charlie's Bigass Ride report (shorter than usual)

2008 pre-ride thread
    Help! Skyline35 is trying to kill us!

Route:

Park at Skeggs Point (meet at 8am, roll by 8:15~8:30)

ECdM part 1: tour south side; CM1 Fir Manzanita Timberview Crosscut
    Crossover Gordon Mill Steam Donkey Spring Board Blue Blossom Lawrence
    Creek Virginia Mill Trail South Leaf Methuselah North Leaf. Exit gate CM7.

Pavement: take Star Hill and Tunitas Creek roads to Purisima gate PC4.

Purisima part 1: Borden Hatch Mill Grabtown Gulch Purisima Creek trails to PC3.

Pavement: north on Skyline 35 to PC1.

Purisima part 2: Down North Ridge Whittemore Gulch trails to PC5.

Pavement: Higgins-Purisima Road to Hwy 1, Half Moon Bay. Ride around on the trails
    near the bluff, have lunch, then turn back Higgins-Purisima Road to Purisima Creek
    Redwood OSP.

Purisima part 3: Back in gate PC5, up Purisima Creek Borden Hatch Mill trails to PC4.

Pavement: Tunitas Creek and Star Hill roads to ECdM gate CM7.

ECdM part 2: El Corte de Madera Creek Resolution Fir to CM1, Skeggs Point parking.

I have attached a simple route cue sheet that you can print-out. I hope I got all the
    right/lefts correct...double check with your map.

Weather link for Skeggs Point.

Weather link for Half Moon Bay.

September 4th sunset will be at 7:34pm.

Food & water: Water is available at drinking fountains in Half Moon Bay. For the last couple
    years, we've been buying lunch at Cameron's Pub so bring $s if you think you might like to
    eat there.

Traffic factor: The Kings Mountain Arts Fair is on that weekend.

I will edit post #1 if anything changes; the most current information can be found here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Skyline35; 09-02-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: to re-link the spinning wheel
    Long live long rides

mtbr member
    I love the idea of this MTB all day party but I know my legs will be jello around the 20th mile. Maybe next year for me. Have fun and ride safe folk....

mtbr member
    Have canceled other engagement for this date.. can't wait!

I wonder if this will still be there on Purisima Creek trail (saw it yesterday)...

rho
    Life is strange
    Ohhhh Snap.

IN!

mtbr member
    Always a great ride and one I look forward too all year. Its been a really busy few months, but I should be there on the 4th.

Older than I feel
    Aug 2006
    Crap, I'm outta town this Labor Day weekend. Next year for sure!
    Work is the curse of the biking classes.

aka dan51
    Damn, Shiloh flies in from some foreign country that day, and she specifically said "it would be nice if you picked me up from the airport." Guess we're out

pro leisure tour
    An epic ride with Charlie? Hmmm...............OK, I'm in. (I was hypnotized by the spinning wheel thingy)
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

Rovers and Bikes
    Nov 2008
    I'm in! Looking forward to finally riding this one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Edit: I'm out this time, Have fun!
    Last edited by JL de Jong; 08-27-2010 at 12:17 PM.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    Damn, Shiloh flies in from some foreign country that day, and she specifically said "it would be nice if you picked me up from the airport." Guess we're out
    "it would be nice if you picked me up from the airport." ≠ "pick me up from the airport."

Exact words! Although, Greg Brady didn't fair too well when he used the "exact words" logic.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by tburger
    "it would be nice if you picked me up from the airport." ≠ "pick me up from the airport."

Exact words! Although, Greg Brady didn't fair too well when he used the "exact words" logic.
    Just watched the "exact words" episode. Looks like exact words did work for Greg. It got him ungrounded AND he got the groovy swell chick that wasn't sore at him. Thanks for killing 30 mins for me

mtbr member
    Half Moon Bay is only 20 mile from SFO. Drop your car at SFO the morning of the 4th, ride to Skeggs, go on the ride and Shiloh can pick us up at Cameron's.

Do us married guys need to explain everything?

