Santa Cruz Wednesday June 23- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Santa Cruz Wednesday June 23

My wife and I are coming into town and plan to do a ride. I lived in Aptos for a couple years, but moved about 5 years ago. I used to ride in Nisene Marks, but I'd like to try something else around the general area. I'm used to very technical, boulder-rocky riding with steeps & drops, but my wife prefers more XC. We can both put in a good 3-4 hours without too much trouble. If anyone could suggest something fun with some sweet vistas I'd really appreciate it. If by chance there is a group going out that day that wouldn't mind some company, that would be great as well. We've met some really cool people around the country this way, and hopefully it'll happen again. Thanks and can't wait to get back to NorCal!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 02Slayer
    My wife and I are coming into town and plan to do a ride. I lived in Aptos for a couple years, but moved about 5 years ago. I used to ride in Nisene Marks, but I'd like to try something else around the general area. I'm used to very technical, boulder-rocky riding with steeps & drops, but my wife prefers more XC. We can both put in a good 3-4 hours without too much trouble. If anyone could suggest something fun with some sweet vistas I'd really appreciate it. If by chance there is a group going out that day that wouldn't mind some company, that would be great as well. We've met some really cool people around the country this way, and hopefully it'll happen again. Thanks and can't wait to get back to NorCal!
    We meet every Wednesday evening for a ride in Nisene. The ride though is only 2 hours or so long. We go up to SandP and then down some "route". We meet at the dirt lot at 5:15pm. Our little group is small and usually inlcudes at least a couple of women. You would be welcome to join us.

I would also recommend a ride at Soquel Demo Forest. You could do Down Saw Pit, Up Sulfer, Down Braille sequence that takes 2-3 hours.

Maybe you could do both rides. Maximize the day.

Sabine

mtbr member

Well Alright!

That sounds like fun Sabine. We're just packing up right now and getting ready to fly out tomorrow for some V_A_C_A_T_I_O_N!! My wife Kirsten was psyched to see that some women were riding. My name is Erik, and I used to work at an Outdoor Science school that took kids from middle schools for a week around NorCal and hiked them through the redwoods to experience cool science. The camp the school works out of is up on Catherdral, its called Monte Toyon and the school is The Web of Life Field School, or the WOLF School. I used to hike those little kids all around those parts, and down into Nisene to check out the river and other fun places. That was one ofthe best jobs I've ever had, and at this point, I really wouldn't mind going back there, but this time as a "student" to see some parts of the park that are new to me. This is really shaping up to be one hell of a trip!
    Last edited by 02Slayer; 06-18-2004 at 07:26 PM. Reason: forgot some words!