Riding in Boonville/Ukiah/Mendocino?- Mtbr.com
    Happy as a little girrrrl

Riding in Boonville/Ukiah/Mendocino?

My wife and I will be staying in Boonville soon (check this place out: www.sheepdung.com and click on "The Other Place". We'll be there for almost one week and I'm looking for a place to ride while I'm up there. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, can anyone by chance recommend a good day spa near the area?(my wife would like to know!!! ...after all, it's our anniversary celebration!)

Medium?

Pretty tough.

There are plenty of growers around the area who will chase you out of otherwise public places. You may have to find county fire road if you don't want to drive too far. Ask at a forestry station. I remember that there's at least one dirt road that goes from the Boonville area out to the coast around Albion. Check mapquest and topozone .coms.

Or you could drive up to Fort Bragg and get a Jackson Demo Forest map at an LBS. There is some decent riding in there. It's about 30 minutes driving though.

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnbald1
    My wife and I will be staying in Boonville soon (check this place out: www.sheepdung.com and click on "The Other Place". We'll be there for almost one week and I'm looking for a place to ride while I'm up there. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, can anyone by chance recommend a good day spa near the area?(my wife would like to know!!! ...after all, it's our anniversary celebration!)
    There are plenty of spas along the coast. Try http://www.mendocino.com
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    There are plenty of growers around the area who will chase you out of otherwise public places. You may have to find county fire road if you don't want to drive too far. Ask at a forestry station. I remember that there's at least one dirt road that goes from the Boonville area out to the coast around Albion. Check mapquest and topozone .coms.

Or you could drive up to Fort Bragg and get a Jackson Demo Forest map at an LBS. There is some decent riding in there. It's about 30 minutes driving though.
    Fantastic. Thanks. I'm really interested in the dirt road from Boonville to Albion. If you have any more info on that, please fill me in. I checked mapquest, but didn't see anything. I'm sure there will be plenty of riding on the property we are staying too. By chance, do you know anything about the Independence Day parade/celebration that takes place in Mendocino? Any tips? We want to go, and bring our dog, but we aren't sure of what type of crowd to expect??!? Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by andy f
    There are plenty of spas along the coast. Try http://www.mendocino.com
    Thanks...do you have a favorite one you have been to before?

orthonormal
    Only one i've been to is the Sweetwater Spa. I stayed at the Mendocino Village Inn and you get free use of the group tubs and sauna when you stay there. It's on Main Street on the South end of town.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

Old School

While in Mendocino....

Make sure you hit a shop called "Art That Makes You Laugh". It's on the main drag that runs east to west on the south side of town (toward the west end of the street). My wife and I picked up two pieces when we were last there. Great stuff.

Caca pasa

Hey, thanks, Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel
    Make sure you hit a shop called "Art That Makes You Laugh". It's on the main drag that runs east to west on the south side of town (toward the west end of the street). My wife and I picked up two pieces when we were last there. Great stuff.
    http://www.mendocino.com/redirect.lasso?id=257

Gonna make the game?

fp
    "합니다 행사에서 디비 판매 합니다 관련해" Lesleybien

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

Old School

Softball in August?

Oh oh -- THREAD HI-JACK

I'll put that on the radar. Truth is, not much free time. The day would count towards my "time off for good behavior" credits -- equivalent to a full day of mountain biking. I tend to guard those credits pretty close.

Caca pasa

Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel
    Oh oh -- THREAD HI-JACK

I'll put that on the radar. Truth is, not much free time. The day would count towards my "time off for good behavior" credits -- equivalent to a full day of mountain biking. I tend to guard those credits pretty close.
    C'mon, this is just as good as a good ride. Your MTBR friends, a BBQ afterwards, beer, exercise, mtbr friends, tight hamstrings and something a little different that you don't have to clean your bike after.

Sheesh. Remind me to never get married.

fp
    "합니다 행사에서 디비 판매 합니다 관련해" Lesleybien

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

Old School

You're Right!

I would love to hang with my MTBR brothers and sisters, share a few beers, BBQ, and hit the ball. We'll see where we are with soccer by then (I'll be coaching the little rats again this year).

mtbr member

DON"T GET MARRIED

I'll remind you again later.
    :p

don't try this at home
    don't know much about the spas but there is a nice hotspring place up there. Orr Hot Springs, they're clothing optional but it's very nice, relaxing and rustic. you can also sign up to get a massage. it's on Orr Springs Road which goes from Ukiah to Mendocino. up the road from there is Montegomery state reserve which is one of the coolest redwood groves around. Also has the tallest tree in the world.