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by EBrider
    Half Moon Bay is only 20 mile from SFO. Drop your car at SFO the morning of the 4th, ride to Skeggs, go on the ride and Shiloh can pick us up at Cameron's.

Do us married guys need to explain everything?
    That would be a great idea, but:
    1. it involves ME riding a bike on the road
    2. I'm in no physical condition to ride that much
    3. I think she's leaving from SJC

I really want to do this ride, so I may just do an unmarried guy move and do what I want...

mtbr member
    Last year was a blast..count me in

~~~
    I really want to do this ride, so I may just do an unmarried guy move and do what I want...
    I'm putting my 10 foot pole down right now...

Natural body armor
    dammit!
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ratpick
    Have canceled other engagement for this date.. can't wait!

I wonder if this will still be there on Purisima Creek trail (saw it yesterday)...
    It was still there this morning...
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.

mtbr member
    Marco and me are in.

mtbr member
    Every year I want to do this ride and every year I flake. This year is no exception. Have fun.

Spin-stabilized
    Hurt so good. In!
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm down for 60% of that ride...sticking to the dirt!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'm gonna be in town from San Diego. I'm on a SS. Would like to do this ride. Anything I should know other than what's already been posted?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjagow
    I'm gonna be in town from San Diego. I'm on a SS. Would like to do this ride. Anything I should know other than what's already been posted?
    No, but you will be fine on a SS.

More pie please
    Quote Originally Posted by bjagow
    The mosquitos in El Corte de Madera are biting like crazy. Use bug spray if bug bites bug you.

I've been pre-riding the route and taking pictures (mostly at the coast) .....

One time, my brain came loose and I had to zip-tie it back on:

Near Cameron's on Highway 1, I saw this old race car:

Lots of California Sisters on the Virginia Mill Trail:

The ride is ON, looks like we will have perfect temps - see you guys Saturday!

///Charlie
    Long live long rides

pro leisure tour
    Great pictures, Charlie. Can't wait. Is it Saturday yet?

I like mtn biking, too
    Ugh.. the spirally thing... must... resist... can't... resist....

OK, I'm going! I took a big fall last weekend, so I'll be the gal with the black eye.
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. Were just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

~~~
    I'm out for this one. Have a great time, guys!

Michael B
    Seriously considering joining in on the festivities...don't know if I have the time for an all day ride though. Might there be a point on the route where I can bail out and head back to the lot? Haven't ridden there in years so the network of trails are a bit on the fuzzy side to me right now. Sounds epic though!

I like mtn biking, too
    There are a couple options to bail after:
    ECDM part 1, then take ECDM trail or star hill rd. to your car.
    Purisima part 1, just take skyline back

If you go all the way down to HMB, you might as well come back up on the route, it's pretty direct coming back (although you could make it quicker & easier by sticking to the road instead of going back through Skeggs).
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. Were just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

Michael B
    Excellent...thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    I rode down Whittemore Gulch today, checked out Burleigh Murray Ranch State Park and back up Harkins Ridge for thrills. Trails are in excellent condition - Whittemore is going to be much fun!

As I rode down Higgins-Purisima Rd, they had a sweeper cleaning the road, which I thought was excellent. But when I came back, they had laid down "chip seal" - lots of loose gravel that eventually gets flattened by traffic. Ironically, they only do this on low-traffic roads (because it is cheaper) which sucks for cyclists.

We should be ok with big tires - I pity any roadies going around that loop in the next few weeks.

BTW - I thought the barn house in Burleigh Murray Ranch SP was pretty cool - a 2-level design that made it much less work to store hay and feed the cattle. The ride out there is easy from the road. Since the SP land goes all the way to Skyline Blvd, I do hope that they build a trail all the way some day.

