Santa Clara County Roads meeting March 9: mountain roads popular with bicyclists- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Santa Clara County Roads meeting March 9: mountain roads popular with bicyclists

Santa Clara County: Input needed for bike route study

The Santa Clara County Roads and Airports Department is launching a study to identify the rural and mountain roads popular with bicyclists and to develop a list of potential improvements for these roads. Bicyclists are invited to attend a kick-off workshop to mark up maps showing their favorite rides and identifying areas of concerns.

This workshop will take place at the Wednesday March 9 VTA/Santa Clara County BPAC meeting at 7:00 pm in the VTA Auditorium at 3331 North First Street, San Jose, CA.

If you are unable to attend the workshop and wish to provide input, please contact Dawn Cameron at [email protected] by Wednesday March 16.

The VTA/County BPAC will hold their regular meeting from 6:00 - 7:00 pm at the same location if you want to come prior to the workshop to attend the meeting.

Please pass this information on to anyone else who may be interested including bike clubs, bike email aliases at your work, etc.

mtbr member

Is the Silicon valley Bicycle Coalition helping out?

Is the SVBC having a part in this?

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    thanks for posting this.

this is a great opportunity: the county is seeking the input of the community to determine the popular bike routes on county roads. what are they going to do with this information? well after we have a list we can begin to prioritize the the roads and the improvements that need to be made to them and then identify funding sources. we could see some real improvements to our favorites rides so please come out to support this initiative.

if you have feedback but are unable to attend you can send me your input and I will bring it to the event.

mods could you sticky this thread?

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    Is the SVBC having a part in this?
    As far as Im aware, SVBC is not taking any official part in this. However there is an SVBC board member on the BPAC so they are certainly aware of it, and Im sure Mr Goldstein will be in attendance and providing feedback. Someone please correct me if Im wrong.

Also if anyone wants an official flyer for this please contact me and I will forward you the pdf document from the county.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rox
    As far as Im aware, SVBC is not taking any official part in this. However there is an SVBC board member on the BPAC so they are certainly aware of it, and Im sure Mr Goldstein will be in attendance and providing feedback. Someone please correct me if Im wrong.

Also if anyone wants an official flyer for this please contact me and I will forward you the pdf document from the county.
    Mr. G is the vice chair of the BPAC, and will almost certainly be there. I'm not too sure how much he will be representing SVBC though (I don't think he is a board member).

It was posted on the SVBC webpage (now on page 2).

Axe
    Custom User Title
    They should just log in to Strava and look at the rides.

mtbr member
    This could be nice, some quick re-paving on some of those roads would make life so much nicer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2clue
    some quick re-paving

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah
    okay maybe not quick, can't a boy dream.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 2clue
    okay maybe not quick, can't a boy dream.
    Pavement? You dream of pavement?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe
    Pavement? You dream of pavement?
    opps....forgot this is mtbr.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Would this meeting be an appropriate place to bring up the fact that there is no way to commute from Fremont to Santa Clara without traversing dangerous intersections? (e.g. the 880 at Dixon Landing)

They have done a great job of connecting bike paths on the south and west sides of the bay, including the new Moffet field bypass. Why have they completley ignored Milpitas and Fremont?

Ok, it is Alameda county... but still!!!
    Last edited by mtnmasher; 02-20-2011 at 11:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmasher
    Would this meeting be an appropriate place to bring up the fact that there is no way to commute from Fremont to Santa Clara without traversing dangerous intersections? (e.g. the 880 at Dixon Landing)

They have done a great job of connecting bike paths on the south and west sides of the bay, including the new Moffet field bypass. Why have they completely ignored Milpitas and Fremont?

Ok, it is Alameda county... but still!!!
    It's still worth mentioning. Nice to have the bike routes connect between jurisdictions.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    this meeting is one week away

Members who have read this thread: 0