S Tahoe's new Corral Flow Trail vs the Demo's Flow Trail?- Mtbr.com
    Yeti SB95c
    Jun 2004

S Tahoe's new Corral Flow Trail vs the Demo's Flow Trail?

TAMBA and the Sierra Buttes trail crews have put a bunch of work into a flow trail at South Lake Tahoe. Looks like fun in this video!

Anyone rode it and the fantastic new mile of the Soquel State Demonstration Forest Flow Trail in the Santa Cruz Mountains yet? It would be good to compare. I hope to get up to Tahoe in a few weeks after riding the Cannell Plunge in Kernville. Also, there is a new bike park near the Truckee airport to check out on the way up to Downieville.

PS: The Demo Flow Trail needs a decent video. I can shoot something of OK quality if we can't find pros. I shoot with a Sony Handycam, Contour bike mounted cam, and an iPhone 5s. My Moab vids are reasonably popular. Need victims, err, riders to volunteer. It would be good to have Drew and others for interviews.

Jim

Axe
    Custom User Title
    ...I wonder how it will hold up over dry summer..

Yeti SB95c
    Jun 2004
    We're wondering that with the Demo Flow Trail also. The Demo gets fog. Tahoe should get summer thunder showers.

mtbr member
    Everything is better in Tahoe compared to elsewhere

Only kidding, as I've never ridden sc and haven't seen newest iteration of corral but will soon and am looking forward to it

mtbr member
    Not really sure what the point of comparing them is, both will be different and awesome in there own way. I think once Demo is completely done it's gonna be hard to beat as a pure flow trail. For me being able to drop 2800 feet and 9 1/2 miles of pure singletrack Tahoe awesomeness before even starting the flow trail is pretty special and hard to beat in it's own right. I look forward to enjoying both

Yeti SB95c
    Jun 2004
    Comparing, and even competing, will help trail designers and builders optimize their work for the best experiences. I want to ride Coral soon but we're doing trail work for Midpen this Saturday on Skyline Ridge. Maybe we'll get to Tahoe the following weekend.

I'm taking the summer off to mountain bike and lose weight so I'll be riding them all :-) By fall I'll be a 24 year old stud again! OK, at 63 there are probably limits...

mtbr member
    Both are already designed, both have to work with and are constrained by the terrain, soils and rock available. Tahoe will be done soon, Demo who knows when it will be complete. So yea Future flow trails can look at whats out there and see what works but you will always have to fit whatever you come up with to work with Mother nature and what the land manager is willing to allow.

Have fun this summer!

Yeti SB95c
    Jun 2004
    Details of 3 miles of the Demo Flow Trail haven't been designed yet. Only the general flow. Trail crews engineer as they work based on a rough design and the leader's placement of flags that indicate berms, rollers, kniks, etc.

Besides, it is all just dirt. No problem modifying it for new ideas :-) As in software design, trail design should be agile.