So green and cool (on a hot day) on North Ridge Trail and Whittemore Gulch Trail
    From Purisima Creek Redwoods OSP & Burleigh Murray Ranch SP Ride - Sep 2010

Inside lower level of the barn

Inside upper level of the barn

Outside the upper level, with the raised road next to it to ease hay unloading

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shredchic
    There are a couple options to bail after:
    ECDM part 1, then take ECDM trail or star hill rd. to your car.
    Purisima part 1, just take skyline back

If you go all the way down to HMB, you might as well come back up on the route, it's pretty direct coming back (although you could make it quicker & easier by sticking to the road instead of going back through Skeggs).
    Some have had their significant other meet them at Half Moon Bay (Cameron's Pub) so they avoid the climb back. Or park a car down there and get a lift up to Skeggs.

The climb out is half the fun, though. Especially after a good feed at Cameron's!

mtbr member
    I'm out. Between spending a full week in Leadville and all the long weekends training, I need to spend a weekend closer to home.

Too bad, this is a great ride and is on my calendar all year.

More pie please
    I ... checked out Burleigh Murray Ranch State Park
    If you saw fresh bike tracks on the trail to the water tanks, those were mine. I went out
    there yesterday (Wednesday).

BTW - I thought the barn house in Burleigh Murray Ranch SP was pretty cool - a 2-level
    design that made it much less work to store hay and feed the cattle. The ride out there is
    easy from the road. Since the SP land goes all the way to Skyline Blvd, I do hope that
    they build a trail all the way some day.
    My old thread on the Burleigh H. Murray Ranch State Park is here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=549366

There you will find a map showing a trail to Skyline, the map is hosted on parks.ca.gov.

Mid-Pen has been buying properties north of Murray Ranch. Their announcements have
    mentioned possibly connecting to Murray Ranch.

That is the saddest park I have ever been to.

///Charlie
    Long live long rides

rho
    Life is strange
    I might be out on this ride.
    Came down with a nasty cold this week that screwed me out of work and a backpacking trip.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline35
    If you saw fresh bike tracks on the trail to the water tanks, those were mine. I went out
    there yesterday (Wednesday).

My old thread on the Burleigh H. Murray Ranch State Park is here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=549366

There you will find a map showing a trail to Skyline, the map is hosted on parks.ca.gov.

Mid-Pen has been buying properties north of Murray Ranch. Their announcements have
    mentioned possibly connecting to Murray Ranch.

That is the saddest park I have ever been to.

///Charlie
    I agree.. not sure why it wasn't given to MidPen instead. I see there is a firing range and some housing there which might be why State Parks is hanging on to it.

While it would be cool to have a trail all the way to Skyline, I'm unsure how useful it would be unless the trail itself was an interesting destination. You could loop back up around to the top of the North Ridge trail, I suppose.

BTW, (and sorry for OT), I was tempted to go down to the bottom of the North Ridge trail just to see what's there but the Midpen maps don't show any connecting roads. Satellite suggests it might link up with Higgins-Purisima, perhaps crossing private land. Anyone know?

mtbr member
    Still in, anyone wants to go to Bishop on Mon and do Onion and Whithney Portal?

More pie please
    I agree.
    I know you saw, at the barn, the interpretive sign tipped sideways on the ground. That
    looked really sad. Seems like the maintenance program consists solely of an annual
    mowing around the barn and some of the trail.

BTW, (and sorry for OT), I was tempted to go down to the bottom of the North Ridge trail
    just to see what's there but the Midpen maps don't show any connecting roads. Satellite
    suggests it might link up with Higgins-Purisima, perhaps crossing private land. Anyone
    know?
    It's been a while since I rode out North Ridge....my recollection is that the fireroad was
    stupid-steep where it goes over the knoll (both sides). Pretty nice views along the way.
    I stopped at the gate with the usual Mid-Pen "Stop - Private Property" signs but the
    fireroad definitely continued down the hill.

poff - I rode with Roy last Saturday, he said he'd be on the ride with us.
    Long live long rides

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hello Charlie,

Are you gonna have C-level riders in the mix? My friend and I would like to join.

