Saturday East Bay Ride...

Printable View

  • 04-25-2006
    Obi
    Saturday East Bay Ride...
    I totally forgot, this is what we're doing Saturday!!

    So if you can't make Annadel, here's an option:



    [QUOTE=EBRPB]

    April 29, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Walk in the Park Family Health and Lifestyle Expo at Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area in Fremont. Enjoy a day of outdoor fun and LIVE musical entertainment!


    Join us for a bike ride to the event from Coyote Hills! We will meet at Coyote Hills,
    (scroll down the page to April 29th) starting at 8 a.m. and will leave Coyote Hills at 9 a.m.
    and bike the Alameda Creek Regional Trail east to Quarry Lakes (about 8.5 miles) to join in the fun there!

    Our neighbors in Fremont and surrounding areas are welcome to join us at any point on the ride! Parking is available at Coyote Hills for the bike ride, and at Quarry Lakes-- $5 per vehicle (when kiosk is attended); $4 per trailered vehicle. Buses: $1 per person (empty bus $50; empty commercial trans. van $5). Dog fee is $2 per dog (guide/service dogs free). You can take public transportation--please call 511 for details. Quarry Lakes is conveniently Located off I-880 at Decoto Road.[QUOTE]

    Yahoo map to Quarry Lakes.

    Yahoo map to Coyote Hills.

    ~I knew there was something we were doing. See, I'm not a total flake!!:D

    It's a good mellow ride that shows community support! One side's paved, the other is fire road, mostly flat, but fun nonetheless. I look forward to seeing fellow MTBR members there!! Just look for the MTBR socks and the 1x1.
  • 04-25-2006
    zorg
    [QUOTE=obionespeedonly]I totally forgot, this is what we're doing Saturday!!

    So if you can't make Annadel, here's an option:



    [QUOTE=EBRPB]

    April 29, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Walk in the Park Family Health and Lifestyle Expo at Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area in Fremont. Enjoy a day of outdoor fun and LIVE musical entertainment!


    Join us for a bike ride to the event from Coyote Hills! We will meet at Coyote Hills,
    (scroll down the page to April 29th) starting at 8 a.m. and will leave Coyote Hills at 9 a.m.
    and bike the Alameda Creek Regional Trail east to Quarry Lakes (about 8.5 miles) to join in the fun there!

    Our neighbors in Fremont and surrounding areas are welcome to join us at any point on the ride! Parking is available at Coyote Hills for the bike ride, and at Quarry Lakes-- $5 per vehicle (when kiosk is attended); $4 per trailered vehicle. Buses: $1 per person (empty bus $50; empty commercial trans. van $5). Dog fee is $2 per dog (guide/service dogs free). You can take public transportation--please call 511 for details. Quarry Lakes is conveniently Located off I-880 at Decoto Road.
    Quote:


    Yahoo map to Quarry Lakes.

    Yahoo map to Coyote Hills.

    ~I knew there was something we were doing. See, I'm not a total flake!!:D

    It's a good mellow ride that shows community support! One side's paved, the other is fire road, mostly flat, but fun nonetheless. I look forward to seeing fellow MTBR members there!! Just look for the MTBR socks and the 1x1.
    I might just go and make the ride. I leave 1/4 mile from the trail. If I do, look for a Soma SS 4one5.
  • 04-26-2006
    Obi
    Great...
    Nice to know you'll be there, on the SS at that! We'll look for you!!
  • 04-28-2006
    Obi
    2 Attachment(s)
    Ride update info...
    OK, we pre-rode the trail this morning, and there's a lot of our friend, the GoatHead.

    So, plan on sticking to well worn trail areas, and bring plenty of patches and a good pump,
    (yes, they even made it through my Dh treads),
    or just ride the paved, like we will probably end up doing.

    Reminder: MTBR members,
    plan on meeting up at the Alameda Creek/Ardenwood Boulevard-Union City Boulevard
    undercrossing by 8:30-9:00am!
  • 04-29-2006
    Obi
    Zorg and (?-Sorry forgot your name)
    Thanks again for joining up with us. The "Group" never really showed up, just one of our neighbors on her Juliana F/S. A family showed up later saying the kids were complaining about "[it]reeking of skunk really bad about a mile back..."

    Haa-haa, "gee, sorry to hear about that." was all I could muster, as I didn't feel about telling her of our near miss. Didn't want the family to be discouraged from riding there, but that was classic. Maybe we should consider ourselves lucky the other animal we talked about didn't show up.


    So, thanks again, we gotta do this a few more times, but more to the dirt than to the Lakes.

    Obi..(and the Mrs.)
  • 04-29-2006
    zorg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by obionespeedonly
    Thanks again for joining up with us. The "Group" never really showed up, just one of our neighbors on her Juliana F/S. A family showed up later saying the kids were complaining about "[it]reeking of skunk really bad about a mile back..."

    Haa-haa, "gee, sorry to hear about that." was all I could muster, as I didn't feel about telling her of our near miss. Didn't want the family to be discouraged from riding there, but that was classic. Maybe we should consider ourselves lucky the other animal we talked about didn't show up.


    So, thanks again, we gotta do this a few more times, but more to the dirt than to the Lakes.

    Obi..(and the Mrs.)

    That was fun, way more than house remodeling. :) Once in a while, I like to do an early grand tour of CH. Always a good time.
  • 04-29-2006
    Obi
    We'd ride tomorrow, but...
    Going to go visit the ROMP Swap Meet over in Cupertino.

    Next Sat. maybe?? 7 or 8 am??
  • 04-29-2006
    zorg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by obionespeedonly
    Going to go visit the ROMP Swap Meet over in Cupertino.

    Next Sat. maybe?? 7 or 8 am??

    I might be able to do it but only for no more than 2 hours as I have to be home early to work on the house with my dad. W-e after is the 24hoa, and the next one is MBTB I believe. So many good rides ahead. :)