Rockville/Skyline- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rockville/Skyline

Anyone have beta on these two spots? I'm in S Marin and drive up to Annadel pretty often. These don't seem much further. Any good? Reco's?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrkrft69 View Post
    Anyone have beta on these two spots? I'm in S Marin and drive up to Annadel pretty often. These don't seem much further. Any good? Reco's?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Rockville has some fun little sections, but there just isn't that much trail out there--you can ride most of what's worth riding in a few hours.

There are a few highlights though: The Upper and Lower Tilly trails in the SE corner of the park are fun, and there are some technical DH sections connecting them. There's also a very fun little spot in the northern most section of the park called Cave Trail, which has some steep rock gardens and a few few short rolls that are fun.

From there, the Quarry trails back to the parking lot are pretty flowy and fun.

I mostly ride there when it's wet, since it holds up better than most other areas.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrwin View Post
    Rockville has some fun little sections, but there just isn't that much trail out there--you can ride most of what's worth riding in a few hours.

There are a few highlights though: The Upper and Lower Tilly trails in the SE corner of the park are fun, and there are some technical DH sections connecting them. There's also a very fun little spot in the northern most section of the park called Cave Trail, which has some steep rock gardens and a few few short rolls that are fun.

From there, the Quarry trails back to the parking lot are pretty flowy and fun.

I mostly ride there when it's wet, since it holds up better than most other areas.
    Yup... I second The Tilly's and The Cave at Rockville... Also, look up Cascade while you're there... fun stuff for sure!

I want to ride my bicycle
    Jan 2004
    Skyline is an absolute gem and getting better all the time. Trails are in great shape right now! Enter at River-to-Ridge entrance (intersection of streblow & hwy 221) and you can easily find a 20-25 mile 3000ft+ ride if youíre looking for it.

New website and new map launched this week: https://skylinepark.org

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by jerms View Post
    Skyline is an absolute gem and getting better all the time. Trails are in great shape right now! Enter at River-to-Ridge entrance (intersection of streblow & hwy 221) and you can easily find a 20-25 mile 3000ft+ ride if youíre looking for it.

New website and new map launched this week: https://skylinepark.org
    Man, they really need to have someone help them rewrite the stilted text and correct misspellings.

"Dowload"?
    Anti demagogue.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

I want to ride my bicycle
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Man, they really need to have someone help them rewrite the stilted text and correct misspellings.

"Dowload"?
    Thanks for pointing that out. All volunteer effort to get that new site out there. Iíll get the text fixed today.

Just a reminder, Skyline Park does not run on tax dollars/county funding - only source of income is from people buying day/annual passes, camping/RV reservations, and special event reservations.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Oat Hill Mine is over that way. I ride it a couple times a year when the family comes together for wine tasting weekends. Handles the wet well for the winters. Seems like it can get really hot in the summer. Some of the most fun techy rocks I've found in the bay area. Great views from the top. Worth seeing if you haven't been out there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive View Post
    Yup... I second The Tilly's and The Cave at Rockville... Also, look up Cascade while you're there... fun stuff for sure!
    Before you go to Rockville, check here to see if the park is open: https://www.fairfield.ca.gov/gov/dep...comm/press.asp

Last week it was closed due to fire danger. Re-opened this week, but smartest to check before making the drive.

Chump
    Quote Originally Posted by jerms View Post
    I haven't ridden Skyline in over a decade, but it sure looks like they've added a lot of trails since the last time I was there. I need to check it out again!

To the OP - Rockville is probably my favorite place to ride in the bay area. I used to ride Annadel regularly, too, but I like Rockville better. But Rockville takes some exploring time to find figure out which trails, and which directions on which trails, and which lines on which directions on which trails are the most fun for you. So don't form your opinion after just one or two visits.

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Goose View Post
    I haven't ridden Skyline in over a decade, but it sure looks like they've added a lot of trails since the last time I was there. I need to check it out again!
    Same.