Thanks,
    bongsta

I like mtn biking, too
    I'm just gonna ride at my own pace, which will be relaxed - I have the cue sheet, and I know the route very well. If I'm left way in the back, that's fine, people will just have to wait for me to open my beer cooler at the end. If peeps are hangin' back with me, that would be bonus. If people are slower than me, (very slim chance of that), I can't guarantee that I can wait, gotta keep moving on a long ride like this, or I won't make it.
    ~Fairfaxian

sftrydr

Chip-seal on Higgins Canyon rd to HMB fire Station

"As I rode down Higgins-Purisima Rd, they had a sweeper cleaning the road, which I thought was excellent. But when I came back, they had laid down "chip seal" - lots of loose gravel that eventually gets flattened by traffic. Ironically, they only do this on low-traffic roads (because it is cheaper) which sucks for cyclists.
    We should be ok with big tires - I pity any roadies going around that loop in the next few weeks"

Rode up + in to Burleigh Murray today on Higgins Canyon rd from HMB. SMCounty roads had staff stationed across from fire station to "suggest" that road users go only as far as the work being done. I didn't encounter sealing crew by Burleigh Murray SP.
    Asked the staff member stationed at the fire station on way back if there was any problem w cyclists passing ongoing road work crew....He just suggested that one ask nicely, and they'd probably allow a cyclist to pass.I didn't ask if they would be working tomorrow...

"BTW, (and sorry for OT), I was tempted to go down to the bottom of the North Ridge trail just to see what's there but the Midpen maps don't show any connecting roads.Satellite suggests it might link up with Higgins-Purisima, perhaps crossing private land. Anyone know?"

Yes, serv rd continues down through private+extremely unfriendly territory(horse owners) where it connects to Higgins Canyon rd.

Enjoy the ride tomorrow,
    Jim S

s.

More pie please
    bongsta329 - There's only the big ride. You guys can start with us and break-off, say, after
    Steam Donkey, you could go back Cross-Over, then hit Giant Salamander, climb out
    Methuselah. You wouldn't want to start the Lawrence Creek/Virginia Mill segment - that is a
    long way down and up.

shredchic - that's a perfect approach. I fully expect the riders will sub-divide by riding
    style/pace into comfortable groups.

ssulljm - thanks for the intel. It would be unbelievable if the road crew was working over
    Labor Day weekend!
    Long live long rides

Spin-stabilized
    Bongsta, i'll be plodding along. We can hang back together but i'll be doing the whole enchilada, just slower.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bailout. Cool. I'm gonna ride tomorrow then. I'll let my friend know of the bailout options. See you tomorrow.

pro leisure tour
    One time, my brain came loose and I had to zip-tie it back on: ///Charlie
    Oh, this is going to be a fun ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by poff
    Still in, anyone wants to go to Bishop on Mon and do Onion and Whitney Portal?
    Well I want to, but I can't
    (You can me for such a useless post tomorrow, i'm in for Half Moon Bay )

mtbr member
    Help! Charlie is killing us!!!!

mtbr member

We the people ...

Help! Charlie is killing us!!!!
    Ha, I was thinking you should be at Cameron's about now. Hope everyone's having fun (other than Charlie killing you of course)
    Last edited by EBrider; 09-05-2010 at 06:54 AM.

diskus
    Charlie tried to kill me but I escaped!!!!

mtbr member
    Great ride! My GPS 46mi/8000'. Thank you everyone for great company!!!!!

mtbr member
    Ouch Charlie, that really hurt.

Great ride guys and girls. Looking forward to next time.

http://www.mtbguru.com/trip/show/151...bay-2010-09-04

mtbr member

Stories and lies

What a fun ride (as always)! Thanks to Charlie for organizing the ride and being our fearless leader throughout the day.

Although it was chilly down by the bay the temperature rose nicely as I drove up to Skeggs Point and we started the ride comfortably in the low 60s. Down Fir then down Manzanita. Some made multiple attempts to clear the rocky climb on Manzanita but (correct me if I'm wrong), nobody cleared it this time. Charlie got to see some unlucky guy from a group in front of us go down in an ugly crash on these rocks.

