santa cruz riders- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

santa cruz riders

hey folks. i'm out in norcal, santa cruz to be exact, from the east coast for the summer. just got out here a couple weeks ago, seems like a pretty dandy place. with lots of great riding, although i have yet to make it over to Nisene. i'm just looking for more folks to ride with. i've been doing dh runs and freeridey stuff with some folks i met, but i'm starting to miss riding uphill too. so who's around here? i ride a silver azonic saber, so if you happen to see me on the trail, say hello. or post here or pm me.
    Last edited by smelly; 07-04-2004 at 11:06 AM.

I am lost, I'm no guide
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly
    hey folks. i'm out in norcal, santa cruz to be exact, from the east coast for the summer. just got out here a couple weeks ago, seems like a pretty dandy place. i'm especially loving the UCSC trails (magic carpet, sweetness, dead campers, etc), though i haven't made it across town to Nisene yet. i'm just looking for more folks to ride with. i've been doing dh runs and freeridey stuff with some folks i met, but i'm starting to miss riding uphill too. so who's around here? i ride a silver azonic saber, so if you happen to see me on the trail, say hello. or post here or pm me.
    You didn't happen to be up at Delaveaga yesterday at the disc course? I rode up to Top of the World and saw a silver saber resting comfortably in the back of a pick up truck. Check your pm's... I've got a question...
    There is no food served in Santa Cruz, the rangers just bulldozed it all. - jschwart73

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gobike
    You didn't happen to be up at Delaveaga yesterday at the disc course? I rode up to Top of the World and saw a silver saber resting comfortably in the back of a pick up truck. Check your pm's... I've got a question...
    wasn't me. check your pm's

SS Clyde 29er

... and if we just ... heya

yeaa, i ride Nisene like 3x a week. if u want hills..YEAAaaa, we definately gots hills fo ya. go up the Aptos Creek trail (main fire road), on up to the Top of the Incline, n on to Sand Point (da bench). should be at least 1 hr plus of climbing on ur rig.

from Sand Point there are few options:
    -keep goin up to buzzard lagoon or soquel demo
    -come back down aptos creek (the way u came up) for a 15 min downhill ride
    -go down, past the bench, take the first major left turn to West Ridge trail! (illegal, but wayyy fun, everyone rides it, just be polite to hikers)
    -go down, past the bench, n keep goin down, will drop u off near olive spring road, u gotta go over 3 small streams and then soquel creek on to olive springs road

look at my profile, i ride it a lot in the afternoons and my bike has a blue Sid shock on it, if ur serious bout riding w someone, email me n we can arrange somethin.

WELCOME to BIKE CITY, USA !