• 10-29-2012
    squashyo
    RIDE PLANS: Soquel Demonstration Forest Nov. 3 / Nov. 4
    Hi everyone.

Demo will be packed next weekend so starting a group ride/general ride thread here to prevent clutter on other posts. 10K ride Saturday and camping trip sat/sun. 10K people should of course use their thread to manage their rides but feel free to post here as well.

For me, I will be at the camp ground at 9m Sat. Morning just some 100yards or so from the parking lot. I plan to stick around for campers till about 11am. I hope someone will be at the campground not riding so I can take off for a few loops....if not, I'll stay till my wife gets there later in day.

I plan to hit Bacon, Coral, Sawpit, and Braille on a not light Mojo HD. This will be a DH influenced ride but the pedal up the hills will not be slow but not fast with break points along the way. Casual, fun, but more suited for seasoned riders. No jump will be passed...at least for me. :) Anyone is welcome to join though will probably just run into people all day.

Afterwords, plan to simply hang out at camp ground and anyone is welcome to come on in and hang.

Cheers
  • 10-30-2012
    emptybe_er
    ...psthppt! ("Bill the Cat" style); who in their right-mind would want to ride with you? :confused:
  • 10-30-2012
    StuLax18
    Sounds like there won't be many, if any, big bikes out there. Once I get something I can pedal we shall ride again!
  • 10-31-2012
    squashyo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by emptybe_er View Post
    ...psthppt! ("Bill the Cat" style); who in their right-mind would want to ride with you? :confused:

Goddamn I miss your trails! I am trying to butter up the wife to go again soon (and I like my wife all buttered up).

So, funny story. I am riding with emptybe_er and I notice that he get's all the chicks so I ask, "How do you do it...what's your secret?" He says, "Before every ride, I stick a Taro Root in my spandex...works every time!" So after the ride we hit the beach and I decide to give it a shot. I put the Taro Root in my spandex and approach some smokin' hot chicks hanging on the North Shore. It was going ok when all of a sudden they start screaming and run away. I go to emptybe_er and say, "I don't get it, I did exactly what you said." He says, "You need to put the Taro Root in the front."

And yes, riding with me is no easy task...I do not tolerate poor line choices and I tend to ride in the rear yelling "faster, faster, faster!!!".
  • 10-31-2012
    jeng
    Quote:

Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    hit Bacon, Coral, Sawpit, and Braille

Yep!
  • 10-31-2012
    squashyo
  • 10-31-2012
    2clue
    Quote:

Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    Sounds like there won't be many, if any, big bikes out there. Once I get something I can pedal we shall ride again!

I only own a big bike! ( 160 big for me...)
  • 10-31-2012
    rox
    5k social A ride pace starting at 10am
  • 10-31-2012
    JL de Jong
    Very social pace Ridge/Sawpit loop with Jeanie on Saturday starting between 1 and 2pm after setting up camp. Believe me, if I complain about the pace, I'd be sleeping outside the tent.
  • 11-02-2012
    AaGro
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JL de Jong View Post
    Very social pace Ridge/Sawpit loop with Jeanie on Saturday starting between 1 and 2pm after setting up camp. Believe me, if I complain about the pace, I'd be sleeping outside the tent.

I'm in for the camping but have never ridden demo. I'd be down to join the very social pace ride. :thumbsup:

Aaron