Regrouping at the bottom of Manzanita!

Down Timberview, back up the always fun Crosscut and down Crossover (fallen tree thankfully gone). Poff tried his hardest to convince us to not climb Gordon Mill just for the little Steam Donkey downhill, but we had a plan and the plan was our master.

Climbing Gordon Mill to Steam Donkey
    From Charlie's Big Ride - Sep 2010

Steam Donkey was loads of fun. We then had some fun on the Lawrence Creek - Blue Blossom - Virginia Mill trails, working our way over to the two "leaf" trails. On the way we ran into ElHombre who couldn't be convinced to join us

Some fun descents and long climbs passed and we found ourselves on South Leaf trail. Poff almost made one particular step-up so went back for another go and cleared it:

Climb4fun also made a great attempt and very nearly cleared it.

After much fun on South Leaf then North Leaf, we exist ECdM through CM-08 and ride down to Purisima Creek Redwoods OSP.

Another regroup at the entrance to Purisima Creek Redwoods OSP.

We began our very fun descent down the Grabtown Gulch trail. Here Charlie prepares to jump a water bar!

Eventually, we all regroup at Purisima Creek Trail, delay the long climb for a while, but then get going on the climb.

Our fearless leader reaches the top of the climb up Purisima Creek trail.

At the top, we hang around for a while until everyone completes the climb. Then we take the "mailboxes" trail by the side of the road to get up to Purisima Creek Redwoods parking. This trail was a lot of fun - technical in places

Next, we descended North Ridge trail followed by Whittemore Gulch trail. This last trail is one of the riding highlights of the ride. Today, it was made difficult by a lot of hiker traffic. Most were no problem, but one couple got quite upset at us. Nevertheless, there were plenty of smiles on our faces at the bottom.

Here, we regrouped again then began the climb up Higgins-Purisima road.

Higgins-Purisma Rd had just been resurfaced unfortunately, with chip-seal. No fun to ride over. But we all made it and descended to Cameron's. At Cameron's moves were made to eat immediately, but Skyline35 had different iideas and took us down to the bluffs to see the beach. The beach was very pretty but chilly and windy.

Back at Cameron's, there were plenty of outside tables, so we picked two. Nearly all of us followed Poff's advice and had big burgers for a late lunch. Some of us added a beer to that!

It was very chilly at Cameron's; some of us couldn't take it and found a table inside.

Next up, the climb back to Skeggs Point. We began with a climb up Higgins-Purisima Rd back to the Purisima Creek trailhead. We waited a long time before realizing that 2 riders who were yet to make it. We waited, then some rode back up Higgins-Purisima (no luck). At this point, we figured they must have missed the gate. Skyline35 and I took off and found them headed towards us!

Up to Bordon Hatch trail, then up Tunitas Creek and Star Hill through CM-08 into Skeggs to ECdM then Resolution Trail. There was a nice sunset about to occur but despite the mishaps, we were happy that we were going to get back before dark.

Resolution seemed to pass by very quickly and we climbed up Fir and back to Skeggs Point where the fast group was waiting for us.

Another fantastic ride by Skyline35!

Last edited by ratpick; 09-05-2010 at 07:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Great report ratpick! Thanks for the photos.. I thought we would run into you guys at Skeggs-
    - peddling home - the lot at Purisma was packed, we forgot about the Mountain Art Fair. It was CRAZY - Can't imaging how many hikers you guys had to navigate thru --
    Jt

Here are a few Video Trail Guides I shot - just for fun:
    http://destinationproductions.com/cu...PassionTrails/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by diver160651
    Great report ratpick! Thanks for the photos.. I thought we would run into you guys at Skeggs-
    - peddling home - the lot at Purisma was packed, we forgot about the Mountain Art Fair. It was CRAZY - Can't imaging how many hikers you guys had to navigate thru --
    One of the reasons Charlie chooses this weekend is the use of the Purisima OSP parking lots for the mountain fair usually cuts down the amount of hikers on the trail. But today, Whittemore had quite a few which slowed us down. Most were very friendly, but when you get that many, you're more likely to come across the angry anti-bike Sierra Club set - and we did.

