San Fran Urban ride, Sunday July 9th- Mtbr.com
    Track Junkie

San Fran Urban ride, Sunday July 9th

We're going to roll through the city tomorrow on mountain bikes. We'll probably start around 11am, and go until tired (about 10 miles). We ride around on man-made obsticles and what-not. It's a great way to see the city and notice the finer details of SF, especially from a bikes perspective!

Some things we've ridden in the past: Pier 39, Filbert Street steps, Coit tower, Lombard St, Golden Gate Park, Embarcadaro, Chrissy Field, etc.

If anyone is interested I'll post a meeting place and time. We won't be going fast, but you should be comfortable riding agressively and in crowds and traffic.

-B
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Good job!

While you're out, over on Chrissy Field, be sure to swing by the Sports Basement's Bike Department. There's roughly 120 yrs shop experience in there, and they're a great group of mechanics who know their stuff. Be sure to introduce yourselves!

Ask 'em to show their Singlespeeds!! There's two really sick builds the guys own.
    Just Spinning Along.

Track Junkie
    We'll be meeting aat 10:30ish am. We will be done around 4pm. Right now there are 7 of us, and we will be going at a relaxed, slow pace. This will be a 'fun' ride, with plenty of time for pics and regroups.

We will meet at the parking lot north-west of the Golden Gate bridge, off of Cozelman Rd about 10:30am. This parking lot is easy to access, is never full, and is free. We will ride over the GG bridge into the city from there. http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en...03889,0.010729

If you'd like to join us, feel fee to reply! Several of us are bringing our significant-other's, so we will have a very diverse and fun group. Look forward to seein you there!

-B

Medium?

Pictures?

Did you guys hit the big walls along the pedestrian path between Fort Mason and Fisherman's Wharf?

Lot's of good stuff around there...

Track Junkie
    Yep! those are pretty fun. There were lots of walkers and tourists out, so we couldn't be too reckless. We ended up doing 19 miles throughout the city.

-B

Members who have read this thread: 0