I like mtn biking, too
    Phew! That was pretty fun, and pretty chill. Thanks for organizing this skyline!

It was funny, when (being one of the slower ones) I took advantage of a head start climbing up Borden Hatch trail (the last climb out of Purisima), I had no idea the 2 behind me missed the entrance & took like, a 4 mile detour down to Verde Rd.! Since I was going super slow & no one was catching up to me - I started to think someone got hit by a car or something! Then I wondered if I should have gone down to find out what happened, but my knees were screaming no, so I waited a bit. Eventually, poff, bailout, climb4fun, and nowatt caught up to me & explained what happened.

As soon as we got on to Tunitas Creek rd, these guys turned into a peloton with perfectly synchronized pedal strokes & fantasized about smokin' the roadies... lol Good times!
    ~Fairfaxian

More pie please

More pics from the ride

On the Manzanita 180...

shredchic:

The Mille Miglia Man (ratpick pedaled 1,000 miles in August 2010):

SparkyJay

Visiting from San Diego, bjagow:

At the bottom of Grabtown Gulch Trail...

Queenie, damn, 2007 Xterra 45-49 World age group champion!

poffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

diskus joined us at CM7, and after lunch at Cameron's, the dawg got a ride back to Skegg from Jerzdude:

Traffic on Whittemore Gulch Trail:

Thoughts of twisty road bubble up out of Roy's head:

It would be unbelievable if the road crew was working over Labor Day weekend!
    Damnnnnn, the County crews were running sweepers over the recent resurfacing:

Getting closer to the City of Half Moon Bay:

Cameron's Pub in sight!

Yay, we're there !!!

Poff says

Lunch at Cameron's Pub:

Heading back ... so hard to get the legs going again:

Next up, the climb back to Skeggs Point. We began with a climb up Higgins-Purisima Rd
    back to the Purisima Creek trailhead. We waited a long time before realizing that 2 riders
    who were yet to make it. We waited, then some rode back up Higgins-Purisima (no luck).
    At this point, we figured they must have missed the gate. Skyline35 and I took off and
    found them...
    ratpick leads the two escapees back to PC5:

Quote Originally Posted by climb4fun
    Ha, ha, ha, nice find ...... but really, 226 million views! Wow.

Bailout, bjagow, bongsta329, climb4fun, Dave, diskus, Meiling, nowatt, plymmer, poff, ratpick, shredchic,
    sparkyJay, vegieman, and Wen - glad you all came out, I really enjoyed riding with you all, fun, fun, fun !!!!!!

///Charlie

Last edited by Skyline35; 09-05-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: typos
    Long live long rides

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Was an epic ride! thanks for organizing it Charlie

Spin-stabilized
    Thanks again to Charlie for organizing this epic ride. Thanks to everyone for the great company! Nice to meet new people and awesome riders as well. I think I was the only mere mortal out there yesterday

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Charlie...thanks for letting me and Wen tag along and for putting together the ride. That was my longest and tallest ride on fat tires yet. I had a great time and looking forward to more rides in the future. It was great meeting everybody. Next time I'll finish the Resolution part. =)

Happy trails.

Groveland Trail Heads

wow...

nice ride reports and the pics were nice too... I miss my bikes
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bongsta329
    Charlie...thanks for letting me and Wen tag along and for putting together the ride. That was my longest and tallest ride on fat tires yet. I had a great time and looking forward to more rides in the future. It was great meeting everybody. Next time I'll finish the Resolution part. =)

Happy trails.
    You better! Good riding with you.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Bump..

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thank you all again for the hospitality. Next year I'll throw a 9 on the back and at least have access to a granny gear for a few of those climbs. Beautiful scenery; can't wait until I return. If there are any pics, please send me a link. Thanks!

Brandon from SoCal.

Members who have read this thread: 0